https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky Coverage....

Started by Baston White, April 20, 2018, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Milo on April 20, 2018, 11:35:44 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 20, 2018, 11:32:01 PM
Guys, Mark Shwarzer was one of our great Fulham keepers. You might want to try learning how to spell his name before you try to knock him.

To be fair the old auto-correct on the mobile struggled so much with Schwarzer for me too that I gave up and just posted something else

Even I had to go back and modify because I discovered autocorrect had pooed on me. Embarrassing,

HobGoblin

Quote from: Twig on April 20, 2018, 11:32:01 PM
Guys, Mark Schwarzer was one of our great Fulham keepers. You might want to try learning how to spell his name before you try to knock him.

Oh No, my windows spelt it wrong, get a life grammer/spelling internet policeman

ron

HobGoblin

Quote from: ron on April 20, 2018, 11:56:16 PM
Grammar
Oh no, PC Billy Bob, you holding Twigs hand or something else?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Bill2 on April 20, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
Quote from: FFCFOREVER on April 20, 2018, 10:40:37 PM
I thought the ref actually had a blinder tonight.Got MOST of the big decesions right.What  a difference a prem level ref makes compared to the rest of the usual dross we see week in week out.
how did he miss that forearm smash on Fredo, surprised the police did not come on to the pitch and arrest him for GBH.

Hopefully, if the ref missed it, retrospective action will be taken against Tim Cahill.

Twig

I don't care about grammatical errors but I do object to "supporters" who can't spell our players' names correctly. It is disrespectful.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Surprizinlee bad spelin on hear for sutch anne upmarcet  club
Iznt Shwatsir jermen for blak ?

For years I thought it was Bleed Hangleand
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cookieg

Getting this thread back on track, the highlights do show the forearm smash from various angles so hopefully that thug will get a ban.

General

I agree. I was taken aback by the bias of one of the commentators in particular. We hadn't even got five minutes in and one said that Millwall were dominating the first half.

It felt like in their mind they were far more geed up for the idea of the game being controversial and an intense affair that they'd say anything to make it seem more topical than it was.

toshes mate

After one of the best forty five minutes I have seen a Fulham side play, and at a rampant New Den of all places against a side unbeaten in seventeen, I don't really care what Sky's coverage said or didn't say. Fulham said it on the pitch and they said 'this is how you play quality football fit for the PL when you have to play it in the Championship'.  The most emphatic response to the Brentford game I could imagine and a clear demonstration of why SJ approaches each game at a time..

Millwall's tactics were to knock us out early on, in the football sense, if possible in the first fifteen minutes of the game.  It was a tactic that was reduced to Cahill's GBH attack on Fredericks after a whole game of trying to wind both him and other Fulham player's up, and the physical assaults were present even on the only occasion our opponents netted.  Sporadically there was some good football on view from Millwall but all the quality came from Fulham.  Sess's goal was another demonstration of speed of thought and composure; McDonald's goal was his way of saying 'want to see a real knock out punch?'; Mitro's cool and precise pass into the top left corner of the net was a fitting tribute to his quality.  And what supreme football did we play to string those goals together and give Millwall a night they and us will not forget.

ffccornwall

Quote from: toshes mate on April 21, 2018, 07:45:17 AM
After one of the best forty five minutes I have seen a Fulham side play, and at a rampant New Den of all places against a side unbeaten in seventeen, I don't really care what Sky's coverage said or didn't say. Fulham said it on the pitch and they said 'this is how you play quality football fit for the PL when you have to play it in the Championship'.  The most emphatic response to the Brentford game I could imagine and a clear demonstration of why SJ approaches each game at a time..
Spot on.
Millwall's tactics were to knock us out early on, in the football sense, if possible in the first fifteen minutes of the game.  It was a tactic that was reduced to Cahill's GBH attack on Fredericks after a whole game of trying to wind both him and other Fulham player's up, and the physical assaults were present even on the only occasion our opponents netted.  Sporadically there was some good football on view from Millwall but all the quality came from Fulham.  Sess's goal was another demonstration of speed of thought and composure; McDonald's goal was his way of saying 'want to see a real knock out punch?'; Mitro's cool and precise pass into the top left corner of the net was a fitting tribute to his quality.  And what supreme football did we play to string those goals together and give Millwall a night they and us will not forget.

spot on.

Riversider

Simply put, if that wasn't a foul on Targett, then surely Real Madrid shouldn't have been awarded a last gasp penalty against Juventus.
It was the correct decision.

Slaphead in Qatar

Schwarz was not being anti fulham - just giving his opinion.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Schwarzer's son is one of the best young goalkeepers playing for Fulham. It looks as though he has a bright future.
I thought that the half time discussion was fair in that Milwall should have been ahead and they said so. It was slightly different at full time, but they still tried to find faults in the way that our goals were scored and could have been prevented.
As for Cahill's smash, it happened very quickly and the Ref does not have the benefit of the replay system.
We should have been down at half time, scored at the right time, and the remainder of the game was a case of brilliant play and Milwall's shoulders dropping surprisingly quickly.

HV71

What really got my goat was the view of Millwall's 'goal'. If that had been John Terry defending they would have praised him for his guile and getting his body in the way so that the Millwall player had no option other than to man handle and foul him. In this case they were obsessed with the fact that Targett 'did not go for the ball' and that the Millwall attacker 'only had eyes for the ball'. .

It was a foul - it doesnt matter whether you are looking at the ball or not .

colinwhite

ultimately in the second half there was a huge gulf in class between the the two sides . Even in the first half which they supposedly got the better of we were the ones showing footballing quality. Millwall showed that if we are on our game the high press works in our favour.