watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last Chance Saloon - Millwall

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 16, 2018, 12:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Having calmed down a bit from Saturday, and looking at things a bit more clearly, Millwall this Friday, is really our last chance saloon, if we're to even attempt overthrowing Cardiff for 2nd place. A draw will not be good enough, we're going to have to go into the Lion's den, and come away with all 3 points.

With that in mind, Millwall have been on a great run, 16 unbeaten now? and they've toppled some good sides along the way. Wouldn't say their style of play is fantastic, however, their togetherness, mental strength, and desire to win, has been 2nd to none under Neil Harris.

I've spent the last couple of days looking at Millwall, their squad, their tactics, and how they're likely to play against us, and unfortunately, they're one of those side's who will cause us trouble.

Like Cardiff, they will lump balls into the box, aimed at big lumps like Steve Morison, even Hutchinson, with a physical approach, trying to ruff up the centre backs. They will push us high, and they will look for quick balls out attacking the flanks at speed.

Millwall are not an overly technical side, but, their approach is working, along with a strong mindset.

It doesn't matter how you look at things, we definitely have the better squad, better players, and play the much better type of football, and on our day, we should be beating Millwall.

However, it's on the TV again, pretty sure Sky have done this knowing we'd wobble in the derby's, it's at the Den, and the later end of the season, where legs are tired, but tails are up.

I can sit here all day trying to come up with theories, but, bottom line is, we need to come away with 3pts. The whole Team, including Captain Cairney, need to play out their skins, and put on the performance of the season.

Once again, those players who feel they should be applying their trade in the Premiership next season, lets see how much they want it. 

Twig

I am sure every single one of them wants premiership football with a passion Jim. No need to question it.  Can we win away at Millwall? It will be tough and depends a lot on whether our midfield recover a bit more zip but you can rest assured they will be trying their level best.

Robbie

Millwall are under more pressure than us as we are confirmed in the POs and they are not.

They have to come at us, and they will do this aggressively in the first 20 minutes.

I hope by Friday our boys will be a bit rested and ready to go.

Question is, do we risk Christie to start at the back??

KJS

JBB: I cannot believe that you are questioning the teams ability, your comment "Once again, those players who feel they should be applying their trade in the Premiership next season, lets see how much they want it.  "
is pretty insulting to them and also the coach!

I have seen nothing but total effort from them in an attempt to get to the Premier League automatically and the run of 21 games unbeaten backs this up.

The championship is a tough place to play and especially at this stage of the season nearly 70% of sides have something to play for and they like us don't roll over for anyone.

Back the boys until the final whistle of the final game of the season and see what happens and if we don't make automatic promotion then we go again in the play offs and this year we will have the 2nd leg at home so us fans will have to give them our all in support to help in what ever way we can.

COYW  049:gif

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: KJS on April 16, 2018, 02:58:31 PM
JBB: I cannot believe that you are questioning the teams ability, your comment "Once again, those players who feel they should be applying their trade in the Premiership next season, lets see how much they want it.  "

I have seen nothing but total effort from them in an attempt to get to the Premier League automatically and the run of 21 games unbeaten backs this up.

The championship is a tough place to play and especially at this stage of the season nearly 70% of sides have something to play for and they like us don't roll over for anyone.

Back the boys until the final whistle of the final game of the season and see what happens and if we don't make automatic promotion then we go again in the play offs and this year we will have the 2nd leg at home so us fans will have to give them our all in support to help in what ever way we can.

KJS, please, just stop. Stop highlighting things in bold, to attract attention, and stop trying to make things out, which they're not. It's childish, and typical Forum antics of a 5 year old.

I wasn't questioning the teams ability, and I wasn't being insulting, I was merely saying that come Millwall, let's really see how much they want it.

If they do, they will play like their lives depend on it.

RaySmith

I've never doubted this team's commitment to the cause, but this will be a tough game, but I know they'll give their all. They were gutted not to win last Saturday.

But being pretty certain to have play-off place gives us a safety net, at least, although we'd obviously far prefer automatic.

One game at a time.

Woolly Mammoth

The pressure is all on Millwall now.  Being away will suit us far better, and all being well on the day, we will score more goals. Jok may even have a trick or two up his sleave.
But even if he hasn't, man for man we have better players. Our players just need to win their own battles.
Plus if we run faster, further and longer than them, then our technique and system of play should see us through with another away victory.
As long as we start off on the front foot and play to our tempo.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on April 16, 2018, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: KJS on April 16, 2018, 02:58:31 PM

KJS, please, just stop. Stop highlighting things in bold, to attract attention, and stop trying to make things out, which they're not. It's childish, and typical Forum antics of a 5 year old.

I wasn't questioning the teams ability, and I wasn't being insulting, I was merely saying that come Millwall, let's really see how much they want it.

If they do, they will play like their lives depend on it.

It was highlighted in Bold as it was a quote from you which I was replying to

hovewhite

Think,milwall deserve to be where they are.Harris really good manager,with more freedom than slav,trust of his owners of the club.
A traditional club.Old school this is my opinion 
Do I think we will win,🤣yes.
Do we get automatic 😚not sure.

filham

We have beaten better teams than Millwall this season ( Wolves) but have lost to worse teams ( Burton). The game can go either way but we will have to perform better than we did against other local rivals QPR and Brentford.

G_Gribby

I was reading the statistics from Millwall vs Bristol and as I remember had Bristol roughly 70% positions but did not had that many shots on target. Millwall was the compleet the opposite and won 2-0.

:023:
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

JOND999

we can't lose two Derbys in a row.  that's the bottom line.  COYW

MJG

Quote from: JOND999 on April 17, 2018, 06:34:06 PM
we can lose two Derbys in a row.  that's the bottom line.  COYW
when was the first loss?
Just the views of a long term fan

davew

Quote from: MJG on April 17, 2018, 08:22:02 PM
when was the first loss?
He is not very good at remembering things, perhaps like me he thinks we should have lost the last 1.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andy S

I admire your optimism but we will not get automatic promotion without Cardiff totally capitulating whatever we do against milwall. So relax and enjoy the game and save your energy for the play offs

filham

Quote from: davew on April 17, 2018, 09:11:01 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 17, 2018, 08:22:02 PM
when was the first loss?
He is not very good at remembering things, perhaps like me he thinks we should have lost the last 1.
That draw with the 94th minute equaliser just felt like we had lost, in fact we only lost two points and so did Brentford.

davew

Filham, yes it did feel like we lost, both teams as you say lost 2 points, which team are going to regret it most? I suspect it will be us!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bog

Promotion is all down the team that can deliver when a win is needed most. We have too impose our style of play but if unable to do so really battle for the win. COYW!   :clap_hands:

092.gif 

colinwhite

Lots of people seem to mistake being under intense pressure with not being motivated or up for it. The symptoms make look the same but the cause is very different.
We are going to beat Millwall ,and if I knew how to highlight that I would !!

filham

Quote from: G_Gribby on April 17, 2018, 06:27:13 PM
I was reading the statistics from Millwall vs Bristol and as I remember had Bristol roughly 70% positions but did not had that many shots on target. Millwall was the compleet the opposite and won 2-0.

:023:

This possession stat really is no indication of team performance and should be dropped. A stat showing the time spent in the opponents final third would be more indicative of supremacy.