watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cardiff vs Forest

Started by PhilEsh, April 21, 2018, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

I was actually pretty happy Forest didn't at least get knocked for 6. Last nights 3 goals have done us wonders as we have a +4 goal difference over Cardif at the moment and that's worth half a point.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

terryr

We need to keep winning
Either we go up auto or whoever we play in the ply offs will have no self belief and will be shaking.
Either way......I BELIEVE!!!!
End of

BedsFFC

I loved Journo, Dave Kidd's line during match...Cardiff keep winning line-out deep in the Forest 22

Stevieboy

Forest should have got something from the game tonight.
They tried to play football and gave as good as they got.....unfortunately their finishing was woeful.
It's not how good Cardiff are but how bad their opponents are at the moment.
Still,think we'll do it....maybe on the last day.....will be another Pompey day!!

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif KEEP BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

YankeeJim

If Cardiff beat Derby, that will put them up four with two to play. We should then plan on the playoffs and rest some folks. If we can't beat a relegated Sunderland while sitting some folks, then we are not as good as I think we are. I'd sit Sess, Johanson, Carney and Fred. Maybe give Kalas and AK a start to get them ready for the playoffs. The one thing that worries me is another half like the second against the Ha-Ha's or the first on Friday.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ffc73

If Derby do not beat Cardiff then not only is second even more unlikely for us than it is now but we should start preparing for a playoff game against Brentford.

They have 2 winnable fixtures (Barnsley a & Hull h) whereas the others are playing one another & cannot buy a win

Fulham 442

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 21, 2018, 09:55:54 PM
Quote from: grandad on April 21, 2018, 09:54:25 PM
Quote from: cookieg on April 21, 2018, 09:51:15 PM
Unfortunately the Brentford and QPR draws have been our undoing. I know promotion is achieved over 46 games but those two were particularly punishing.
Sadly those dropped 4 points alone will haunt us.

Or when we lost away to Burton and Sunderland?  No use crying over spilt milk.  Are people really surprised that Cardiff won tonight?  We'll know where we stand after they play Derby on Tuesday.  For the time being it's by no means over. If you need cheering up have another look at McDonald's goal.

I think we were all meaning the draws against QPR and Brentford were very costly because they took place during our unbeaten run.  We have had five draws during that spell and would have been better off with three wins and two losses but it is what it is!  As you say we will have a clearer picture after Tuesday night.

KJS

I am just thankful that I don't have to watch dross football like that every week in fact I have seen the ball at Twickenham on the deck more than under one of Colins sides 🏈

MJG

Quote from: grandad on April 21, 2018, 09:54:25 PM
Quote from: cookieg on April 21, 2018, 09:51:15 PM
Unfortunately the Brentford and QPR draws have been our undoing. I know promotion is achieved over 46 games but those two were particularly punishing.
Sadly those dropped 4 points alone will haunt us.
at the other end of spectrum our injury  time equalisers and winners  gave us points.
Just the views of a long term fan

Andy S

The problem is it is effective as Wimbledon proved all those years ago. Watford too under Graham Taylor. I wish I could say they ar certain to get relegated next season if they were to get promoted but all teams struggle to combat high balls coming at them for 90 minutes. That is why they play that game

toshes mate

Results are what are behind every side's league position, and, why we may not like it, Cardiff have more points than we do and a game in hand. That is the fact as it stands after last night's game.  We cannot change any of that.

What irks me just a little, since it does have some bearing over how games pan out, is the controversial choice of Mr Bankes to referee Cardiff's game against Forest last night rather than the selection of a PL experienced referee, e.g. Mr Marriner, for our game at the New Den.  I have noticed that no matter what job Mr Bankes performs it always involved stand up comedy, and there was no lack of jokes on offer last night.  As an example Marriner saw fit to penalise Wallace's assault on Targett, Friday night, but neither Mr Bankes nor his assistants could see Gunnarsson's deliberate impedance and obstruction of the Forest keeper, for the host's first goal as a foul although it most certainly looked that way to my eyes, since he made no attempt to go near the ball.  Why can't we have decent referees for all the critical matches to be played between now and the play off final? 

ffc73

Quote from: Statto on April 22, 2018, 09:03:23 AM
Quote from: FFC73 on April 22, 2018, 05:52:40 AM
If Derby do not beat Cardiff then not only is second even more unlikely for us than it is now but we should start preparing for a playoff game against Brentford.

I can guarantee that, rightly or wrongly, We will be focusing on automatic promotion until it's mathematically impossible. So even if Cardiff win on Tuesday, we will be playing our best team versus Sunderland, and unless they beat both derby and hull, our best XI will be giving it 100% versus Birmingham as well

I totally agree Statto.  Our focus should be on automatic promotion until it is mathematically impossible for us to achieve 2nd.  My earlier post was negative and I apologise unreservedly. 

My head says that I cannot see Cardiff not beating Derby and Reading with us meeting Brentford in 3v6.  My heart says of course Cardiff can drop points and we can win both our remaining games.  COYW

Woolly Mammoth

Let us check the facts.
I have looked in my Crystal Ball 🔮 in a Mystic Meg kind of way, lo and behold it is telling me that one way or another we will win our matches v Sunderland and Birmingham City, or I am not a Hairy Elephant 🐘.
That's Six points in my wife's hand bag and 91 well earned points.
It also deduces that this outfit who call themselves Cardiff or something like that, led my a Warlock only have the ability if they are lucky enough to only win one out of their remaining fixtures, that's no more than 5 points at the most.
So they are Kippered and will then lose in the play offs, and Warlock will be spending the summer in the Funny Farm after combusting and bursting into 🔥 flames.
Blaming everyone from the 4th Official to the Tea Lady.
Even the snow will get some stick, as well as Sepp Blatter.
So nothing to worry about, it's all agreed and settled.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

PhilEsh

Quote from: JoelH5 on April 21, 2018, 10:07:01 PM
I was actually pretty happy Forest didn't at least get knocked for 6. Last nights 3 goals have done us wonders as we have a +4 goal difference over Cardif at the moment and that's worth half a point.

Quite right!

They didn't play well and scored in their usual way of bossing the set pieces. Saying that Forest are the team in the league with the worst record for defending set pieces.

All commentary confirmed how badly Cardiff played, so if they come up against a Derby team who are motivated, then I see it being a totally different story.