watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match thread: Cardiff, Birmingham, and Sunderland in action

Started by Milo, April 21, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

A thread to discuss today's big games elsewhere in the Championship.

Birmingham v Sheffield
Ideal result: Could go either way here. A safe Birmingham would take the sting out of our final game there... but some favour Sheffield United as potential playoff opponents so 3 points for them could be advantageous.

Sunderland v Burton
Ideal result: Burton win and Sunderland are all but down and out before next week.

Cardiff v Forest
Ideal result: Need I even say it?

Milo

Sheffield United taken early lead at Birmingham. Not looking good for our final game of the season... what a game that'll be.

Woolly Mammoth

The only result I am interested in today is the Forest match, as all the others are in our hands, and if we cannot currently beat Sunderland and Birmingham anywhere at any time, then we only have ourselves to blame.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sherlock

Spent most of the past few weeks looking up at Cardiff, hadn't really considered who I'd like to finish 6th if we're in the play offs. I'd happily play Millwall, Preston or Derby over 2 legs. Would be a little more nervous about Sheffield Utd or Middlesborough and would 100% like to avoid Brentford. Hate to admit it but they're a great team and we always struggle against them

Milo

Boro leading Derby. Big game on Tuesday v Cardiff if scores stay like this.

Elsewhere Hull maintaining fine form with a 1-0 away lead at Bristol. Need to keep that up for their Cardiff game.

Villa also winning although largely arbitrary.

Wingnut

Sunderland 1-0. Big goal for them. Birmingham level. Hope they are home and hosed by the time we play them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Milo

Equaliser for Birmingham. Although the 3 points going either way can be construed as beneficial for us... a draw really helps NOONE.

St Eve

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Sherlock on April 21, 2018, 03:23:36 PM
Spent most of the past few weeks looking up at Cardiff, hadn't really considered who I'd like to finish 6th if we're in the play offs. I'd happily play Millwall, Preston or Derby over 2 legs. Would be a little more nervous about Sheffield Utd or Middlesborough and would 100% like to avoid Brentford. Hate to admit it but they're a great team and we always struggle against them

Fear not, we would beat all of these teams over 2 legs. Brentford caught us on a bad day and we still nearly got all 3 points. The away game was ruined by a red card. They're not top 6 because they're not good enough. We battered SU in the home game and beat them away despite giving away comical goals. Boro are erratic but I would still fancy us over them.

grandad

Really happy that we have secured a play off place at least. Would not like being part of the scrap for 5th & 6th. 2 places being fought by 7 teams.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ProfficerFFC

The second biggest game after Cardiff vs Forest is Brentford vs QPR - if Brentford win, they could easily finish 6th, which would be a disaster...
If there's one team I want to avoid in the playoffs, it's Brentford.

Jimsbeerbelly

All the teams we want to do us a favour v Cardiff, are getting well beat this week.

Derby 0-2 Down at home to Boro

Hull getting spanked 4-2 away to Bristol City

Reading, who Slav thinks will cause an upset  1500.gif 0-2 Down away at Wednesday

Jimsbeerbelly

Sgt Fulham

Really starting to believe that Hull (A) for Cardiff may work in our favour. A demoralising last minute equaliser for Derby during midweek should set that, and us, up nicely.

ProfficerFFC

Bristol City 4-4 Hull
and Brentford 2-1 QPR , it's all set up for them to finish 6th.

grandad

Not worried about who we might play in the semi´s but the prospect of playing either Villa or Boro in the Final.

Jimsbeerbelly

grandad