more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derby, Millwall or Brentford ?

Started by FulhamStu, April 24, 2018, 10:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

One of these 3 will be 6th.

Brentford have 2 winnable games but an inferior goal difference and are 3 points behind Derby.
Millwall have Boro away and Villa at home.
Derby have Villa away and Barrnsley at home so a home win v Barnsley should get Derby 6th, Barnsley could be relegated this weekend.

If we don't get 2nd we are now likely to have Derby in the playoffs and either Boro or Villa in the final assuming we beat Derby.

I will take that if we don't get 2nd which really rests with Hull City.

Milo

Literally any of those teams could get the playoffs as it stands.

I hope Derby and Millwall join Villa in the top 6. I don't fancy us against Brentford and Boro worry me too. So ideal scenario is Derby and Millwall victories this weekend quashing Boro and relegating Barnsley along the way to make our Birm game easier.

That all said. It's like us being scared of spiders. They're a lot more scared of us!

filham

It really is a lottery, we can beat any of the likely play off teams but on the day we can slip up to any of them.

Worried that during the next five games we will have injuries or red cards that could effect our performance.

FulhamStu

If we don't win Friday and Cardiff beat Hull, play reserves, otherwise we have to go 100% for automatic.

davew

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 25, 2018, 10:59:26 AM
If we don't win Friday and Cardiff beat Hull, play reserves, otherwise we have to go 100% for automatic.
Why and risk finishing 4th??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FulhamStu

Quote from: davew on April 25, 2018, 01:08:04 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on April 25, 2018, 10:59:26 AM
Why and risk finishing 4th??

Good point but it depends on how Villa do on Saturday and Boro v Millwall.   I personally would rather avoid Boro but at the end of the day, it's all a bit of a lottery.  I would chose to just worry about ourselves and a weeks rest could be seen as a good thing.  There again, Slav May feel he wants to keep the team and results as consistent as he can.

ffc73

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 24, 2018, 10:51:10 PM
really rests with Hull City.

Sure does as Hull finish with Cardiff (h) and Brentford (a)

If they cannot help us this Saturday then maybe they can keep Brentford out of the playoffs on the final day.  Hopefully they can oblige us on both weekends

Nero

who cares about the playoffs we going up automatically

Stevieboy

Play offs are immaterial as we will go up automatically.
But wouldn't rest players anyway.....keep the momentum going!!!!!

Always said we would go up automatically, Cardiff to lose to Hull and draw with Reading.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif  ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif