watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR Brentford & Milwall

Started by Andy S, April 15, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

A few months back I suggested that the local derby games would be banana skin games. The first two have shown this to be true. Against QPR and Brentford we didn't lose although a point in each is less than we had hoped for. The third game comes up in a week and the pessimists are saying we will lose that one but using the same theory as previously we could just as easily win that one. The fact that we haven't won the two previous games is very reassuring to me as it shows that there is no "Old pals act" in football where everyone doesn't try their utmost in every game. I am delighted to have hard matches up to the end as this is exactly what we need going in to the play offs. The good thing for us is that there is unlikely to be any other London clubs on show as long as we beat Milwall

Lighthouse

We also met QPR and Brentford when they had an upturn in form. Millwall are having a stonking season of late. It really is less about a local derby then it is about when we meet teams.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hopper

Can you imagine us getting Brentford in the playoffs - doesn't bare thinking about.

Southdowns White

I honestly believe Fulham FC do not realise how much it means to Brentford FC in getting a result against us, especially at our ground. 20 something years since we beat them at home, They always give everything. I think we just thought we could stop playing football and hang on, we did this a lot over the last few seasons but have improved this season, except on Saturday.

toshes mate

I think home local derbies are not one of Fulham's fortes and we tend to demonstrate in the first several minutes of such a game who has turned up for us.  On Saturday we seemed mentally weak especially after having taken the lead against the run of play.  Hopefully the lads will show a different side to us on Friday. 

KJS

Quote from: hopper on April 16, 2018, 12:06:44 AM
Can you imagine us getting Brentford in the playoffs - doesn't bare thinking about.

We would be fine as the saying Fulhamish would kick in and we'd stuff them  049:gif

filham

Quote from: KJS on April 16, 2018, 06:19:02 PM

We would be fine as the saying Fulhamish would kick in and we'd stuff them  049:gif
Just let the imagination run wild and think about Milwall followed by Brentford in the Play Offs.

davew

Quote from: toshes mate on April 16, 2018, 10:23:14 AM
I think home local derbies are not one of Fulham's fortes and we tend to demonstrate in the first several minutes of such a game who has turned up for us.  On Saturday we seemed mentally weak especially after having taken the lead against the run of play.  Hopefully the lads will show a different side to us on Friday. 
Playing the matches shown on Sky also doesn't seem to help and we have 2 more to look forward to excluding the play offs.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: filham on April 16, 2018, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: KJS on April 16, 2018, 06:19:02 PM

Just let the imagination run wild and think about Milwall followed by Brentford in the Play Offs.

A nightmare scenario, could cause me to have a drink problem (lol)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)