watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johansen

Started by The Rock, April 15, 2018, 12:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Weakest link - he's done well, it was his poor play that was shocking at times today. That or Brentford exploited him for some reason. What gives?

Fulham76

There were a few poor performers today unfortunately, not just Johansen. Most of Brentford's first half chances were down to mistakes from Fulham players.

Probably not the time to knock anyone in particular as we've been on such a good run, (21 games undefeated has got to be a championship record???), and everyone loses form at some point. Unbelievable we've kept it going so long.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: The Rock on April 15, 2018, 12:07:34 AM
Weakest link - he's done well, it his poor play that was shocking at times today. That or Brentford exploited him for sone reason. What gives?
I was begging Slav to take him off when he made the vital assist for Slav's goal.  So, I thought Slave knows best.  But, he did really struggle today both before and after that assist.  He was very much the weak link in the midfield, but I thought we lacked energy and confidence all over the pitch.  Ironically, I think a lot of that started with Bettinelli, who made fantastic saves but was slow to release the ball and, because of that ended up having to play Coleman-style hoof-ball. He just did not want to play our usual game, maybe because he sensed that his defenders didn't either because of Brentford's high-pressing game.  Who knows, but Slav now has to start managing for the play-offs.
Nogood "tired, isit" Boyo

Riversider

On the way home we were discussing Johansen,  one of the comments was "did you notice that his second touch was 8 foot away from his first touch"
Thought that summed up his day pretty well , he's had a great season and a very poor day.

zander

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 15, 2018, 12:52:42 AM
There were a few poor performers today unfortunately, not just Johansen. Most of Brentford's first half chances were down to mistakes from Fulham players.

Probably not the time to knock anyone in particular as we've been on such a good run, (21 games undefeated has got to be a championship record???), and everyone loses form at some point. Unbelievable we've kept it going so long.

Agree completely.

I think Reading hold the unbeaten record at 33 games in their 05/06 promotion.

the nutflush

He has been very flippant with his passing lately.  Looked tired and was surprised he wasn't subbed earlier.  Looks like he needs a good rest.  Has played a lot of football lately with internationals as well.  My concern is that we are going out with pretty much the same eleven every week.  They must be getting close to hitting the wall. 

toshes mate

I wouldn't isolate any players from criticism yesterday, and find it pretty mean to try.  But once again we managed to get into a winning position whilst not playing particularly well and then failing to concentrate effort on a second goal and trying, instead, to defend a lead playing deeper and deeper in our own half.  As a result we were rightly punished before the end. 

Hopefully Ayite will be fit for Friday because we are missing him although I did think Kebano looked dangerous before he was subbed.  But is was poor passing that let us down because Brentford seemed more up for the game. 

bucksfulham

I think that with no midweek game,  they should spend a few days in the sun to ready themselves for  Millwall on Friday.

ffc73

Quote from: toshes mate on April 15, 2018, 08:42:45 AM
I wouldn't isolate any players from criticism yesterday, and find it pretty mean to try.  But once again we managed to get into a winning position whilst not playing particularly well and then failing to concentrate effort on a second goal and trying, instead, to defend a lead playing deeper and deeper in our own half.  As a result we were rightly punished before the end.   

This is what irks me the most.  After going 1-0 up, against the run of play, we had our best spell.  We looked more likely to get the second goal.  We then took our foot off the pedal, dropped deeper and invited them back into the game.  I would much prefer us going for the killer second and getting punished on the counter than handing them the initiative like we deed.

Facts Not Fiction

It was Johansen coming off that made us worse. His pressure high up the field was badly missed.

Norwood was shocking. There was no effort at all from him.

ffc73

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 15, 2018, 09:34:02 AM
It was Johansen coming off that made us worse. His pressure high up the field was badly missed.

Norwood was shocking. There was no effort at all from him.

I would have put Fonte on for Johanson.  I know he is marmite on here but I think he could do the running and closing down in forward positions aka Stef Jo.  The alternative is Norwood who lays deeper and invites teams on to us. 

One Martin Thomas

We look lopsided with Piazon in the team.

Lighthouse

He has looked very leggy for some time. Needed a break. Which is why I question the decisions made by our coach sometimes. But Johansen on his day is and has been so important to us this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Carborundum

He's our terrier.  We need one and we have no other.  Thought he was fine yesterday, but exhausted because Brentford gave our midfield no breather.  KMac was practically a centre back at times, leaving acres to be covered.

He would walk into any team in the Championship, with the exception of Wolves who are in the Premier next year.

We got completely muddled over who goes where at the end of the game, which isn't something that can be pinned on him, Piazon or indeed Kebano.

Twig

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on April 15, 2018, 05:12:48 PM
We look lopsided with Piazon in the team.

Exactly. I agree with you. Piazon is not a bad player but he doesn't fit our shape. He drifts inside, doesnA't link up effectively with Fred and fails to offer Him the options that Ayite does. For me Kebano is a better replacement but clearly SJ thinks otherwise.

colinwhite

If Stefan Johansen is the weakest link then we must have a fantastic side!!!

KJS

Quote from: colinwhite on April 16, 2018, 04:27:15 PM

Agree  :54: some people just have to moan about something, the players have performed week in week out since December, so an off day is always just around the corner, we need to be positive about FFC because they have done us proud this season just get behind them don't criticize just for the sake of it  049:gif

horse1031

my favorite player on the team

he can have bad days just like anyone else but he can run forever and he has some flare.  Plus i like a little bit of spirit

grandad

Sess has had a few off games . Why don´t those who slagged Johansen off have a dig at him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Quote from: colinwhite on April 16, 2018, 04:27:15 PM
spot on.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.