watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booing Sessegnon

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, April 20, 2018, 10:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I was not at the game, but watched it on TV and it sounded to me as though Sessegnon was booed each time that he touched the ball.
Am I right and if so was this a Race thing, did he do something early to deserve it, or were they just jealous of his ability?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 20, 2018, 10:23:14 PM
I was not at the game, but watched it on TV and it sounded to me as though Sessegnon was booed each time that he touched the ball.
Am I right and if so was this a Race thing, did he do something early to deserve it, or were they just jealous of his ability?

Just jealous, and he answered them in the best way possible by scoring a goal.

bucksfulham

Just helped to motivate him. Last man to leave the pitch to a chorus of "he's one of our own. What a player.

HV71

The Millwall fans are a disgrace - what on earth are they doing booing a future England international and a guy so young . No style no brains and probably little skin on their knuckles as they scampered home . Hopefully it wasn't a race thing BUT they demonstrated that - they are all Neanderthals

Sgt Fulham

Sessegnon is mature beyond his age. What a character and professional. Gets booed for no reason? Scores a goal to silence the crowd. Played a great game tonight and proved he will not be stirred. Class in every respect.

cmg

A form of flattery really. They can't get their heads round that sort of talent so they react savagely towards it.

Reminds me of the England v Scotland match when the Scottish fans were giving Bobby Moore constant, foul abuse every time he went near the action. Eventually someone plucked up the courage to ask why. A big Jock fell silent for a moment and then said sadly, 'Because he's too f*****g good for the likes of us, Pal.'

Citizen Smith

Sooooooooooooo proud of Sess!
Just gets on with it and sticks the ball in the net, knowing that that's the best way to answer the brainless Millwall fans that were booing him.

bill taylors apprentice

I'm a cynical old git at the best of times but I will cherish seeing this fine player in a Fulham shirt forever.
As much for his character as well as his ability.
Long may it continue!

FulhamKC

They seemed to stop booing after he scored.

Twig

Just loved his celebration to our fans at the end.

Woolly Mammoth

Magnificent player, magnificent person.
Millwall fans were jealous as fire, and shame on them, for showing ignorance and a lack of class.
They should be saluting him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

They understood he was a major threat and the booing was to try to put him off his game, nothing more nothing less.  Seems like it just motivated him more.  He and all the players coped really well with the 'hostile atmosphere'.

Milo

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 21, 2018, 12:41:58 AM
They understood he was a major threat and the booing was to try to put him off his game, nothing more nothing less.  Seems like it just motivated him more.  He and all the players coped really well with the 'hostile atmosphere'.

Yes and no. If he's a professional playing in an adults team then he should expect to be treated as one. But similarly overweight, middle aged thugs making obscene hand gestures and running down the stairs to yell abuse at him in the stands seems a step too far to a 17 year old.  1500.gif

Andy S

Yes I totally agree and for that reason alone I hope that we have put paid to Millwall's promotion chances not just for this season either

gezkc

To try to intimidate a 17 year old in that way pretty much sums up the dregs of humanity that are  Millwall supporters.
I was really impressed with Sess - he didn't let it bother him at all and just tore Millwall to shreds.
He's a class act.

Mince n Tatties

There not all animals, after the game they were full of praise for him,a couple  I got the tube back to Kings X with said they hoped we go up instead of Cardiff,and were jealous of the way we play.

Woolly Mammoth

I like Millwall supporters, but I couldn't eat a whole one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 21, 2018, 05:16:50 AM
There not all animals, after the game they were full of praise for him,a couple  I got the tube back to Kings X with said they hoped we go up instead of Cardiff,and were jealous of the way we play.

Absolutely and let's not forget that guy Tony who was raising funds for a cancer charity by running in West Ham gear.  He was a really decent bloke.  It can't be easy being a decent Milwall supporter alongside all those Neanderthals.

Arthur

Quote from: Milo on April 21, 2018, 12:45:24 AM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 21, 2018, 12:41:58 AM

Yes and no. If he's a professional playing in an adults team then he should expect to be treated as one. But similarly overweight, middle aged thugs making obscene hand gestures and running down the stairs to yell abuse at him in the stands seems a step too far to a 17 year old.

The behaviour of the fan you describe is a step too far, full stop. But I believe it is only one person to whom you refer and every club has somebody who would do the same.

We can't expect other clubs' fans to treat Sessegnon with kid gloves because of his age. I agree with East End White.

toshes mate

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on April 20, 2018, 10:48:12 PM
Sessegnon is mature beyond his age. What a character and professional. Gets booed for no reason? Scores a goal to silence the crowd. Played a great game tonight and proved he will not be stirred. Class in every respect.
Great summary.  The young man has more going on with his feet than those who booed him have in their heads.