watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (20/04/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 20, 2018, 07:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Millwall defender Shaun Hutchinson on facing former club Fulham, Aleksandar Mitrovic test and trusting team-mates

Millwall defender Shaun Hutchinson says leaving Fulham was the right move for his career.

The defender dropped down a division to join the Lions in 2016, ending his two-year spell at Craven Cottage.

After helping Millwall win promotion to the Championship last season, Hutchinson, 27, has played every minute of their remarkable 2017/18 campaign.

The Lions are potentially six games away from the Premier League - and host third-placed Fulham tomorrow.

Hutchinson said: "There are a few staff behind the scenes that I speak to now and then.

"The players that are still there as well, I wouldn't say it's every day, but I do keep in touch with them.

"To be honest, the move worked out for both parties.

"They're doing better without me and I'm happier here doing better without them.

"When you look back at it now, it's probably the correct decision from both parties."

After a slow start to the season, Fulham are unbeaten in 21 league games.

They signed Aleksandar Mitrovic on loan from Newcastle in January, and the Serbia striker has scored 10 goals in 14 games.

Despite his red-hot form, Hutchinson is relishing the battle.

He added: "Fulham were missing that real number nine up top [in the first-half of the season] and I think they've found that.

He [Mitrovic] has come in and he's good at everything. He's good on the ball, he's not afraid to get involved with the physical side as well.

"We all know they like to pass the ball around really well, and they've got the players to do that. Adding him to the squad has given them another dimension. That's probably the turning point for them.

"We have come across different sorts of players all season. But he looks like he's on top form.

"He's been very clinical and ruthless at the moment with his goals. So we'll be looking to nullify him and do the best we can to stop him from being a threat."

Millwall aim to tighten their grip on a play-off place by extending their unbeaten league run to 18 games.

The streak was at threat last weekend when Sheffield United took a 74th-minute lead, however, Steve Morison replied just two minutes later to earn a hard-fought point.

Hutchinson said: "If someone makes a mistake, everyone wants to get them out of trouble. Everyone wants to pull their mate out of trouble and run that extra mile for him.

"When you've got that and the trust to the player next to you, it makes you relax on the pitch. It lets you do what you can do when you know everyone around you is doing their job as well.

"This is probably one thing I enjoy about this club, we all give each other a bit of stick. If you ever see anyone getting a little bit ahead of themselves, they generally get put down because the boys don't want that.

"Someone could score a hat-trick and people could still give him stick. It's just the way it is. It keeps everyone on their toes and keeps everyone pushing. No one takes it personally."

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/millwall/16171487.Millwall_defender_on_facing_former_club_Fulham__Mitrovic_test_and_trusting_team_mates/

WhiteJC

Harris: "It doesn't get much better than this"

Read from the manager ahead of Friday's huge clash against Fulham at The Den

Millwall manager Neil Harris has admitted "it doesn't get much better than this" for his side, as they prepare for a crunch Sky Bet Championship clash against Fulham at The Den on Friday night.

The Lions, currently on a 17-match unbeaten run, take on Slaviša Jokanović's in a pivotal fixture televised LIVE on Sky Sports (kick-off 7:45pm).

Harris says he is relishing the opportunity to watch his players take on an "excellent football team", themselves on a 21-match unbeaten league run, in front of a sell-out crowd.

"It's a great opportunity for us as a football club to really enjoy a massive occasion. It doesn't get much better than this," he told millwallfc.co.uk.

"Fulham, obviously, for their own reasons and getting into the top two (automatic promotion), but we've also got ourselves into a wonderful position and we're trying to sustain that play-off push.

"They're an excellent football team, they've got some top players. Slaviša has done a great job as manager over the last few years. They were unlucky in the play-offs last season, but, like us, they're on a great (unbeaten) run.

"We never thought we'd be talking about this after 43 games. Friday night under the lights and a London Derby – it doesn't get any better than that. I can't wait to go and see my players perform and the message will be clear – go and enjoy it.

Harris has called on the Lions faithful to continue to be the team's 12th man, highlighting the impact they can have on proceedings.

He added: "My players feed off that hostile atmosphere. All Millwall teams too. A lot of teams get intimidated by it and don't thrive off it.

"We've just got to make sure it's a Millwall atmosphere, and the fans know what I mean by that. Be loud, be hostile and get behind the team, but really enjoy the occasion at the same time.

"We've got to impose ourselves on the game too, though. There's going to be times in the game when Fulham are going to dominate the ball and we'll have to be patient, but that's not changed in three years of my time in charge.

"When we win the ball back we've got to make sure we make something from it. We managed to do that for periods in the game at Craven Cottage earlier in the season, so we felt really hard done by not to come away with anything that day. We've just got to make sure we're clinical and ruthless on the ball.

"We've got huge three games left. It's the biggest game of the season by a country mile next up, but we've just to make sure we contain Fulham and defend as diligently as we have all season."

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/harris-it-doesnt-get-much-better-than-this/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic promises Millwall that they're in for a tough game against his Fulham side

Millwall are expected to give Fulham a battle on Friday night - but Jokanovic insists the home side are in for a tough match themselves

Slavisa Jokanovic has promised Millwall that they're in for a tough game against Fulham side when the two meet on Friday evening.

A lot has been said about the way the Lions play football and what kind of match the Whites might have in store for them, with Neil Harris' men playing a physical and combative style of football.

That style has seen them go 17 unbeaten, while Fulham's style, which could be said to be the exact opposite of Millwall's, has seen them go 21 games without losing ahead of Friday night at the Den.

It's expected that Millwall will try to make the game tough for Fulham, but ahead of the match the head coach has insisted that the home side will also be in for a tough game against his side.

He said: "Their manager has done a fantastic job, they follow one way to play football.

"It's a different style, they are aggressive and are a team who can put you under stress.

"They deserve to be where they are right now and I expect a really hard and tough game but I promise them too they will find it tough and competitive."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-promises-millwall-theyre-14551832

WhiteJC

Fulham boss wants Newcastle striker to stay at Craven Cottage once loan spell ends

The head coach has revealed he wants Mitrovic to stay at Fulham next season, and that the striker himself is probably happy to stay too

Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed he wants Aleksandar Mitrovic to stay at Fulham past his loan spell, but admits they will have to wait and see what happens.

The Newcastle striker has been in scintillating form since arriving from the north east, via Belgium, on Deadline Day, netting 10 goals to push his side to the brink of the automatic places.

It's safe to say it was an inspired signing and one that could help fire Fulham to the Premier League, although the future of the 23-year-old is still very much up in the air.

West Ham have been linked with the striker, and now Jokanovic has admitted he would like to keep him at the Cottage next season, although doing so isn't down to him, but the recruitment team.

He said: "He made a great job for us, club took the right decision to bring him to help us.

"I don't know what will happen in the future, first of all he is a Newcastle player and ahead of him is the World Cup.

"I know he is really happy with the team, with the club, with the city and for another side he knows I am satisfied with level he offer us.

"Everything is open, part of another side if you ask me about if I want him with us, yes I want.

"If you as if they want to stay it's probably a yes, but in realistic life we are going to see.

"This job is for another side and not under my control."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-wants-newcastle-striker-14552036

WhiteJC

Run The Game

Are you ready to Run The Game?

Join us for a unique session inside Craven Cottage with Oliver Norwood, Fulham First Team coaches, and an adidas running coach, who will put you and the new adidas #ALPHABOUNCE BEYOND running shoes to the test.

The session is on Tuesday 24th April from 7-8pm at Craven Cottage.

A limited number of the Alphabounce shoes are available for trial at the session, so get down early to secure your pair. There will also be pairs available to win for the best performing Alphas...

Come and show us how you Run The Game. Follow this link to sign-up for the event.

Places are limited and ticket winners will receive confirmation via email on Monday 23rd April.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/19/run-the-game

WhiteJC

Jokanovic 'Yes I want Aleksandar Mitrovic next season'

Jokanovic: "I don't know what will happen, first of all Aleksandar Mitrovic is a Newcastle player and ahead of him is the World Cup."

Aleksandar Mitrovic scored yet again last weekend, his goal earning Fulham a point against Brentford.

Friday night sees Fulham taking on another London rival, when they travel to Millwall.

Assured of a play-off place, they are now second favourites behind Cardiff for the other automatic promotion spot.

With 10 goals in his first 10 weeks at the club, Slavisa Jokanovic says that Mitrovic knows his manager is 'satisfied with the level he offers us.'

As for next season, the Fulham boss is happy to admit 'Yes I want' when asked about whether he'd like the Newcastle loan striker to still be at Craven Cottage.

However, with Mitro still on Newcastle's books and with a World Cup ahead of the striker, Jokanovic isn't sure what will happen. Plus, he says it is down to somebody else at Fulham to decide if they want to try and buy the Serbian forward and then try to do the deal.

For Newcastle fans, you can probably safely say they are split into two camps.

Those who look at his goals and hope Rafa Benitez might be prepared to give him another chance.

Whilst others, will see the goals as a means of  helping to sell Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer AND get a better price now, so Rafa can buy the main striker/goalscorer he wants to bring in.

Slavisa Jokanovic:

"Aleksandar Mitrovic did a great job for us, the club took the right decision to bring him to help us.

"I don't know what will happen in the future, first of all he is a Newcastle player and ahead of him is the World Cup.

"I know he is really happy with the (Fulham) team, with the club, with the city and he knows I am satisfied with the level he offers us.

"Everything is open...if you ask me about if I want him with us (next season), yes I want.

"If you ask if they (Mitro) want to stay, it's probably a yes, but in realistic life we are going to see.

"This job (to keep Mitrovic at Fulham) is for another (person) and not under my control."

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/04/jokanovic-yes-want-aleksandar-mitrovic-next-season-newcastle-united-fulham/

WhiteJC

Millwall v Fulham preview: Championship clash live on Sky Sports Football

Millwall will aim to retain their Championship play-off place when they take on automatic promotion hopefuls Fulham at the Den.

Neil Harris' side are unbeaten in their last 17 league matches and victory will keep them in the top six regardless of other results over the weekend.

However, the Lions will definitely have centre-back Byron Webster missing due to a knee problem, but midfielder Ben Thompson could recover from his ankle issue in time. There are no other injury or suspension concerns for Millwall.

Fulham can leapfrog Cardiff and move into the top two with victory before the Bluebirds face Nottingham Forest on Saturday. The Cottagers are in equally good form, having not suffered defeat in the Championship since losing 1-0 at struggling Sunderland on December 16.

Forward Floyd Ayite is unavailable with a hamstring injury picked up earlier this month, with Liverpool loanee Sheyi Ojo is also sidelined with an unspecified knock. PFA young player of the year award nominee Ryan Sessegnon is likely to start at left wing, with Denis Odoi and Tim Ream at the heart of the defence.

Opta stats
Millwall are winless in four home league meetings with Fulham (D3 L1) since winning 4-3 in April 1982.

There have been just two goals scored in the last three Championship meetings between these sides, with both sides scoring one apiece.

The Lions have lost one of their last 13 home matches on Friday in all competitions (W8 D4), a 1-0 defeat to Bolton in December 2014.

Slavisa Jokanovic has won all three Championship meetings with Millwall, winning two with Watford and one with Fulham.

Ryan Sessegnon has scored more league goals in 2017-18 than any other teenager in the top four tiers of English football (14 goals).

George Saville's 10 goals have been worth 12 points for Millwall this season - only three players' goals have been more valuable in the Championship (Billy Sharp 17, James Maddison 16, Albert Adomah 14).

Prutton's prediction

Both of these sides will be happy to be playing first this weekend and will hope to use the opportunity to put pressure on those around them. Millwall could further solidify their place in the top six with victory, and Fulham are likely to need to win all three of their remaining games to have any chance of finishing above Cardiff.

It's a tough one to call with them both on such long unbeaten runs and in such good form, and for that reason I just can't split them. Score draw.

David Prutton predicts: 2-2 with Steve Morison to score first (70/1 with Sky Bet)

http://www.skysports.com/football/millwall-vs-fulham/preview/375143

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic sets out his position on a Fulham move for Newcastle's Aleksandar Mitrovic

Slavisa Jokanovic wants Fulham to sign loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic in the summer.

The Newcastle United striker has scored 10 goals for the promotion-chasing Championship club.

Mitrovic joined Fulham in January, and his goals have taken the club to within a point of the automatic promotion places. And manager Jokanovic would love to turn Mitrovic's loan into a permanent move. "He made a great job for us," said Jokanovic. "The club took the right decision to bring him to help us. "I don't know what will happen in the future. First of all, he's a Newcastle player, and ahead of him is the World Cup (with Serbia). "I know he's really happy with the team, with the club, with the city and for another side he knows I'm satisfied with level he offers us. "Everything's open. If you ask me about if I want him with us, yes I want. In realistic life, we're going to see.

Read more at: https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/slavisa-jokanovic-sets-out-his-position-on-a-fulham-move-for-newcastle-s-aleksandar-mitrovic-1-9126090

WhiteJC

Sess: Focus On Ourselves

Ryan Sessegnon says Fulham will stick to their principles when they face Millwall on Friday night.

A fixture of contrasting styles is expected at the Den in front of the television cameras, and Sessegnon is confident his team's fluid philosophy will prevail.

"Every team we've faced this season has had their own style of play," he told fulhamfc.com. "A lot have been physical against us but we just need to focus on ourselves and play the way we play.

"Neil Harris is doing a tremendous job with Millwall. He's really set up a way of playing. They know how they like to play, and it's working for them.

"They're doing well this season. They've come up from League One and gone on to have an amazing run.

"We have to respect them but we'll be going there and trying to play our own game, and going there to win."

Between them, the sides are unbeaten in an incredible 38 matches, but Sessegnon is hopeful the Whites can bounce back from last week's disappointment and end Millwall's undefeated streak.

"It will be a difficult game, especially considering the run they're on," he admitted. "It will be a very hostile atmosphere at the Den, they'll make it as difficult as possible for us, but we're fully focused on winning the game.

"To only draw against Brentford, we are disappointed but it continues the unbeaten run and we're just raring to go and get the three points at Millwall."

While his full focus remains on the London derby, two days later Sessegnon will be taking in yet another awards ceremony following his nomination for PFA Young Player of the Year.

"I'm happy – very surprised!" the 17-year-old stated. "They said I'm the first person outside the Premier League to be nominated, so it was a surprise, but I'm buzzing.

"It is a proud moment for me, my family are very proud of me, so now I just need to continue doing well."

The England Under-21 international faces stiff competition for the trophy, with Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Ederson and Leroy Sane all in contention.

Sess added: "They're great players who do it consistently in the Premier League and have also played in big matches for their countries, so to be in the same bracket as them is surreal really."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/20/ryan-sessegnon-focus-on-ourselves

WhiteJC

Fulham have best away points return in Championship – but Millwall have taken down big prey at The Den

Fulham have taken more points away than any Championship side this season – but The Den has not been a happy hunting ground for any of the top clubs this season.

Quite often the big-hitters have been turned into prey at Millwall's home.

On a Championship league table for away results you need to drop to 15th – Ipswich Town – before you come across a team which has won in SE16 this season.

And with Barnsley and Burton the only others to emerge victorious at The Den, it tends to suggest that sides who force the Lions to set the pace could be most likely to emerge with more significant spoils.

Fulham have completed the most passes in the Championship – 18,045 – but their offensive style of play which sees them commit numbers forward looks perfect for a Millwall side who are accomplished counter-attackers.

George Saville – a driving force from midfield for the Lions – said: "Big teams find it hard to come and play against us. I think some of them underestimated us a little bit and thought they'd come to the Den and it would be an easy 2-0 win for them. I don't think that happens now.

"Not many teams like coming here, the stats show that – we have not lost there since November. The boys thrive off it there and it will be a packed house on Friday.

"It is great, the position we are in. To have a game of this magnitude this late in the season is just credit to the players and staff at the club. For it to be a derby only adds to the spice."

Saville left Wolves in the summer but could now quite conceivably be joining his old employers in the Premier League next season. The surplus talent acquired from Molineux by Harris – a permanent deal for Jed Wallace and loan of Ben Marshall – have played huge roles in the success up to now.

So does Saville think about the fact he could be playing Premier League football against Wolves in the 2017-18 season?

"It has probably gone through my mind 100 times in the last couple of weeks. We have given ourselves an opportunity, that is all we can ask for. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be.

"We are playing the teams around us. It is in our hands. If we lose three out of three then we probably don't deserve to get in. If we do win two and pick up a draw then we do deserve it.

"I probably wasn't expecting us to be in this situation when I joined, I wasn't looking that far ahead. But after being with the boys for a few weeks and the first couple of games of the season I knew we wouldn't be in danger of going down at all.

"It's easy for me to say that now, but I knew we'd be fine. I thought mid-table is where we would be – between 12th and 14th or 15th is where I saw us.

"So to go a little bit further than that is great.

"There's no pressure on us. We shouldn't be in this position, a lot of people are saying that. For bigger clubs like Fulham, Middlesbrough and Derby there is pressure. They have to be in the play-offs. Their goal is promotion. For us it is just brilliant to be where we are now.

"The most important thing is we have done ourselves proud this season."

Anything less than victory does not look an option for Slavisa Jokanovic's west London outfit – despite being 21 games unbeaten they dropped two vital points last weekend against Brentford and probably need a maximum return in their final three fixtures to stand any chance of catching Cardiff City for the second automatic promotion place.

A win would be huge for Millwall – undefeated in 17 – ahead of what looks a hugely significant trip to fifth-placed Middlesbrough next weekend.

Saville put Fulham's flying teenager Ryan Sessegnon in his EFL Team of the Season along with Kevin McDonald.

"Obviously they have got a very good team, a lot of quality, but we know what we have got to do. If we execute that game plan then I think we can have a good time.

"The pressure is on them going into this game. They'll be favourites – regardless that it is away for them and home for us. They are expected to come and win.

"It doesn't mean we don't think we're going to win. It just means the pressure is on them."

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/fulham-have-best-away-points-return-in-championship-but-millwall-have-taken-down-big-prey-at-the-den/

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic: Fulham will face up to Millwall challenge in battle of contrasts

Slavisa Jokanovic knows what to expect at The Den tonight and insists Fulham will stand up to the challenge posed by Millwall on a crucial night in the race for the Premier League.

This week, Millwall manager Neil Harris talked of the "intimidating atmosphere" at The Den, saying some players "can sink or swim".

On the pitch, Millwall have proved very effective, with their direct style of play sparking a 17-match unbeaten League run that has catapulted them up to sixth in the Championship.

Fulham's attractive brand of possession-based football has also paid dividends - they are unbeaten in 21 matches in the League - and they are already guaranteed a play-off spot with hopes of catching second-placed Cardiff for an automatic spot.

Jokanovic's men will be tested tonight and he said: "Millwall follow one way of football. It is a different style to what we play but they are aggressive, they are solid and they are strong.

"They can put you under stress and they deserve to be where they are. I expect a really hard and tough game, but I promise them they are going to find competitive opponents, too."

Fulham have made an average of 485 shorts passes per game this season, the highest number in the Championship, while Millwall have completed the second-fewest at 228.

In comparison, Millwall have played an average of 80 long passes per game, which ranks them sixth in the Championship; Fulham have made the fewest with an average of 60 per game. It makes for a fascinating tactical battle between two teams looking to take a step closer to the promised land.

Harris said: "It is about imposing ourselves on the game. The players and the fans over the past three years have earned the right to be where we are tonight. It is a great opportunity to show everyone how far we have come."

Millwall were in 15th in the table when they lost at Norwich on New Year's Day, but 11 wins and six draws since then have taken them into the top six with three games left.

Harris said: "We have come out of the blue to get where we are. I would be lying if I said it has not surprised me what we have done. But we want to keep achieving."

Fulham can move back above Cardiff with a win, but defeat could end hopes of automatic promotion.

Jokanovic said: "We believe if we win the games ahead of us we can be successful at the end of the season. The situation is in Cardiff's control at the moment and we have to wait for a mistake from them."

Fulham were relegated from the Premier League in 2014 while Millwall have had only two seasons in the top flight.

Harris said: "Fulham are under pressure because they are fighting for second spot. There is pressure on us because we want to be in the top six but it is a different pressure because there is no expectation on us."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-fulham-will-face-up-to-millwall-challenge-in-battle-of-contrasts-a3819021.html

WhiteJC

Millwall In Focus

Have a read of all the vital pre-match information ahead of the huge London derby at the Den on Friday night.

Possible opposition absentees

Byron Webster - knee injury

Ben Thompson - ankle injury
Tickets

Tickets for this match have sold out, with Fulham taking the full allocation available of 2,281.
Weather

A beautiful day is forecast in the capital, with clear sunshine throughout. Temperatures will still be as high as 23 degrees at kick-off.
Getting there

Trains from London Bridge to South Bermondsey run every quarter of an hour or so and take just four minutes. The Den is then just a short walk away.
Live stream

Because this fixture has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports, we are unable to stream it on fulhamfctv.
He said

"They're an excellent football team, they've got some top players. Slaviša has done a great job as manager over the last few years." - Neil Harris, Millwall manager
Grosvenor Casinos match odds

Millwall: 9/4

Draw: 5/2

Fulham: 11/10
Previous five results

Sheffield United 1-1 Millwall (Championship)

Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Millwall (Championship)

Millwall 2-0 Bristol City (Championship)

Ipswich Town 2-2 Millwall (Championship)

Millwall 2-0 Nottingham Forest (Championship)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/20/millwall-in-focus

WhiteJC

Fulham aren't under any pressure after securing first target, but Jokanovic aims for final day upset

The head coach insists Fulham have nothing to lose having only been second once, but Cardiff should be worried about his side catching them

Slavisa Jokanovic says Fulham are under no pressure after they secured their first target this season - play-off football.

However, the head coach has aimed for a final day upset that could see his side break into the top two ahead of Cardiff City, who he insists must be worried about the Whites catching them with just three games remaining.

Fulham took second spot last week after the Bluebirds lost to Aston Villa, but a lest minute equaliser in the Brentford game, coupled with more late goals from Cardiff, saw the side drop back to third.

It's been the only time this season the Cottagers had been in the automatic spots, while Cardiff have occupied them for a while now, and it's that reason that Jokanovic believes Cardiff should be worried about losing the final automatic spot, while his side aren't worried at all because they have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Jokanovic previously said Cardiff would drop points against Reading on the final day of the season, and while he was half joking with the comment, he thinks if Fulham are to break into the top two, it will be on the final day of the campaign.

He said: "They scored five minutes before the end, one week before at Wolves they missed two penalties in injury time.

"They lost at Aston Villa five minutes before the end, we lost two points against Brentford in the last moment of the game.

"Experience shows us different things can happen, at the end, half serious, half joking, I am talking about the Reading game.

"Something can happen in the last game, different things can happen.

"Before thinking about Cardiff and Reading, we must think of Millwall vs Fulham which is under our control and what they are doing, we will wait.

"We are not under any pressure, our first target we have in our hands.

"Our most important target is to be the promoted team, in the longest or shortest way I don't know, but we have opportunity to try.

"For another side, we improve this season if we try to make some comparisons to season before, we are satisfied but right now this is our realistic situation.

"Our ambition must be focused and fighting for the top target.

(Image: Leigh Dawney/Getty Images)

"They say they are not under pressure, I say I am not under pressure, Cardiff are not under pressure, this is a fantastic place for working!

"I cannot lose anything because I didn't have this situation in my hands in these 43 first games, they never catch my team.

"This is the situation, they have one game less and if we have the opportunity, then we can probably take this opportunity last game to be in top two.

"They have been there 40 odd games, they must be worried, I am not worried."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-arent-under-any-pressure-14553435

WhiteJC

Opposition Camp

Neil Harris told millwallfc.co.uk that Friday's London derby is "the biggest game of the season" for his side, while also praising the work done at Fulham by Slaviša Jokanović.

"It's a great opportunity for us as a football club to really enjoy a massive occasion. It doesn't get much better than this.

"We've also got ourselves into a wonderful position and we're trying to sustain that Play-Off push.

"Fulham are an excellent football team, they've got some top players. Slaviša has done a great job as manager over the last few years. They were unlucky in the Play-Offs last season but, like us, they're on a great run.

"We never thought we'd be talking about this after 43 games. Friday night under the lights and a London derby – it doesn't get any better than that. I can't wait to go and see my players perform and the message will be clear – go and enjoy it.

"We've got to impose ourselves on the game too, though. There's going to be times in the game when Fulham are going to dominate the ball and we'll have to be patient, but that's not changed in three years of my time in charge.

"We've got three huge games left. It's the biggest game of the season by a country mile next up, but we've just to make sure we contain Fulham and defend as diligently as we have all season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/20/opposition-camp

WhiteJC

Jokanovic gives update on future of Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic

The head coach has revealed he wants Mitrovic to stay at Fulham next season, and that the striker himself is probably happy to stay too

Slavisa Jokanovic has revealed he wants Aleksandar Mitrovic to stay at Fulham past his loan spell, but admits they will have to wait and see what happens.

The Newcastle striker has been in scintillating form since arriving from the north east, via Belgium, on Deadline Day, netting 10 goals to push his side to the brink of the automatic places.

It's safe to say it was an inspired signing and one that could help fire Fulham to the Premier League, although the future of the 23-year-old is still very much up in the air.

West Ham have been linked with the striker, and now Jokanovic has admitted he would like to keep him at the Cottage next season, although doing so isn't down to him, but the recruitment team.

He said: "He made a great job for us, club took the right decision to bring him to help us.

"I know he is really happy with the team, with the club, with the city and for another side he knows I am satisfied with level he offer us.

"Everything is open, part of another side if you ask me about if I want him with us, yes I want.

"If you ask if they want to stay it's probably a yes, but in realistic life we are going to see.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-aleksandar-mitrovic-future-14552036

WhiteJC

Football Welcomes

Fulham Football Club is proud to be participating in Amnesty's Football Welcomes initiative this weekend to celebrate the contribution refugee players make to the beautiful game.

For many refugee players, football helped them adjust to a new country and culture and as they and their families rebuilt their lives in safety. Supported by a range of Premier League clubs, the EFL, the FA Women's Super League, and a number of non-league and grassroots teams, Football Welcomes also highlights the role clubs can play in welcoming refugees and asylum seekers and promoting integration.

Fulham FC Foundation is proud to support Football Welcomes, alongside FFC. We recognise the tremendous contribution that refugee players make to the game, as well as our unique position to support refugees and asylum seekers within our community.

In collaboration with local organisations including Community Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers and South London Refugees Association, we launched 'Sporting Welcome,' providing sport, language support, and training opportunities for Refugees and Asylum Seekers in South and South West London. With consistent support from the Club and First Team, we're proud to be engaging more than 50 young people each week in life changing provision.

Many other clubs around the country will be taking part in the Football Welcomes weekend - giving free tickets to a match for refugees and people seeking asylum living locally, arranging player visits or stadium tours, or organising a match or tournament for refugees and asylum seekers in their community programmes.

Naomi Westland, Football Welcomes Manager at Amnesty International UK, said:

"We are delighted Fulham Football Club is taking part in Football Welcomes this year. With so many clubs across the country participating, the message from football is clear - refugees are welcome in the UK. At a time when hate-filled rhetoric so often fills our newspapers and social media timelines, this shows that there is another story to be told.

"Football can give people a sense of purpose and belonging, and football clubs are at the heart of our towns and cities and have an important role to play in welcoming refugees and helping to promote respect, understanding and integration."

Football Welcomes is part of Amnesty International's I Welcome campaign for a better international response to the global refugee crisis. The campaign encourages local communities to work together to create a more welcoming environment for people fleeing conflict and persecution.

To find out more visit www.amnesty.org.uk/footballwelcomes

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/20/football-welcomes

WhiteJC

U18s Host West Ham

Fulham's Under-18s host West Ham United at Motspur Park in their final match of the PL South Season on Saturday in an 11am kick off.

Last time out the Young Whites beat Norwich City 4-0 after a blitz of a first half. Sylvester Jasper made the early breakthrough in the 5th minute to open the floodgates.

Jaydn Mundle-Smith added to the Canaries' misery before Timmy Abraham scored a brace to round off the half. Fulham were able to cruise to victory in the second half without conceding.

Fulham sit seventh in the PL South and the Hammers are 10th in the table. The last time these two sides met in the reverse fixture ended with a frustrating draw. Four goals in eight minutes in the second half saw the match finish 2-2.

In the Irons' last outing, they fell to a 5-1 home defeat to league winners Chelsea FC.

Goal updates of the match can be found on the Club's official twitter account, @FulhamFC.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/20/u18s-host-west-ham

WhiteJC

Cardiff boss responds to Slavisa Jokanovic's 'pressure' comments ahead of run-in

Warnock insists there's pressure on everybody with just three games left in the Championship season

Neil Warnock has responded to Slavisa Jokanovic's comments about Cardiff City feeling all the pressure, and insists there's pressure on everybody.

The Fulham head coach has insisted throughout the Championship run-in that his side are under no pressure as they have nothing to lose, whereas Cardiff will feel the pressure because they've been in second place and it's there's to give away.

On Thursday, Jokanovic also stated he wasn't worried about the last three games of the season but that Cardiff should be, and aimed for an end of season upset to nip in to the final automatic spot.

But Warnock has responded and insists there's pressure on everybody.

He said: "Between the three and four games we've got, the pressure will be there on everybody whether you're second or third.

"That's not going to change. We can all talk a good game, but you'd expect pressure to be on at this time of year, with what's at stake."

Fulham take on Millwall tonight, and Warnock believes the Whits have the quality needed, but has compared the Lions to his Cardiff side, who he thinks have punched above their weight.

He added: "There's not a good film on, so I'll be watching tonight! The kick off times are getting quite ludicrous.

"I watch Friday night games on the magical Sky Go while we're away but don't necessarily watch every game, but it's a cracking game tonight, as they all are now.

"I don't how how it will go. Fulham have got the quality but Millwall are very resolved, a good group, very similar to our lads, they've punched above their weight and they're enjoying it."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-boss-responds-slavisa-jokanovics-14554002

WhiteJC

Sky Sports pundit backing both Fulham and Millwall to extend unbeaten runs

David Prutton is backing both the sides to extend their unbeaten runs with a draw at The Den this evening

Sky Sports pundit David Prutton is backing both Fulham and Millwall to extend their unbeaten runs when the two sides meet at The Den tonight.

The Whites are on a 21-game unbeaten run which has seen them burst into the play-offs and challenge for the final automatic spot, while The Lions haven't lost in 17, a run that has seen them look towards play-off football at the end of the campaign.

It's all set to be a fantastic game of football in south London tonight, and Prutton is backing both sides to extend their unbeaten runs with a draw this evening.

He said: "Both of these sides will be happy to be playing first this weekend and will hope to use the opportunity to put pressure on those around them.

"Millwall could further solidify their place in the top six with victory, and Fulham are likely to need to win all three of their remaining games to have any chance of finishing above Cardiff.

"It's a tough one to call with them both on such long unbeaten runs and in such good form, and for that reason I just can't split them. Score draw.

"Prutton predicts: 2-2 with Steve Morison to score first"

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-pundit-backing-both-14553507

WhiteJC

Newcastle fans react as Jokanovic admits he wants Mitrovic

Newcastle striker Aleksander Mitrovic has starred on loan at Fulham.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has been quoted by Get West London as saying that he is keen to keep Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic beyond the end of the season - and Newcastle fans have named their price.

Since moving south to west London, 23-year-old forward Mitrovic has scored 10 goals in 14 games for the Cottagers as they edge closer to promotion from the Championship into the Premier League.

Mitrovic, alongside the likes of Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney, have pushed Fulham into third place in the Championship table but with three games to play, they are only one point behind Neil Warnock's Cardiff City.

Jokanovic surprised few by stating he wants goal machine Mitrovic on a permanent basis: "Everything is open, part of another side if you ask me about if I want him with us, yes I want," Jokanovic said. "If you as if they want to stay it's probably a yes, but in realistic life we are going to see. This job is for another side and not under my control."

The former Anderlecht striker still has two years on his Newcastle contract - which the Daily Star claim is worth £60,000 a week - but has been ostracised by Rafa Benitez, who prefers Dwight Gayle and Joselu.

Newcastle fans have reacted on Twitter to Jokanovic's comments, naming their price with a handful of Toon fans hopeful that any deal to sell Mitrovic would include exciting left-footer Sessegnon.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/04/20/newcastle-fans-react-as-jokanovic-admits-he-wants-mitrovic/