watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Analysing their goal

Started by Milo, April 15, 2018, 11:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Convinced myself to watch highlights this morning. Was that final goal Fredericks or Slavisa's error?

Christie and Fredericks were at the time forming a back 5. Christie was marking their winger. Fredericks was too busy barking orders at Christie and watching who Christie was marking to pick up on the goal scorer simply drifting in behind him unmarked to the back post.

I also noted Fredericks was frequently the last man ball watching on tight offside decisions .. almost playing their striker onside and completely behind the other defenders.

The question is - was it just Freds having a bad game (fair enough as he's been instrumental in our 21 game unbeaten run) or Slavisa bringing on the 2nd right back that brought about the confusion?

Link to Sky Highlights: http://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-brentford/report/375126

HV71

Why , why do we always have to find someone to blame ? It drives me bonkers !!! It's fair enough when analysis reveals problems over a number of games but for God's sake we are unbeaten in 21 - have become overall better at game management since last season and have a quality team and coach. Yet we still want to attribute blame .

It's pathetic

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Milo on April 15, 2018, 11:02:18 AM
Convinced myself to watch highlights this morning. Was that final goal Fredericks or Slavisa's fault?

Christie and Fredericks were at the time forming a back 5. Christie was marking their winger. Fredericks was too busy barking orders at Christie and watching who Christie was marking to pick up on the goal scorer simply drifting in behind him unmarked to the back post.

I also noted Fredericks was frequently the last man ball watching on tight offside decisions .. almost playing their striker onside and completely behind the other defenders.

The question is - was it just Freds having a bad game (fair enough as he's been instrumental in our 21 game unbeaten run) or Slavisa bringing on the 2nd right back that brought about the confusion?

Was it Fredericks or Slavisa's fault?

Link to Sky Highlights: http://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-brentford/report/375126

It was a poor sub for Jokanovic bringing Christie on. His decision to not hold the ball in the corner cost us.

toshes mate

Quote from: HV71 on April 15, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
Why , why do we always have to find someone to blame ? It drives me bonkers !!! It's fair enough when analysis reveals problems over a number of games but for God's sake we are unbeaten in 21 - have become overall better at game management since last season and have a quality team and coach. Yet we still want to attribute blame .

It's pathetic
Well said.  The game finished yesterday evening and no amount of blame is going to change anything.

Milo

The OP clearly suggests Fredericks has been instrumental all season and this isn't a witch hunt in the slightest!

It is just an intellectual debate over the defining feature of the game. That way we know where we can improve next time. Help us decide which subs to bring on when we find ourselves in this position in the playoffs or indeed vs Birmingham when we need the 3 points for automatic promotion.

filham

Forget their goal, the more important question is why did we not score a second goal. If you are going to limit your scoring to a goal a match at home you are not going to gain promotion.

Robbie

Watching the highlights, we stood off the Brentford player making the cross.
If we had closed him down, we would have won.

toshes mate

Quote from: Milo on April 15, 2018, 11:42:47 AM
The OP clearly suggests Fredericks has been instrumental all season and this isn't a witch hunt in the slightest!

It is just an intellectual debate over the defining feature of the game. That way we know where we can improve next time. Help us decide which subs to bring on when we find ourselves in this position in the playoffs or indeed vs Birmingham when we need the 3 points for automatic promotion.

Oh so SJ consults you and others, or 'we' as your comment calls it, before he decides tactics, subs, or needs some intellectual debate?  Thanks for clarifying that.

Milo

Quote from: toshes mate on April 15, 2018, 02:40:07 PM
Quote from: Milo on April 15, 2018, 11:42:47 AM

Oh so SJ consults you and others, or 'we' as your comment calls it, before he decides tactics, subs, or needs some intellectual debate?  Thanks for clarifying that.

What a stupid thing to say.

This entire forum is discussing things we have little or no control over.

Milo

There is little point anyway in falling out over this.

I agree we shouldn't be over critical of our players based on one draw. Yet this is hardly the most critical thread posted over the last 24 hours anyway! So not sure why I'm getting the brunt of it.

However realistically the team will be analysing what went wrong with the goal and ways we can hold on to slim leads in the final stages of games in order to prepare for the playoffs etc. I don't see the harm in us discussing it too!

Woolly Mammoth

We are now the Hunter, and Warlock won't like that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Quote from: Milo on April 15, 2018, 03:13:40 PM
There is little point anyway in falling out over this.

I agree we shouldn't be over critical of our players based on one draw. Yet this is hardly the most critical thread posted over the last 24 hours anyway! So not sure why I'm getting the brunt of it.

However realistically the team will be analysing what went wrong with the goal and ways we can hold on to slim leads in the final stages of games in order to prepare for the playoffs etc. I don't see the harm in us discussing it too!

apologies Milo - you got the brunt of it - I just cannot cope with the overall negativity we get on here when we don't win . We criticise other fans from other clubs when they think they have a divine right to win and yet we regularly jump in criticising players and the coach when things go wrong. We didn't even lose on this occasion so I just let rip . Of course we should be able to criticise and debate things but I think after 21 games unbeaten it's best just to let things go... they deserve nothing but praisr

colinwhite

Fredricks lost his man and stood still ball watching. He has become much better at defending the far post in recent times so this was a rare lapse.irrespective of what other players or coaches do you NEVER allow your player to run into your own box on his own if you are marking him.He had his man and let him go. He and we have to move own.

Carborundum

Quote from: Robbie on April 15, 2018, 11:56:13 AM
Watching the highlights, we stood off the Brentford player making the cross.
If we had closed him down, we would have won.
This.  We had an overload advantage that side of the pitch and should have closed things down before the cross.

thebumponleroyshead

Without Mitro's quick snapshot off the post we'd be a lot sicker. But I suppose it was all about the 3 points due to our cack start. It is what it is, no point going through a tight derby, focus on Wall, that's what Joka and the lads are doing.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: thebumponleroyshead on April 15, 2018, 06:55:50 PM
Without Mitro's quick snapshot off the post we'd be a lot sicker. But I suppose it was all about the 3 points due to our cack start. It is what it is, no point going through a tight derby, focus on Wall, that's what Joka and the lads are doing.

Not forgetting to focus on Mill as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stevieboy

And......technically the header back was from an offside position. Tight but they've often been given.
Hey ho, onwards and upward !!!!!!!