watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fredericks, interviewed by Emma Jones

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, April 19, 2018, 09:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Asked this player if future at #ffc dependent on them getting promoted. "I'm not sure. People work hard to give you all the options. Every young player wants to play at highest level. Hopefully I can do that with Fulham. If not we've got to sort out what's going to happen"

That says to me he's off, if we don't get promoted. Shame he won't sign an extension, just so we get a bit of money, as I feel FFC are part and parcel of his successes.

Fulham 442

Of course he's off if we don't get promoted.  That's been clear for ages. Might even happen if we do go up!

gang

We rescued him from a personal nightmare at Bristol City, it would be a shame if he didn't take that into consideration before leaving free.

Andy S

There must be plenty of players in the same position so we will just find somebody else. I hadn't heard of Targett  before he arrived here

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Fulham 442 on April 19, 2018, 10:08:48 PM
Of course he's off if we don't get promoted.  That's been clear for ages. Might even happen if we do go up!

Yes, we know that, but why just walk, allowing FFC to get nothing? As above, rescued him from a hole at Bristol City, plus, all that medical support. Has turned down 2 contract offers, at least sign a years extension so we get something.

Twig

He is entitled to be ambitious. He owes us nothing. He puts in a decent shift every week and promotion or not, he has been a major contributor to our season.  Good luck to him whatever he decides to do.

General

I'm of the opinion these days that as a profession and a short career span I don't begrudge any player who gives their all or show the utmost respect to the club whilst they're hereif the club doesn't progress during that time that they move on. Two years in a row in the playoffs should see us in with a chance. Obviously this changes though with far younger players or older players, where there's less need for moving on.

He's played fantastically well since he's been at the club and is the best rb in the league and clearly has ability to play at a higher level.

All that being said obviously I'd love for this team to stick together and get into the premiership. Just such a shame we didn't get our act together sooner this season as it'd have been a given.

The Rock

And here lies the rub or whatever the saying is.

This goes for the entire Top 11.

We'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it.

davew

I think he is the most attacking and quickest right back in the division, but certainly not the best right back defender or crosser of the ball, that having been said about Fred's, I would like him to stay! If we don't achieve promotion or even if we do, I wish him well if he decides to leave, enjoyed watching him play for us and 1 of the best right backs I have seen in my time of watching FFC!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

YankeeJim

Quote from: gang on April 19, 2018, 10:19:53 PM
We rescued him from a personal nightmare at Bristol City, it would be a shame if he didn't take that into consideration before leaving free.

Loyalty in football? Surely you jest.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

davew

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 19, 2018, 11:19:43 PM

Yeah all about money these days, no characters like our legends Mr Haynes and Mr Cohen, would they have been loyal to us if all that money was available in their days?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: davew on April 19, 2018, 11:25:34 PM

Yeah all about money these days, no characters like our legends Mr Haynes and Mr Cohen, would they have been loyal to us if all that money was available in their days?
I have always made the point that this is not sport anymore it is business, consequently it is a players profession, and said players have the right to be the same as anyone of us by trying to get the best deal/job for themselves and families. The word loyalty gets banded about but loyal to what, they get a wage to do a job of work, and if someone comes in with a better deal to do that job, who are we to deny them that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

One of the best RBs I've seen in a Fulham shirt, good luck to him whatever he does

colinwhite

Certainly the quickest right back Ive ever seen in a Fulham shirt. Not so sure he will just slot into another team and be able to Carry on where he has left off with us. I think he would be making a mistake ,for his development as player to go.
Have my doubts about his delivery ,and defending and how that would be in the top flight. He has improved hugely under Jovanovic ,but thinking back to when he first arrived at the club ,he was nowhere near premiership quality.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Cottage Industry

I am one of the old school (86 years old), and have been a loyal supporter since the age of 4 when I saw my first match with my father in the middle at Fulham, so I must say loyalty still does count for me. In other words I would like RF to sign a year long extension just to say Thank You if he decides to leave. Apart from that I agree he has the option to do what is best for him.

toshes mate

I have always said it is none of my business what Khan does with his money.  Likewise it is none of my business what players do with their trade.  But it is FFC's business and in our recent past we have seen players 'depart' when retention may have seemed a better business option.   We do not know the content of said contracts and we will never be privy to any of it.   

I also do not read anything in RF's statement to make rash judgements about his loyalty or lack of.  Could the impasse have been the absence of one simple clause rather than RF making demands the Club simply cannot afford to meet (with FFP in mind)?   

As I said it is none of my business but it'll be a shame to see RF go if that is how it turns out.   Wish him well whatever he does.

Twig

Quote from: davew on April 19, 2018, 11:25:34 PM

Johnny Haynes, he would be the first ever £100 per week footballer?

bill taylors apprentice

Why would he sign an extension to his contract just to give the club a fee when he left?

When he signs a new and improved contract for us or anyone else as a free agent he will surely command a bumper signing on fee as well.

Who can blame him?

WhiteJC

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 20, 2018, 09:44:57 AM
Why would he sign an extension to his contract just to give the club a fee when he left?

van de Sar did exactly that