Main Menu

Can anybody make a realistic case for 2nd ? 🤔

Started by Riversider, February 19, 2018, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXWhite

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 17, 2018, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: corbs83 on April 17, 2018, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: grandad on April 17, 2018, 02:13:25 PM
It all boils down to Derby beating Cardiff. We have no leeway but to win the last 3 games. We then need Cardiff to either lose 1 more game or at most draw 1. Auto would be us on GD.

I still believe.

as i said just before, the onus is on Cardiff to WIN games, two draws coupled with us winning 3 sees us ahead of them on goal difference. i do see Hull winning and then we need them to drop one point elsewhere (obviously they cant drop just one point) and then lets see how their nerve holds. if they do it, hats off to them and they are where they deserve to be after 46 games

I don't get why you are so confident Hull will beat or at least draw with them?

Hull have come into really good form recently. Abel Hernandez is back for them, and he's a dangerous striker. After going 21 games unbeaten, it's easy to forget that this is the Championship. There are no "easy games." Remember Blackburn/Wolves last year around this time of the season?

In terms of Cardiff's run-in:

Forest: Karanka is no slouch tactically (and is also very good mates with Slav)
Derby: Rowett will hopefully have rallied the troops now that Derby have hit rock bottom and are the hunter for the first time in months
Hull: already spoken about them
Reading: May need a draw to stay up

Still possible. We just need to win our games before we even think about Cardiff. Luckily our kick-off times (2 Friday games) mean that we have the oppo to really put Cardiff under pressure.

Woolly Mammoth

I
Quote from: Riversider on April 17, 2018, 02:58:26 PM
It all boils down to Derby beating Cardiff. We have no leeway but to win the last 3 games. We then need Cardiff to either lose 1 more game or at most draw 1. Auto would be us on GD.

I still believe.

Is ìt not more likely that we will drop points against Millwall rather than Cardiff dropping points against a very poor Derby County ?

I firmly believe we will win at Millwall on Friday, bringing all three points home with a sublime performance, or I am not a Hairy Elephant.
You only need to browse through the evidence to understand and embrace this fact, that apart from unbelievable circumstances beyond our control, Fulham FC will beat them on their own patch to burst their bubble, and leave them pondering their next move to end up in the top six, which looking at the League Table is a Dogs breakfast with every team down to 11th position fighting over the spoils, no prisoners taken, survival of the fittest.
For Fulham FC. " It's Not One Step Back ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: TXWhite on April 17, 2018, 03:56:28 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on April 17, 2018, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: corbs83 on April 17, 2018, 02:26:36 PM

I still believe.

as i said just before, the onus is on Cardiff to WIN games, two draws coupled with us winning 3 sees us ahead of them on goal difference. i do see Hull winning and then we need them to drop one point elsewhere (obviously they cant drop just one point) and then lets see how their nerve holds. if they do it, hats off to them and they are where they deserve to be after 46 games

I don't get why you are so confident Hull will beat or at least draw with them?

Hull have come into really good form recently. Abel Hernandez is back for them, and he's a dangerous striker. After going 21 games unbeaten, it's easy to forget that this is the Championship. There are no "easy games." Remember Blackburn/Wolves last year around this time of the season?

In terms of Cardiff's run-in:

Forest: Karanka is no slouch tactically (and is also very good mates with Slav)
Derby: Rowett will hopefully have rallied the troops now that Derby have hit rock bottom and are the hunter for the first time in months
Hull: already spoken about them
Reading: May need a draw to stay up

Still possible. We just need to win our games before we even think about Cardiff. Luckily our kick-off times (2 Friday games) mean that we have the oppo to really put Cardiff under pressure.

Of course we have to win our games. But Cardiff I am sure will drop points v Derby and Hull.
Cardiff have already got one flat tyre, dropping points in these two matches, will signify and be instrumental in Cardiff's wheels coming off, and leaving Warlock to walk home trying to thumb a lift, but nobody is going to offer him one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

If we can we get 9 points from the last three games ( not impossible) and Cardiff only get eight points from 4 games (two wins and two draws) then we are up.
The hard fact is that while the odds may be against us with three games left we are still in with a chance of automatic promotion, who would have thought that at Christmas.
Fail in the automatic promotion bid and we then enter the play offs with as good a chance as any of the other three teams, we would all have settled for that at Christmas.