watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playoff Opposition....

Started by LVBPTS, April 16, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

I know that KJS!!! Stevieboy's comment suggested that whoever we might play in the play offs we have beaten them already, well we haven't beaten Brentford (sadly) and they are still very much in the play offs! Hope that explains my comment m8?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Riversider on April 16, 2018, 05:23:48 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2018, 03:56:41 PM
All this talk about peaking is vastly exaggerated.
Villa have already peaked haven't they, as have Borough and Bristol City and Sheffield Utd.
Derby County and PNE don't know how to peak, as for Millwall and Brentford, when push comes to shove we will beat them over two legs, one leg or even three legs. We should be no more leggy than anyone else, the adrenaline will take us over the line.
So there you are it's all covered nothing to worry about. Relax and have a beer.

Can't agree with your view on Villa I think they are simmering away just in time for the play offs , Kodjia has only just returned for them and is a vital player to their cause, Grealish missed a large part of the season  and is on fire at the moment  and playing out of his skin,
You can almost certainly say that Hutton, Terry, Jedinak and Snodgrass wouldn't freeze at Wembley , then throw in Adomah,  Grabban and El Mohamady and they've got the full package and Tuanzebe is the best opposition player that I've seen this season,
Add in Steve Bruce who has been there, seen it and done it, and not forgetting at least 40,000 vocal supporters (that don't need clappers) and you can start to see why I was pig sick on Saturday when Cardiff won and Brentford scored !
I have no faith in us in the play offs, if anybody can make us strong a case for us as I've just made for Aston Villa please feel free to step forward and make an uplifting case to raise my spirits, our performances have been in decline since the 46th minute of the QPR game it's now vital we get that zest and sparkle back, but how ?

I think you are right, we should just throw in the towel! Your negative comment far exceeds many of my 7.5k + on here, best advice I can provide you with is take up golf and drink Gordons Gin!!

Riversider

As I said Dave if you can make an equally strong case for us at the moment then the floor is yours.

Milo

The super computer that seems to be predicting Championship scores rather than, say, curing cancer etc had always backed us to take 2nd with 91 points. So in that regard, nothing has changed!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Despite last year, I think we're good enough to beat any team over 2 legs.
The final is the lottery, as are every one-off cup games.

It's a bit like "which Fulham team will turn up"  I'm afraid
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Fulhamfan666

Anyone know whether 6th against 3rd Will be played first, or 4th against 5th? Need to know so i can ask the day off work.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: davew on April 16, 2018, 07:32:57 PM
Quote from: Stevieboy on April 16, 2018, 05:39:40 PM
3 games against teams we have beaten and quite frankly are better than.

When did we beat Brentford, I must have missed that match?
I know you'd like to kid us you are still a sixteen year old all over, but ....  However it does seem like the last time we beat Brentford at the Cottage it was in another, probably parallel, universe.

I prefer Woolly's 'Que Sera', relaxed, and thoughtful outlook.  One game at a time has got us where we are.  The final placings of teams from first down to eleventh have still to be decided in almost 3.500 hours of Championship football.  There are a whole heap of goals, yellow and red cards, justices and injustices, injuries great and small, smiles to be smiled, cheers to be cheered and tears to be shed before we know the final destinations of the teams who have helped make this season a very memorable one for FFC.   

filham

Brentford could still finish 6th in the table and we could well finish 3rd, I don't want two re runs of last Saturday's match with more late Brentford goals.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2018, 06:01:19 PM
Villa have already peaked haven't they, as have Borough and Bristol City and Sheffield Utd.
Derby County and PNE don't know how to peak, as for Millwall and Brentford, when push comes to shove we will beat them over two legs, one leg or even three legs. We should be no more leggy than anyone else, the adrenaline will take us over the line.
So there you are it's all covered nothing to worry about. Relax and have a beer.

Can't agree with your view on Villa I think they are simmering away just in time for the play offs , Kodjia has only just returned for them and is a vital player to their cause, Grealish missed a large part of the season  and is on fire at the moment  and playing out of his skin,
You can almost certainly say that Hutton, Terry, Jedinak and Snodgrass wouldn't freeze at Wembley , then throw in Adomah,  Grabban and El Mohamady and they've got the full package and Tuanzebe is the best opposition player that I've seen this season,
Add in Steve Bruce who has been there, seen it and done it, and not forgetting at least 40,000 vocal supporters (that don't need clappers) and you can start to see why I was pig sick on Saturday when Cardiff won and Brentford scored !
I have no faith in us in the play offs, if anybody can make us strong a case for us as I've just made for Aston Villa please feel free to step forward and make an uplifting case to raise my spirits, our performances have been in decline since the 46th minute of the QPR game it's now vital we get that zest and sparkle back, but how ?

You have made me feel depressed again, just as I was recovering from the last minute goal on Saturday evening.

"Grealish missed a large part of the season  and is on fire at the moment"

Quite why I should be worried about a player with stats such as 3 goals in 24 (17 starts) is beyond me. Leicester want to spend 20m on him if Villa aren't promoted. WTF?

"Kodjia has only just returned for them and is a vital player to their cause"

What Mr '1 goal from 13' Kodjia? Terrifying. Could you imagine Villa being scared of Fonte? That's the kind of thing we are suggesting here.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on April 17, 2018, 11:27:30 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2018, 06:01:19 PM

You have made me feel depressed again, just as I was recovering from the last minute goal on Saturday evening.

"Grealish missed a large part of the season  and is on fire at the moment"

Quite why I should be worried about a player with stats such as 3 goals in 24 (17 starts) is beyond me. Leicester want to spend 20m on him if Villa aren't promoted. WTF?

"Kodjia has only just returned for them and is a vital player to their cause"

What Mr '1 goal from 13' Kodjia? Terrifying. Could you imagine Villa being scared of Fonte? That's the kind of thing we are suggesting here.

Hmmm you make some valid points, and then you mentioned Fonte and all my positives turned back to negatives, just like an Eveready Battery.
But can you picture the scenario of Fonte on a one on one with the Villa keeper at Wembley with seconds to go, and with the ease of a Ballet Dancer wrong foots the keeper to send us all into the promised land.
Now that would be written into Fulham Folk Law. ⚽️⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Woolly I couldn't imagine that at all, even if I was hallucinating!

Milo

Grealish stand out Villa player for me in recent games. He's their equivalent of Johansen but probably in better form.