watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Golden Lion (Saturday) - rant!

Started by David I, April 15, 2018, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David I

First we had to queue outside for 10 minutes when the main bar was a quarter full at best.
Then after a few rounds ended up arguing with a barmaid behind the bar as she served wrong drinks and expected me to pay for her mistake as she couldn't work the til "you had those drinks earlier with coke" and "ive rung the drinks in now' you gotta pay"

All came about as I had ordered several drinks plus two double vodkas...

She came back with plastic pint glasses three quarter full of coke.. What's that I asked.
Vodka and coke....
No - I just wanted double vodkas..  Also why would anyone want nearly a pint of coke with their Vodka.
Then insued her insistence that I should pay.... for drinks I didn't want.

Got there in the end from a little assistance for a colleague that knows how to work in a bar.

But FFS, if you can't be polite and get the drinks right maybe it's not the right career for you.

BestOfBrede

Anyone that visits that establishment should expect nothing else!
Hope you didn't require the toilet!

Jimsbeerbelly

To be fair, the new manger (can't remember his name) is an absolute improvement on the past managers there, as he actually gives a damn about the fans for once. Millwall fan I think, so Friday will be interesting. The queues on Matchday, especially derbys, is because he and his door staff actually take more time to do thorough checks on people coming in, you will notice, there's hardly any away fans now, strictly Fulham.

Also, he's been spending months, trying to push through a 15k grant from the brewery, to upgrade both the men and women's toilets, as he knows how much of a hindrance they are.

As for the bar staff, it's the same where ever you go, and you'll always be a sucker to a newby.

David I

To be fair, in all the years I've gone in to the Lion (on and off) I've never experienced this.. And usually outside of the lion .. If anything like that happens most hold hands up and appologise.. I can without a doubt say thus was the WORST service ever, ever.... Service.

Hence why I've posted on the website.

Funniest thing. I went in there after the game and she ignored me.... staff like this cost companies business.
Next time we meet we will consider wasting our hard earned elsewhere.

Riversider

If it's still open next season in it's current form I will be amazed, once those properties across the road are occupied they are going to want some poncey gastro pub and not The Golden Lion,
It's days are very much numbered.

Jonaldiniho 88

Golden lion is my pub of choice. It's not great but I don't want it to be. Everything in the pub is a joke but it's full of Fulham fans. Should I go to a different pub? Why?

Riversider

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on April 16, 2018, 01:19:06 AM
Golden lion is my pub of choice. It's not great but I don't want it to be. Everything in the pub is a joke but it's full of Fulham fans. Should I go to a different pub? Why?

And for all those reasons it's days are numbered .

hovewhite

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

spoonffc

You'll miss It when it's gone, it's home to Fulham fans that can't pay £6 a pint- it is what it is, get on with it- many good memories in there

Bore off the moan, I've had mix ups in many establishments

RaySmith

Quote from: spoonffc on April 16, 2018, 05:06:04 AM
You'll miss It when it's gone, it's home to Fulham fans that can't pay £6 a pint- it is what it is, get on with it- many good memories in there

0001.jpeg

hovewhite

Quote from: RaySmith on April 16, 2018, 06:22:05 AM

0001.jpeg
Quote from: RaySmith on April 16, 2018, 06:22:05 AM

0001.jpeg
a pub like no other.
One I would miss if not there atmosphere is good and affordable prices.

FulhamStu

Good pint, excellent prices and my mates go there, however I travelled 5 hours to the game from Shropshire on Saturday and had to que when it was hardly packed out...still enjoyed it though before and after the game.

KJS

I am amazed so many people still use The Golden Lion! I know its cheap but it is also a toilet with the most miserable and un helpful staff in Putney!!

_Putney_

I like the fact that it's an old pub... not an annoying posh gastropub... but my god, the staff there are clueless.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Since when has the Golden Lion been in Putney??

KJS

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 16, 2018, 05:07:00 PM
Since when has the Golden Lion been in Putney??

075.gif But they may as well be for all the use they are#!

hovewhite