watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jadon Sancho vs. Ryan Sessegnon

Started by Lyle from Hangeland, April 22, 2018, 04:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle from Hangeland

Jadon Sancho had a heck of a game for Borussia Dortmund today versus Bayer Leverkusen. Scored a nice Sessegnon-like goal, but then later had an unbelievable assist where he showed off sublime touch while running full tilt. He looks better than Ryan, to be honest.  If true, Ryan will have some mighty tough competition for a national team spot on the left wing. They essentially play the same position, from the looks of it.

Milo

Bodes pretty well for 2022 World Cup!

fulhamben

If he opts for England that is. I'm presuming he qualifies for Trinidad, and if he stays in Germany for 5 years then he could play for them too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

If they're both that good I imagine whoever is manager will make space for both of them and also that both players would adapt and cut in from the right if needed.

hovewhite

Sess is a real real talent,with the head of a 26 years old.

bog

Quote from: hovewhite on April 22, 2018, 09:54:21 AM
Sess is a real real talent,with the head of a 26 years old.

:plus one:

toshes mate

Why is it always 'who is betterest' these days?  They are two different young players and who is better is surely, at their respective ages of 17 and 18, a subjective rather than objective matter.

Fernhurst

His salute of the fans on Friday night will live with me for the rest of my days...

His love of our club is so genuine, he will always be ours wherever he goes.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on April 22, 2018, 09:18:33 AM
If he opts for England that is. I'm presuming he qualifies for Trinidad, and if he stays in Germany for 5 years then he could play for them too

Sess could start playing for Benin as well I presume.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on April 22, 2018, 12:50:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 22, 2018, 09:18:33 AM

Sess could start playing for Benin as well I presume.
I had to Google that country. Would that also give him the option of France, like it did with Vieira
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Statto on April 22, 2018, 09:35:31 AM
He's scored a (yes "a") goal and suddenly he looks better than ryan?

When he scores 15 and wins the league's player of the year award then i might be interested in comparisons.

although even then the first thing i will be pointing out is that ryan is still a year younger than this guy

and why isn't he even in the england u21s?

Jadon Sancho has been injured and hasn't played a full season. He was on England's U17 World Cup champion team. He plays in the Bundesliga for a Champions League side. He's playing against better players. Looks real good.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: toshes mate on April 22, 2018, 10:51:55 AM
Why is it always 'who is betterest' these days?  They are two different young players and who is better is surely, at their respective ages of 17 and 18, a subjective rather than objective matter.

It's not, but it is fun to compare players. Hardly anyone knows who Jadon Sancho is, compared to Ryan. They play the same position basically and are about the same age. They could be in competition with each other for a national team spot in the future. Hopefully both have awesome careers.

colinwhite

The remarkable thing about Ryan is the consitency of his performance for a 17 year old . Many of that age have great talent and produce it now and again but he does it every week. A seasoned pro like KMac doesnt to give uneccessary praise to his team mates i would imagine and to read what he thinks of Ryan says it all. His foremost quality is a very high lowest level of performance ,and that is what makes him stand out for a kid of his age.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: colinwhite on April 23, 2018, 06:01:49 AM
The remarkable thing about Ryan is the consitency of his performance for a 17 year old . Many of that age have great talent and produce it now and again but he does it every week. A seasoned pro like KMac doesnt to give uneccessary praise to his team mates i would imagine and to read what he thinks of Ryan says it all. His foremost quality is a very high lowest level of performance ,and that is what makes him stand out for a kid of his age.

I really agree with "his foremost quality is a very high lowest level of performance". And he's getting better.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Statto on April 22, 2018, 09:35:31 AM
He's scored a (yes "a") goal and suddenly he looks better than ryan?

When he scores 15 and wins the league's player of the year award then i might be interested in comparisons.

although even then the first thing i will be pointing out is that ryan is still a year younger than this guy

and why isn't he even in the england u21s?
Was it better than the Sess goals against Sheffield United when he scored Three?

HatterDon

I watch every Dortmund match -- have for a couple of seasons now. I've seen Sancho play often and this last match was, by far, his best. But here's a couple of mitigating factors to consider if you're going to rate him above Sess.

1. His teammates include German internationals and his team generally finishes 2nd in the Bundesliga. You ALWAYS look better when your teammates are better.

2. Sess went from the best left back in the league to the best left wing attacker in the league -- all in the same season.

Now, ten years from now, Sancho may have enjoyed the better career, but right now Sess is a critical part of a team that is dominating its league. Sancho is a peripheral player on a team that [by its own standards] has underperformed this season. Sancho started Saturday because some key attackers were unable to participate. He'll likely be back on the bench next weekend. Sess? He started yesterday because without him, we're looking forward to another mid-table finish in the second tier.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel