watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa

Started by Andy S, April 21, 2018, 01:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Now I am not knocking the man but he has played in this country and managed both Watford and now us for two seasons. His comprehension of the English language appears suspect. Obviously his players understand him perfectly so is it put on in order to make other clubs think he cannot communicate with his players quickly or something?

hovewhite

As long as the players understand him,that's good enough for me.coyw

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Andy S on April 21, 2018, 01:27:25 AM
Now I am not knocking the man but he has played in this country and managed both Watford and now us for two seasons. His comprehension of the English language appears suspect. Obviously his players understand him perfectly so is it put on in order to make other clubs think he cannot communicate with his players quickly or something?

Always thought in interviews he pretends to speak bad English on purpose so as to confuse the interviewer and not have to answer the questions.

colinwhite

He strikes me as a pretty sharp guy  ,who has learnt english by ear rather than going on a course.

Nero

if hes writes his own twitter he can communicate very well in English.

bobby01

I remember Pochettino using a translator when it was said he spoke good English. I think Slav speaks better English than he lets on.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

toshes mate

In his own culture I would imagine they are quite impressed by his refusal to get drawn into the clichés responses spoon fed into questions.  He is his own man and I think his apparent introspection is the perfect foil for protecting all those who matter to the success of his profession.  He talks with his team's performances and you cannot be louder or clearer than that.   

bog

Given the way we play he can talk double dutch as far as I am concerned.

092.gif

SuffolkWhite

Well at least he doesn't have a weird English/Dutch accent like the wall with the brolly  064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Holders

I don't think there's any problem with his comprehension at all. His spoken English is accented (as to be expected) and mumbled (because he mumbles). If his word order is sometimes a little unusual that's probably a feature from Serbo-Croat but I don't think there's any doubt that he's actually perfectly fluent in his own idiosyncratic way.

It seems to me that he gets the message across to the team very effectively.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Quote from: Holders on April 21, 2018, 10:32:52 AM
I don't think there's any problem with his comprehension at all. His spoken English is accented (as to be expected) and mumbled (because he mumbles). If his word order is sometimes a little unusual that's probably a feature from Serbo-Croat but I don't think there's any doubt that he's actually perfectly fluent in his own idiosyncratic way.

It seems to me that he gets the message across to the team very effectively.

I pretty much agree.

Woolly Mammoth

His English is good enough to communicate with his players, otherwise we wouldn't be in second place, on a 22 match unbeaten run.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

I've thought this too.. does feel as if he knows how to speak more articulately than he shows.. would be a fun ploy if he did to make journos lose interest in him or not ask hard questions.

Forever Fulham

Right now, to me, he walks on water and speaks in tongues.  Every one of his players must understand him, given our amazing and ever-improving run of form.  Next Arsenal manager?   Hope not.

Holders

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 21, 2018, 01:54:11 PM
Right now, to me, he walks on water and speaks in tongues.  Every one of his players must understand him, given our amazing and ever-improving run of form.  Next Arsenal manager?   Hope not.

No, his English is too good.

Will he be taking up serpents next?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HV71

"Will he be taking up serpents next? "

Well I for one am a disciple of his

In Joka I Trust
In Joka I believe

DevonFFC

he also speaks fluent Spanish as his family live there and spends majority of his time in Madrid

Twig

Quote from: ollienixs on April 21, 2018, 02:24:18 PM
he also speaks fluent Spanish as his family live there and spends majority of his time in Madrid

We need to persuade his family of the delights of West London living!

F(f)CUK

His stare is the only language that he needs

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I lived in Iran for 2 years amongst the locals and learned hardly any Farsi.
I lived in Spanish speaking Cadiz and learned very little Spanish
I lived in Bournemouth for a year and learned minimal Dorsetish
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES