watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Winter break

Started by Andy S, April 19, 2018, 08:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

They are looking at building in a winter break. To facilitate this the FA cup would be played in mid week which in my eyes would water it down. After all how many supporters would travel from Manchester to Plymouth for a cup tie or Rochdale to Southampton?

HV71

Hate the idea - international weekends are already bad enough.

grandad

Totally against it. How many games really get called off these days.Pitches are vastly better now. Who remembers the quagmires that they used to look like. Come April there was hardly a blade of grass to be seen. Now pitches look the same now as at the beginning of the season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Carborundum

Cold, dark, dieting after Christmas, working out how to pay off December's credit card bill.  Yes what will improve this state of affairs is suspending football for a few weeks.  Next stop hessian underpants.

Andy S

I think it is so the big clubs can have a pressure free winter break in the sun playing an exhibition game. Do you remember a few years ago they were talking about playing a big match in a foreign country. It's two fingers up to the real supporters as the armchair supporters can watch a match anywhere in the world for no extra effort

Twig

And it extends the summer season further impinging on other traditional summer sports such as cricket. Rubbish idea.

EastEndWhite

I think it's only for premier league clubs (which hopefully will affect us).

Woolly Mammoth

It's one long holiday for these pampered millionaires.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Shockingly inept of the football authorities to contemplate a winter break on a island group whose weather is as unpredictable in winter as it is for any other season.  This year, for example, we have seen extremely cold weather in March. In many years it occurs as early as October/November and as late as April/May.  For that reason alone the 'break' can have nothing to do with weather interferences.  I'd love some help from those ITK to explain what benefits a 'break' can possibly bring to the table. 

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly, but of course the last issues these bureaucrats consider is common sense and facts.
Or football supporters come to think about it. There is generally a hidden agenda in these matters.

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

Quote from: Andy S on April 19, 2018, 10:21:23 PM
I think it is so the big clubs can have a pressure free winter break in the sun playing an exhibition game. Do you remember a few years ago they were talking about playing a big match in a foreign country. It's two fingers up to the real supporters as the armchair supporters can watch a match anywhere in the world for no extra effort
Exactly, an opportunity for the big boys to play lucrative exhibition matches all over the world, hope this never happens.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

That's the hidden Agenda, exhibition matches.

Never forget your Roots.