more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would we have got automatic promotion by now if

Started by The Old Count, April 23, 2018, 07:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

keithh

I guess it's only natural at this stage of the season to reflect "lost" points. It may be that different folk think back on games we didn't win; players/staff who made a difference either positive or negative. It was only 5 months ago that I was hoping we could end up in the top half. Who would have thought (I bet there's someone) that we'd be discussing automatic promotion. Just hope & trust that the team continue with their winning ways right to the end.

One Martin Thomas

I am not so sure.... would we have Cairney??

We did have a crap summer window and needed a left back, striker and centre back! If we got the CB in January I think we would be 2nd by now. I have been amazed by how average Kalas has been this yr ... big IFs

filham

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on April 24, 2018, 09:17:09 AM
Probably yes. The transfer business of last summer was a disaster. The January window papered over the cracks but the reality is, we are still only 1-2 injuries away from disaster. The squad has been scaringly thin all season and it still is. If Odoi hadn't converted to CB so brilliantly we WOULD have been in trouble. BIG trouble! Looking at the injury lists of practically every other club throughout the season... if we were in a similar situation we would be starting youngsters.

Big thumbs up  :54: to the medical staff and the players for staying fit! We can still do it!  049:gif
Be careful what we say , still time for injuries or red cards to strike in the engine room and destroy our play off chances.

The Old Count

Quote from: KJS on April 24, 2018, 12:05:49 PM
And we would most probably still be in the Premier League if we hadn't been relegated!!

And I would have won the Euro millions on Friday if I'd had the winning numbers!!

Change the record and live in the present not the past, there is nothing certain about anything in this world let alone football so stop stressing and enjoy the time you have left on the planet!!

Not stressing just speculating on outcome, eventuality and circumstance. If you could respond in the spirit of the original enquiry without the supercilious comments that would be fine. If you can't manage that just ignore the post.

ffcbulgaria

based on statistics alone we would have been in a much better position without Kline :D

WokinghamWhite

We'd have automatic promotion by now if we'd won away at Burton and Sunderland. Or if we'd held on at home against QPR and Brentford. There's no point in singling out one factor and claiming that it is entirely responsible. Anyway, we have every prospect of automatic promotion: the American stats website http://www.fivethirtyeight.com (well worth visiting if you're not familiar with it) now says the chances of promotion are 51% Cardiff, 48% Fulham.

copthornemike

Loan signing of Mitrovic far more important
Now if we could have loaned him from the start of the season could we have edged Wolves?

kiwian

But don't forget PNE and Middlesbrough away games!!
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

the nutflush

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on April 24, 2018, 10:27:07 PM
We'd have automatic promotion by now if we'd won away at Burton and Sunderland. Or if we'd held on at home against QPR and Brentford. There's no point in singling out one factor and claiming that it is entirely responsible. Anyway, we have every prospect of automatic promotion: the American stats website http://www.fivethirtyeight.com (well worth visiting if you're not familiar with it) now says the chances of promotion are 51% Cardiff, 48% Fulham.

Thanks for the website link mate.  Interesting stuff.