watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Things that irritate you but probably shouldn't - Sunderland

Started by SP, April 19, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Always quite liked Sunderland, possibly remembering their cup final victory in the 70s & their impressive stadium.  However, things changed during the final knockings of our stint in the Premiership when we rolled over at home to them.  Can't recall the score but it was bad.  That afternoon, their fans kept up a constant rendition of 'Things can only get better'.  God, I hate that song & losing.  Fast forward a few years & they now face fixtures against Accrington Stanley etc. It'll be good to see Chris & Kit again but I hope we turn them on Friday.

Woolly Mammoth

I am fresh out of mercy with Sunderland, they have struggled and played mediocre football for years, and were lucky to stay in the Premier as long as they did.
Well the boot is on the other foot now. I hope we give them a good hiding.
Even if my wife was their manager, let alone Chris Coleman,  I would still be happy to see them relegated into Division One asap. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

What irritates me is when I just put my feet up to watch a film on Talking Pictures,and the wife says go make her  a cup of tea and cut her a slice of cake.😂

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 20, 2018, 06:48:20 AM
What irritates me is when I just put my feet up to watch a film on Talking Pictures,and the wife says go make her  a cup of tea and cut her a slice of cake.😂

Where are you putting your feet up, I thought you had been confined to the Garden Shed.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham 442

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Talking to a Sunderland Fan at a Call Centre before the season started.He was convinced then they were going to drop again.ßhould have had a bet on it.

res

Quote from: SP on April 19, 2018, 08:56:55 PM
Always quite liked Sunderland, possibly remembering their cup final victory in the 70s & their impressive stadium.  However, things changed during the final knockings of our stint in the Premiership when we rolled over at home to them.  Can't recall the score but it was bad.  That afternoon, their fans kept up a constant rendition of 'Things can only get better'.  God, I hate that song & losing.  Fast forward a few years & they now face fixtures against Accrington Stanley etc. It'll be good to see Chris & Kit again but I hope we turn them on Friday.

We lost, 3-1 I think. Hangeland got a red, his only one for us (and he got very few yellows as well, a great record given the amount of games he played at the heart of the defence)

Willard

Quote from: res on April 20, 2018, 08:41:56 AM
Quote from: SP on April 19, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

We lost, 3-1 I think. Hangeland got a red, his only one for us (and he got very few yellows as well, a great record given the amount of games he played at the heart of the defence)

Yes, we lost 1-3 at home on 5th April 2008. If I remember correctly there was total silence from the Fulham stands after their 3rd goal as we contemplated the drop.

Wolf

OP may be referring to our relegation season when we lost 4-1 home to Sunderland on 11 January 2014. I think they were below us in the table at the time. This match was the first time Wolf Jr #1 said "Can we go home?".
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Willard

Quote from: Wolf on April 20, 2018, 11:29:19 AM
OP may be referring to our relegation season when we lost 4-1 home to Sunderland on 11 January 2014. I think they were below us in the table at the time. This match was the first time Wolf Jr #1 said "Can we go home?".

Wolf - thank you. I'd forgotten that one. Thanks for the reminder...

ffcne

Quote from: Willard on April 20, 2018, 04:36:05 PM

I think Adam Johnson got a hat trick.

SP

Quote from: ffcne on April 20, 2018, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: Willard on April 20, 2018, 04:36:05 PM

I think Adam Johnson got a hat trick.

That's the one, it was probably one of the worst games in the modern era.

VicHalomsLovechild

Colin irritates me. In fact if I had a top ten irritations he would fill 9 of them and the bloke who screams down my road at 6 in the morning on his bloody motorbike would get the other spot.