Author Topic: Referee  (Read 1766 times)

Online Statto

• cebu
Referee
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »
Sorry but again today the official’s handling of the game was beyond a joke.

Us Punters collectively probably paid £500k to watch that game today, with that much again riding on it with betting and ultimately £100m + in premiership TV money at stake.

And the best the FA can give us to oversee this hugely important event is that clueless pillock we had today?

The next time I see a sign or person talking about the “respect” campaign I’m going to push it/them over, Di canio-Alcock style.

We should be more like the South Americans assassinating crap refs or chasing them out the ground

Offline Ged

• Graham Leggat
Re: Referee
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 08:56:37 PM »
Lucky he was crap because Brentford should of had a penalty

Offline Arthur

• Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »
I can think of a number of situations where I thought the referee did well: from not booking Odoi for his petulant response to the award of a throw-in to his sensible application of the advantage rule. What litany of offences is he supposed to have committed, I wonder? The penalty claim looked less-than-clear to me from behind the incident - which is the view the referee would also have had, I suspect.

Offline JoelH5

• Legend
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 09:15:10 PM »
He was crap but as above, they should have had a pen so we can’t complain too much.

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 09:39:13 PM »
Two Bob referee today!

Offline FulhamKC

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 09:42:48 PM »
I thought the referee had a decent game. The only call I thought he missed was their penalty.

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 09:45:17 PM »
Can't blame the ref for the fact that we never really looked like getting a second goal today.

Offline Fulham76

• MAESTRO
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
The refereeing team were really poor but that suited us today. A blatant double handball from Johansson is about a clear a penalty as you’ll ever see. And the offside given against them in the first half was ridiculous, clearly onside.

Terrible standard of officiating but we would have lost today if they were any good.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »
We only have ourselves to blame.
Referee did not influence the result as far as we are concerned.
He certainly had a better game than Piazon. We have had far worse referees and linos this season.

Offline rogerpinvirginia

• cebu
  • I AM POINTING A PEN AT THE CAMERA THAT TOOK THIS
    • Theatre Production
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 10:51:13 PM »
The refereeing team were really poor but that suited us today. A blatant double handball from Johansson is about a clear a penalty as you’ll ever see. And the offside given against them in the first half was ridiculous, clearly onside.

Terrible standard of officiating but we would have lost today if they were any good.

Yep, that offside decision was ludicrous.
We could easily have been 2-0 at half time

But, we're still in it and will be in the play-offs and won't make the same mistake over 2 games
that we did last year

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 11:13:15 PM »
The ref and his assistants were rubbish, so many wrong decisions, wrong about throw ins, corners and of course the dead cert penalty that Brentford should have had and the offside which wasn't! Some complain about the officials when we lose (can't remember the last time though), please don't complain about today, we were very fortunate!

Offline Peabody

• cebu
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
Neil Swarbrick is, or was a Premiership referee and whilst we have had worse, he certainly made some strange decisions. As for the offside goal, I was directly in line and initially the player was offside, until Tim fell, the question is, had the through ball been played before Tims slip?

Offline SP

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »
I'm not a referee but I thought it odd when the ref told the 4 Brentford players trying to obstruct Betts view before the free kick just outside the box in the first half.  Yes, they would've been deemed offside IF they stayed there but as the ball was dead, surely, he had no right to move them? Someone plse clarify.

Offline Whitesideup

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »
I'm not a referee but I thought it odd when the ref told the 4 Brentford players trying to obstruct Betts view before the free kick just outside the box in the first half.  Yes, they would've been deemed offside IF they stayed there but as the ball was dead, surely, he had no right to move them? Someone plse clarify.
I thought that was strange as well. Should have just waited for the kick and then immediately blow for off-side as clearly they were trying to "interfere with play".

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »
I posted at the time that there were incidents in the first half that remain a mystery to me why the ref stopped, started, gave free kicks etc. I became very confused and had to wonder what the rules are? I can understand that things can go against us or for us. But I thought the ref just broke up the game and confused the hell out of me, especially first half. Second half I realised he was on telly and was playing up for the cameras.

Offline otter muppet

• Youth Academy
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »
I'm also surprised the Brentford player wasn't sent off for throwing ream to the ground and ripping his shirt open.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Online Statto

• cebu
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
I'm also surprised the Brentford player wasn't sent off for throwing ream to the ground and ripping his shirt open.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

and that was the player who scored

...in the 4th minute of injury time when there were no injuries...

...and then we go up the other end and get a corner and the ref blows the final whistle without letting us take it

Offline Twig

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 01:24:43 PM »
I am not suggesting the ref cost us points.  You could make a case that he cost Brentford the match and equally, as Statto points out above, that he cost us the match.  My issue was the poor quality of decisions from the officials collectively.
The free kick discussed above was one example.  Numerous incorrectly awarded throw ins especially down our left in the first half.  There were also some occasions when the ref delayed whistling for a pretty blatant offence; now I get that he could be trying to see whether there was an advantage to the team in possession, except there was no possession in the incidents I am recalling.  This may seem a small point but it makes it hard for players to play to the whistle if they don't know whether it is going to come or not.

I just think we, the paying public (whether Fulham or Brentford fans), deserve better.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:28:59 PM by Twig »

Offline Stevieboy

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 01:52:52 PM »
I knew we would have problems when their player controlled the ball off the pitch when the ball must have been out of play.....he certainly was!,

Offline Texas White

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 02:33:35 PM »
We only have ourselves to blame.
Referee did not influence the result as far as we are concerned.
He certainly had a better game than Piazon. We have had far worse referees and linos this season.

Yes only us to blame. Got to get behind the boys and go again.