News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll on number of tickets for final to ST holders.

Started by MJG, April 18, 2018, 10:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q:How many tickets for a playoff final should ST holders be allowed to purchase? Note there are around 10k ST holders

3 (4.1%)
44 (59.5%)
7 (9.5%)
20 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: April 19, 2018, 10:30:43 AM

Riversider

Quote from: Arthur on April 19, 2018, 05:46:59 PM
If we want to sell anywhere near 38 000 tickets, we need to allow four-per-season-ticket holder.

If we only permit two tickets (as the poll favours heavily), I speculate that, of our 10 000 season-ticket holders:

250 won't buy a ticket at all.

2000 will buy just one ticket.

7750 will buy two

Total number of tickets sold: 17 500

Why would we try to sell more than half of our allocation - 20 500 tickets - to Members (some of whom, of course, will already have a ticket - purchased for them by a season-ticket holder)? The take-up simply won't be there.

By selling 2 per sth,  you are going to create a situation whereby the club goes back to sth and asks, would you like to buy more tickets ? , the problem being that these second batch of tickets will be in a different part of the stadium from where you've already bought your initial tickets, not ideal for family and friends is it !

HV71

My wife and I are season ticket holders - why on earth should we be granted more than two tickets each? Friends and family ?  - they should not take priority over genuine fans who either
1 Cannot afford the capital outlay to be season ticket holders OR
2 can't get to every game because of circumstances

Sadly we can't get to the final should the team get there ( we are overseas for a family commitment) but I have already offered my allocation to a FOF poster who was worried about getting tickets should the situation arise ( I hope it doesn't come to this as I will be gutted )

Riversider

Quote from: HV71 on April 19, 2018, 08:45:50 PM
My wife and I are season ticket holders - why on earth should we be granted more than two tickets each? Friends and family ?  - they should not take priority over genuine fans who either
1 Cannot afford the capital outlay to be season ticket holders OR
2 can't get to every game because of circumstances

Sadly we can't get to the final should the team get there ( we are overseas for a family commitment) but I have already offered my allocation to a FOF poster who was worried about getting tickets should the situation arise ( I hope it doesn't come to this as I will be gutted )

Were going round in circles here, all members and season ticket holders will get Wembley tickets (If we get there)
So who are these "genuine" supporters that you are concerned about ?
I assume that none of them know any members or season ticket holders.

Shredhead

Quote from: ffcne on April 18, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
Quote from: brightster on April 18, 2018, 11:47:12 AM
I think 4 each for season ticket holders is about right. I think we get something like 45,000 for the final, it wasn't a problem when we last went to Wembley or Hamburg so can't see why it will be now.
It was a problem . As season ticket holders scooped the lot up and  there was nothing
left for members or even some other genuine fans .
Had to get mine off a Liverpool fan who had one thinking they were going.
You cant tell me all season ticket holders gave them to genuine fans .Know a lot who
gave them to mates for a jolly up in Hamburg.
2 is fair.
This.
I had membership, had been to Roma and Hamburg away but couldn't get a final ticket except by paying shedful through a reseller. My mate bought one at face value in the queue at Gatwick!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Riversider

With so many die hard fans coming out of the woods, would be great to see both P1
and P2 packed out with Fulham fans, would be a crying shame if they're not.

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on April 21, 2018, 11:43:48 AM
With so many die hard fans coming out of the woods, would be great to see both P1
and P2 packed out with Fulham fans, would be a crying shame if they're not.

Lol that'l be the day.

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on April 19, 2018, 03:08:22 PM
Quote from: Chesh on April 19, 2018, 02:24:05 PM
I initially said 4, because I would really like to take my two Fulham supporting sons and give my long suffering football widow wife a big family day out in a potentially once in a lifetime event.

However, as long as MJG is correct that my two sons' junior season tickets entitles them to tickets themselves, then I don't think 12 tickets available to me (effectively) is anywhere near right.

2 per person I reckon initially, but expand it if early sales are slow.

My honest opinion is that we would struggle to sell 40,000 anyway - regardless of friends and family...

Which just goes to make the point that I and others have already said, if it's 3 tickets or more (I suggest 3 ) there is no way that every season ticket holder will take up their full allocation, no way whatsoever, 
An initial 3 each ( of which some won't take 3) will still ensure plenty of tickets available for all the Tourists and Glory Hunters.

Precisely my view too.

mrmicawbers

We will sell out our allocation pretty sure of that.Giving I 3 plus to Season ticket holders would resolve a lot of going back to ticket office for more tickets.If I had two spare tickets they would go to Fulham Fans.I could shift 20 to Fulham fans who are not season ticket holders or Members.

DevonFFC

I hope members can still get there hands on tickets, I cannot justify a season ticket living 250 miles away but have done multiple away games. Just hope they don't get swallowed up by season ticket holders for friends of friends

Barrett487

Quote from: ollienixs on April 21, 2018, 02:23:01 PM
I hope members can still get there hands on tickets, I cannot justify a season ticket living 250 miles away but have done multiple away games. Just hope they don't get swallowed up by season ticket holders for friends of friends

I get down very often either, i just hope we can get sorted for tickets for the final if it comes down to it. Depending on how they handle allocation, it could be worth creating a begging thread for STH's  to facilitate the likes of you and i? 1975 was just so brilliant at Wembley and i'd love to be back there to see us, should it happen.