watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, April 19, 2018, 02:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well I hope Jocanovic has got the team's confidence back on track, after the knock it took against Brentford, ready for the task of facing Millwall.

If we are back to normal the team should all but pick its self, just that wide right position to sort out which is confused by those questionable sustitutions last week.

Again I would give the wide right position to Kebano with Kamara standing by as a 6oth minute impact sub if w are in need of a goal.

Milo

Think it'll be same as last week actually starting.

Unfortunately I think there's a chance Kebano will lose his place on the bench as the post match SJ talk suggests he's done something to rub him up the wrong way.

Riversider

Same starting eleven as last Saturday.
Though personally I wouldn't play Piazon.

Milo

Quote from: Riversider on April 19, 2018, 03:14:37 PM
Same starting eleven as last Saturday.
Though personally I wouldn't play Piazon.

Depends how Millwall set up and how much control we have. Piazon is a one-two, intricate passing around the box player. He is useful when their defence has set up shop in their penalty area and Ream and Odoi are sat in their half... when we are probing their penalty area.

Kebano is more for when things just aren't clicking and we need to almost introduce a bit of unpredictability and a cutting edge to the game. Better off the bench than starting historically.

Alternatives given Ayite's injury is to push Cairney up to RW (historically didn't work but this was back when nothing was really clicking). Bring Norwood in to fill Cairneys role.

Another alternative is Fredericks playing right wing and Christie playing right back. Only issue niggling me with this is the debarcle in the last few minutes of the Brentford game. Perhaps with more defined roles this confusion wouldn't happen again.

Carborundum

Milwall are very tall and like the aerial route.  Cyrus Christie at full back and Ryan Fredericks ahead of him gets my support. 

hovewhite

Quote from: Carborundum on April 19, 2018, 03:58:04 PM
Milwall are very tall and like the aerial route.  Cyrus Christie at full back and Ryan Fredericks ahead of him gets my support. 
Christie for Ryan as temperament will matter this game and Ryan needs a breather.Can't see Lebanon starting but if my chioce for right side of would be A,k because he has that hunger also think he has really improved.
But think slab will go piston if white boy fit.

Carborundum

Quote from: hovewhite on April 19, 2018, 04:54:04 PM
But think slab will go piston if white boy fit.
Isnt that a line from Desmond Dekker's Israelites?

twang

Same team except for Kamara instead of Piazon out on the right wing, for me.

grandad

Piazon does not have the physical strength for this match. I would prefer Fredericks RW & Christie RB.
Where there's a will there's a wife

hovewhite

Think also ojo may play on the right in place of piazon.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: hovewhite on April 20, 2018, 08:05:59 AM

Fortunately, he is injured.

Facts Not Fiction

It will be the same again, even though I don't think Piazon has done much recently.

Personally, I'd give Kamara a go out wide.

Facts Not Fiction

Fredericks' shooting is awful. Putting him in goal scoring positions on the RW is a no for me.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 20, 2018, 08:17:54 AM

Fredericks' shooting is awful. Putting him in goal scoring positions on the RW is a no for me.

Tend to agree that Fred is not a RW.  He should stay at RB and either Kebano (my preference) or AK (who would add extra physicality) as RW. 

hovewhite

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on April 20, 2018, 08:08:48 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on April 20, 2018, 08:05:59 AM

Fortunately, he is injured.
I've just read that he is,think we need a proper right side player for tonight that also works back and not Christie  and Ryan in the same team as I feel that combination lost us 2pionts v Brentford.

Woolly Mammoth

Millwall are very tall for their height.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Christie would be a good move tonight for added hieght also think self discipline will be important.