watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (23/04/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 23, 2018, 06:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Why Spurs, Liverpool and Man United target Ryan Sessegnon should follow Dele Alli's example

The transfer race is on for the Championship starlet this summer after a stunning season at Craven Cottage

Former Fulham striker Leroy Rosenior believes that Ryan Sessegnon should stay at the club despite strong interest from Tottenham Hotspur.

Sessegnon has enjoyed a sensational season for the Cottagers with 15 goals and six assists and he was recognised at the EFL Awards as the best player in the Championship.

The England under-21 international was also named in the Championship PFA team of the year for the second consecutive season.

The 17-year-old is wanted by a host of top Premier League clubs with a bidding war expected in the summer as Spurs, Liverpool, Man City, Manchester United look to make their moves.

However, speaking exclusively to BristolLive, Rosenior explained that playing regular football in the Championship or Premier League with Fulham would be best for the youngster's development.

(Image: PA)

"I look at Sessegnon, who has won so many awards in recent weeks, and you can see that he wants to get into the Premier League with Fulham.

"But this is his second full season with the club and he knows that the experience of playing is so much more important.

"You look at Dele Alli as an example. He had three or four good seasons at MK Dons before going to Spurs and hitting the ground running. There's no reason that Ryan can't do the same"

Rosenior understands that Sessegnon's family is pushing for the teenager to remain at Craven Cottage despite Spurs and their rivals planning big-money moves in the summer.

Jamie Paterson of Bristol City is challenged by Ryan Sessegnon (Image: Rogan Thomson/JMP)

He added: "I hear rumours about Tottenham interest.

"He's been strongly linked with Spurs with Danny Rose having his problems there. But I do hear that he has a very stable family who desperately want him to stay with Fulham to progress his career.

"That would give him the opportunity to develop very nicely at a fantastic football club.

"Sometimes it's best to stay at a Championship club and play 30 to 40 games in a season rather than sitting on the bench in the Premier League or in the under-23s.

"He needs to be playing and to be in an environment where he feels comfortable makes sense. My message to him is not to go too early."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/spurs-liverpool-man-united-target-1486694

WhiteJC

Neil Warnock: Cardiff's spirit makes up for their limitations

Neil Warnock has warned Championship promotion rivals Fulham that Cardiff City's "limitations" are more than made up for by their spirit.

Cardiff almost lost top-two initiative on Friday when Liam Bridcutt's goal nearly gave Nottingham Forest a draw.

But the Bluebirds responded through Aron Gunnarsson to win 2-1 and leapfrog Fulham into second with a game in hand.

"Goodness knows what Fulham must think; [they're] 22 games undefeated and we're over them like a rash," said Warnock.

Cardiff play Derby on Tuesday, the rearrange fixture after the original was postponed due to snow, before Fulham welcome Sunderland to Craven Cottage on Friday evening.

Derby game postponement 'disgraceful' - Warnock
    'I did not realise Warnock was a health and safety inspector' - Rowett

Victory for Warnock's team would see them earn a place in the Premier League if the Cottagers then lose to the Chris Coleman's relegated Black Cats.

"Let's cross that bridge if we come to it," said Warnock of promotion possibilities. "Derby County away, Hull City away, and then Reading at home - it's as tough as they come.

"I don't think there's any easy games - but what I do know is that we're going to be fighting right to the end, and whatever limitations we've got, the one thing they can't take away from us is our team spirit, it's fantastic."

Fulham's 3-0 win over Millwall on Friday gave fresh confidence for the London side as they extended their unbeaten run to 22 games.

'We'll fight to the end'
Warnock is aiming for an eighth promotion, which would be a record, and has described his current group as on a par with the previous sides he has led to the top-flight.

"They've got that character my promotion sides have had," said the former Sheffield United and QPR boss.

"On a normal season, Fulham would be out of sight with Wolves because they're such a fabulous side, but it's not a normal season - they've got us scratching at their heels and we'll fight to the end.

"(To go) 22 games unbeaten in the Championship takes some doing, all credit to them, but we're not going to give in without a fight. We'll be ready for Tuesday.

"And if it's not promotion through automatic, we'll give it a go in the play-off, I enjoy Wembley."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43856103

WhiteJC

Man Utd to lock horns with PSG and Real Madrid for Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon

MANCHESTER UNITED could face serious competition for Fulham sensation Ryan Sessegnon.

Fulham star Ryan Sessegnon is wanted by Man Utd

That's according to The Express who claim PSG believe they can win the race for his signature.

The 17-year-old left-back is one of Europe's hottest prospects and has been regularly scouted by an array of elite clubs.

It's suggested Real Madrid are now also taking an interest following his dazzling form.

Despite his relative youth, Sessegnon scored his 15th goal of the season at Millwall on Friday night.

If United manage to snare Fulham's prized asset, he could replace Luke Shaw at Old Trafford.

However, Sessegnon has admitted he idolised the former Southampton star when growing up.

"When I was younger I had two players: Luke Shaw and Gareth Bale," he told The Telegraph.

"When Shaw was at Southampton he was a left-back and I loved watching him bomb up and down the wing, create goals, score goals, so I think I try to emulate that. Gareth Bale same thing really.

"At younger ages I was more attacking, and had a striker role through the middle, but as I progressed they pushed me towards left-back.

"I think they saw the energy and endurance that I have to get up and down the pitch and they just tried to change my game, more for my physical attributes than how I see the game.

If you can play a variety of positions quite well it gives the manager the option to play you in that position, for one.

"I don't think at a young age you know your position well enough so to have one or two is good."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/697699/Fulham-Ryan-Sessegnon-Man-Utd-news-gossip

WhiteJC

Fulham face battle to keep star man as West Ham prepare summer swoop

West Ham United are ready to compete with Fulham for the signing of Ryan Fredericks, according to a report by the print edition of The Sunday People via the Sky Sports News Paper Talk page.

Ryan Fredericks is out of contract in the summer and West Ham are hoping to poach him from Fulham.

The Hammers are thought to be long term admirers of the right back, who was named in the EFL and PFA Championship Team of the Year.

The 25-year-old is out of contract in the summer and Arsenal are also thought to be keen on snapping him up on a free transfer.

Fulham are desperate to keep the attack-minded full back but will have to fend off interest from West Ham to keep their prize asset.

The Cottagers, who currently sit third in the Championship table, are hoping to win promotion to the Premier League and believe that will help to keep Fredericks at the club this summer.

But West Ham are monitoring his contract situation and are ready to swoop for the former Spurs star.

The Irons are also believed to be interested in Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney and on-loan Newcastle forward Aleksandar Mitrovic too.

The Verdict

West Ham will be a tempting move for Fredericks to make in the summer if Fulham fail to win promotion as they are likely to offer him regular game time in the Premier League. However, if Fulham go up, I believe that Fredericks will stay at Craven Cottage. And this would be the sensible option, too, as he is settled in West London.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-face-battle-to-keep-star-man-as-west-ham-prepare-summer-swoop/

WhiteJC

Wolves and Fulham face Premier League competition in race for 'Iranian Messi'

Freshly promoted Wolves are looking to boost their squad with the capture of a player labelled 'the Iranian Messi', but they face stiff competition from Fulham and Leicester.

The Sunday People (April 22nd Page 48) via HITC Sport reports that both Championship clubs are hunting 23-year-old Sardar Azmoun who currently plays in Russia with Rubin Kazan, but Claude Puel is also keen on taking him to the King Power Stadium.

Azmoun is an attacking player who can sit behind the front two or play anywhere across the attack.

He's two-footed and has scored four goals and has five assists to his name this season.

He's set to star for Iran in the World Cup this summer and has been touted as the 'Iranian Messi' by British media for at least two years now.

Wolves will be looking to add to their attacking options following promotion to the Premier League, with loan player Leo Bonatini yet to learn whether he'll be joining the club permanently.

Fulham also have Aleksandar Mitrovic on loan but will be looking for permanent deals for players in the summer.

The Verdict

I'm not one who likes these tags 'Iranian Messi' and the like; players should be allowed to be themselves without a huge billing to live up to.

Azmoun has played much of his football in Russia and will be used to the climate and atmosphere in the summer, but I can't see him nor Iran standing out at all.

What impact he might have in the Premier League remains to be seen, but he certainly isn't the marquee singing Wolves fans will be hoping for.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-and-fulham-face-premier-league-competition-in-race-for-iranian-messi/

WhiteJC

Premier League club slap £20m price tag on Fulham transfer target

Fulham have been asked to stump up £20m if they want to sign Newcastle United striker Aleksandar Mitrovic on a permanent deal, according to the print edition of The Sunday People via the Sky Sports News Paper Talk page.

Mitrovic has been a revelation on loan at Craven Cottage since joining the Championship side on loan in the January transfer window.

The physical centre forward has scored 11 goals and added one assist in his 15 games for Fulham so far, helping to spearhead the West London side's automatic promotion bid.

Mitrovic netted the third in Fulham's 3-0 win over Millwall on Friday evening to maintain the pressure on second placed Cardiff City and add to his own burgeoning reputation.

The 23-year-old is down the pecking order at Newcastle United and could be sold permanently in the summer.

But the Magpies are demanding £20m for the Serbian international, which might price Fulham out of a move, especially if they fail to win promotion to the Premier League this season.

Mitrovic has had an up and down career at St James' Park.

He has really impressed sometimes with goals and how he makes life difficult for defenders but on other occasions, he has shown ill discipline and a loss of form.

But he has been excellent at Fulham and Slavisa Jokanovic may take a £20m gamble.

The Verdict

I think that if Fulham win promotion, then they should try to bargain this price down. If they could snap him up for £15m, then they have a top young striker on their books. Fulham have shown Mitrovic a bit of love and he has responded with goals and excellent performances up top – I am sure he'd love to remain at Craven Cottage if they go up.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/premier-league-club-slap-20m-price-tag-on-fulham-transfer-target/

WhiteJC

Liverpool transfer news: James Maddison on verge of signing with Ryan Sessegnon deal close
LIVERPOOL are reportedly closing in on deals to sign Norwich and Fulham wonderkids Ryan Sessegnon and James Maddison.

Liverpool are in the mix to sign the two players with Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal also attentive to their situations.

Jurgen Klopp has not broke the bank during his time with the Reds, instead pursuing deals he views as good value for money.

And website Anfield Edition claim Liverpool are on the verge of bringing both Sessegnon and Maddison to the club.

It is said Norwich City star Maddison expects to be part of the Reds' set-up next season.

The 21-year-old has bagged 15 goals from 46 appearances despite the Canaries floundering under Daniel Farke this season.

Chelsea have appeared frontrunners to secure his signature.

But Maddison supposedly expects to be turning out for Liverpool next term alongside close friend Trent Alexander-Arnold.

The duo share a room together when on international duty with England's Under-21 side.

And Anfield Edition also say Sessegnon is closing in on a deal to sign for Liverpool too.

The Reds are supposedly locked in talks with the Fulham star's agent over a transfer.

The 17-year-old has bagged a stunning 15 goals and weighed in with five assists from 47 appearances.

And Liverpool are reportedly confident he will be their player next season.

United, Barcelona and PSG also want to snap him up.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/949590/Liverpool-transfer-news-Norwich-City-James-Maddison-Fulham-Ryan-Sessegnon

WhiteJC

The Cardiff City, Fulham, Aston Villa Premier League promotion battle — the dream and nightmare run-in scenarios

It promises to be nip and tuck between Cardiff and Fulham right down to the final minute of the Championship season

The battle for promotion to the Premier League is set to go right to the wire, following another dramatic weekend when Cardiff City, Fulham and Aston Villa each won.

Neil Warnock's Bluebirds are in pole position, a point clear of Fulham and with a game in hand at Derby County on Tuesday night.

But the Cottagers won't go away and have two seemingly winnable games left on paper against Chris Coleman's woeful Sunderland and Garry Monk's struggling Birmingam.

Aston Villa, four points behind the Bluebirds, also still have a mathematical chance of second spot and are waiting in the wings should Cardiff and Fulham each slip up.

That, of course, is highly unlikely — meaning realistically it's a straight fight between the Bluebirds and the Whites for a place in the Premier League.

But which of the two teams will get there? We look into the crystal ball to take a look at the remaining fixtures and two scenarios that could play out ... one which will have Bluebirds fans drooling, the other being the ultimate nightmare.

THE DREAM SCENARIO (and the most likely one)
Tuesday night

Derby 1 Cardiff City 2

Cardiff's game in hand has been their get-out-of-jail card for a while. Even when Fulham edged ahead as the Bluebirds lost consecutive games against Wolves and Aston Villa, Warnock's men had this rearranged game up their sleeves.

With so much riding on Tuesday night, taking into account the off-field shenanigans between the two sides that bring extra spice to an already momentous fixture, it's easy to see the Bluebirds up the ante.

They've thrived with the pressure on this season. Gary Rowett's men have done the opposite, the defeat at home to Middlesbrough at the weekend meaning this is a must-win if the Rams are to maintain their play-off hopes.

Expect Cardiff to edge a thrilling encounter.

Where it would leave the table (April 24)

2. Cardiff City — Played 44, 89 points (GD +31)

3. Fulham — Played 44, 85 points (GD +34)

4. Aston Villa — Played 44, 82 points (GD +31)

Friday night

Fulham 5 Sunderland 0

Slavisa Jokanovic's side, again playing on a Friday night, have another chance to put down a marker and close the gap to a single point, assuming Cardiff win at Derby.

With Sunderland already relegated and in dire straits, this should be an absolute hammering at Craven Cottage.

The way Fulham are playing, it could be a cricket score, meaning pressure back on Cardiff, who play a day after once more.

Saturday afternoon

Aston Villa 1 Derby 1

By this point, the form of Cardiff and Fulham should mean Villa are out of the automatic promotion hunt. Given Derby will be in the last chance saloon for the play-offs, Steve Bruce's side may drop points again to confirm their fourth-placed finish.

Hull 3 Cardiff City 3

Hull are free-scoring and in excellent form under Nigel Adkins, with the trip to Humberside an awkward fixture for Cardiff. The Tigers' run of just three defeats in their past 12 matches is nothing like lower mid-table form.

Wales starlet Harry Wilson has been among the goals and in Kamil Grosicki they have one of the division's foremost talents.

After scoring 16 goals in four games, Hull will trouble Cardiff's defence but expect Warnock's side to match them stride for stride and earn a respectable point.

Where it would leave the table (April 29)

2. Cardiff City — Played 45, 90 points (GD +31)

3. Fulham — Played 45, 88 points (GD +39)

4. Aston Villa — Played 45, 83 points (GD +31)

The final Sunday (May 6)

Birmingham 1 Fulham 1

The final games of the season kick off simultaneously at 12.30pm, meaning Fulham and Cardiff fans will be tuning into their radios or be glued to the Twitter feed on their phones.

And although the Blues may be secure by this point, they are a rejuvenated side under Monk and will provide stiff opposition for Fulham.

With the pressure on Jokanovic's men to gain the three points and hope for a Cardiff mistake, they could be caught cold.

Cardiff 2 Reading 0

If the Bluebirds go into this game with a two-point head start on Fulham, a draw won't be enough.

But with a full house cheering them on, the Bluebirds should rise to the promotion party and clinch a memorable victory. Expect pitch invasions, scenes of wild celebration and an ecstatic Warnock.

Villa travel to Millwall on that final day, with the teams surely jostling for top six berths by that point.

How the final table could look

2. Cardiff City — Played 46, 93 points (GD +33)

3. Fulham — Played 46, 89 points (GD +39)

4. Aston Villa — Played 46, 86 points (GD +31)

THE ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO (Bluebirds miss out on goal difference)

This would see the Bluebirds drawing their games at Derby and Hull — a real possibility — while Fulham smash Sunderland.

It would therefore mean Fulham and Cardiff go into the final day on 88 points apiece and Cottagers well ahead on goal difference, leaving Cardiff needing to better the Whites' result on May 6.

If Fulham beat Birmingham at St Andrews, Cardiff would have to beat Reading by an absolute hatful (possibly seven or eight goals), which is an unlikely prospect given the majority of Bluebirds wins have been by narrow margins this season.

Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham celebrates

They could each end up on 91 points, but Bluebirds would drop into the play-offs on goal difference.

This would be the most agonising way to miss out and would replicate what happened to Brighton in 2015/16 when Chris Hughton's men played Middlesbrough, their direct rivals for second place, on the final day and drew 1-1, leaving them behind on goal difference.

It's a very unpalatable prospect for Bluebirds fans, but remains a possibility.

Let's hope it turns out to be the former, more palatable, scenario we outlined.

What this does, of course, is emphasise the need for Cardiff to win one of their away games at Derby or Hull. A win in one and defeat in the other would leave the Bluebirds better placed than remaining unbeaten with two draws.

Because Fulham's goal difference looks like being better, Cardiff have to go into the final weekend at least a point clear. Then, if they beat Reading, promotion is theirs - even if Fulham batter Birmingham 10-0!

WHAT THE BOOKIES SAY
They say the bookmakers are the men who know best... so take comfort Bluebirds fans. Warnock's Barmy Army are heading into the Premier League according to the betting companies.

Cardiff 1/4, Fulham 5/6 is their take on things.

The situation is still very much in the Bluebirds' hands thanks to the win over Forest, with two wins from the final three games enough.

The way they've been going, you wouldn't bet against them. The bookies certainly don't.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-fulham-aston-villa-14561183

WhiteJC

Roy Bentley: 1924-2018

Everyone at Fulham was saddened to learn of the passing of our former player Roy Bentley.

Having been a regular scorer for Newcastle United, Roy joined Chelsea in 1948 and went on to lead them to their first ever top flight title.

He remains the Blues' fifth highest scorer of all time.

Roy made the short switch to Craven Cottage in 1956 and went on to make 158 appearances for the Whites over four years, helping us to an FA Cup Semi-Final in 1958.

A spell at Queens Park Rangers followed for the forward, who boasted an impressive strike rate of nine goals in 12 England appearances, while he also represented his country at the 1950 World Cup.

All at Fulham would like to offer our condolences to Roy's family and friends at this time.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/21/roy-bentley-1924-2018

WhiteJC

Two Premier League players Fulham can realistically sign this summer

Fulham maintained their push towards the Premier League with an excellent 3-0 win over Millwall on Friday night, and they remain right in the mix despite Cardiff City winning against Nottingham Forest last night.

The Cottagers have been excellent all season, and led by the likes of Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney, have played some of the most visually entertaining football we have seen in the Championship.

Promotion is still a possibility, but regardless of division, manager Slavisa Jokanovic will be keen on making some summer additions to add to what is already a talented squad.

We at FLW think plenty of players will be interested in playing their football at Craven Cottage, and we think that there's some players already in the Premier League who will be interested in making the move to the Cottage.

With that in mind, we've taken a closer look and picked out TWO Premier League players who Fulham could look to sign this summer...

Ademola Lookman

The young forward has already been on loan from Everton this season, spending his time in Germany with RB Liepzig, and a loan move next season would not be off the table either.

The former Charlton man is a player full of ability and confidence, and at first glance, would appear to fit right in with how Fulham play their football in an attacking sense.

Pacey, good in front of goal, and no doubt wanting first team action, Lookman would be a superb addition for the Cottagers.

Josh Sims

The young Southampton man has been once again making his case for more game time this season, and despite the Saints struggling down at the bottom end of the table, he remains a player with immense potential.

Able to play on either wing or up top, Sims is someone who would no doubt relish the chance of playing regular football with Fulham, whether that be in the Championship or the top flight.

Sims could do an excellent job with the Cottagers, and Southampton might well be keen to get their man some regular minutes at the same time.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/two-premier-league-players-fulham-can-realistically-sign-this-summer/

JoelH5

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 23, 2018, 06:59:51 AM

Neil Warnock: Cardiff's spirit makes up for their limitations

Neil Warnock has warned Championship promotion rivals Fulham that Cardiff City's "limitations" are more than made up for by their spirit.

Cardiff almost lost top-two initiative on Friday when Liam Bridcutt's goal nearly gave Nottingham Forest a draw.

But the Bluebirds responded through Aron Gunnarsson to win 2-1 and leapfrog Fulham into second with a game in hand.

"Goodness knows what Fulham must think; [they're] 22 games undefeated and we're over them like a rash," said Warnock.

Cardiff play Derby on Tuesday, the rearrange fixture after the original was postponed due to snow, before Fulham welcome Sunderland to Craven Cottage on Friday evening.

Derby game postponement 'disgraceful' - Warnock
    'I did not realise Warnock was a health and safety inspector' - Rowett

Victory for Warnock's team would see them earn a place in the Premier League if the Cottagers then lose to the Chris Coleman's relegated Black Cats.

"Let's cross that bridge if we come to it," said Warnock of promotion possibilities. "Derby County away, Hull City away, and then Reading at home - it's as tough as they come.

"I don't think there's any easy games - but what I do know is that we're going to be fighting right to the end, and whatever limitations we've got, the one thing they can't take away from us is our team spirit, it's fantastic."

Fulham's 3-0 win over Millwall on Friday gave fresh confidence for the London side as they extended their unbeaten run to 22 games.

'We'll fight to the end'
Warnock is aiming for an eighth promotion, which would be a record, and has described his current group as on a par with the previous sides he has led to the top-flight.

"They've got that character my promotion sides have had," said the former Sheffield United and QPR boss.

"On a normal season, Fulham would be out of sight with Wolves because they're such a fabulous side, but it's not a normal season - they've got us scratching at their heels and we'll fight to the end.

"(To go) 22 games unbeaten in the Championship takes some doing, all credit to them, but we're not going to give in without a fight. We'll be ready for Tuesday.

"And if it's not promotion through automatic, we'll give it a go in the play-off, I enjoy Wembley."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43856103

He really has lost the plot - "Derby County away, Hull City away, and then Reading at home - it's as tough as they come.

And then scratching at our heels? All they have to do is win two out of three games against struggling sides. They can even afford to lose one! Colin's lost his marbles
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Warlock was never born, they had to drill for him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stevieboy

It amazes me the dross that is turned out by the 'sports' pages. 086.gif

Suddenly Liverpool are favourites to sign Ryan!! 064.gif

Level headed as he is can you realistically see a 17 year old moving from Roehampton to Madrid,Barcelona,Paris or Monaco......or Liverpool for that matter :005:

West Ham want Cairney AND Mitrovic......where are they going to get the best part of £50million front? :012:

Would be nice to believe that Newcastle are prepared to sell Mitro....when we go up I think it's a no brainier but maybe a bit of negotiation needed. :Haynes The Maestro:

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif KEEP BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Stevieboy on April 23, 2018, 11:02:59 AM
It amazes me the dross that is turned out by the 'sports' pages. 086.gif

Suddenly Liverpool are favourites to sign Ryan!! 064.gif

Level headed as he is can you realistically see a 17 year old moving from Roehampton to Madrid,Barcelona,Paris or Monaco......or Liverpool for that matter :005:

West Ham want Cairney AND Mitrovic......where are they going to get the best part of £50million front? :012:

Would be nice to believe that Newcastle are prepared to sell Mitro....when we go up I think it's a no brainier but maybe a bit of negotiation needed. :Haynes The Maestro:

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif KEEP BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

I visit Liverpool once a year to look at my hub caps.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

In the late 1980s I was at University in Liverpool.  Oh the delight of coming into Liverpool Lime Street and seeing the delightful message "FCUK OFF COCKNEYS" written in large font on a wall just outside the station.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 23, 2018, 04:49:39 PM
In the late 1980s I was at University in Liverpool.  Oh the delight of coming into Liverpool Lime Street and seeing the delightful message "FCUK OFF COCKNEYS" written in large font on a wall just outside the station.
Yeh, can't spell either can they!  :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham Joe

Someone also doesn't understand gambling odds.
They are talking about the automatic promotion spot, but the odds quoted can only be for promotion, a race where Cardiff and Fulham could both possibly be winners.
If the odds were for the Automatic promotion spot only, then Fulham would be about 5/2, and not the ridiculous 5/6 quoted.