watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great result last night but......

Started by jeremyfulham, April 25, 2018, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

Worrying to hear Hull will be fielding fringe/youth players vs Cardiff Saturday !
Maybe even they can score a few vs that woeful defence Derby's goals were awful from a defensive viewpoint, come on Hull City !!! FTID 049:gif

Milo

They're not allowed! And why would they? They're free scoring and have a chance to do over 2nd and have a big impact on the title race.

FulhamStu

Every team wants to win their last home game to send fans home in a good mood for the summer.  This will be the same for Birmingham as well as Hull, Brum looks like it will be a sell out and a massive opportunity for them to have something to hang onto for next season.   Their problem is however that we are much better then them.  Are Cardiff really that much better than Hull, recent form does not suggest they are !

Riverside

Quote from: jeremyfulham on April 25, 2018, 10:38:12 AM
Worrying to hear Hull will be fielding fringe/youth players vs Cardiff Saturday !
Maybe even they can score a few vs that woeful defence Derby's goals were awful from a defensive viewpoint, come on Hull City !!! FTID 049:gif

Where did you hear that ?
On their recent form they could nick a point off Cardiff but only with the 1st team

hovewhite

Think Adkins will be looking to send fans away happy.

jeremyfulham

I think it was in the Championship forum , a piece from the Hull Echo newspaper ??

Bill2

Not sure the FA will allow that, interesting to see what happens.

Milo

Quote from: Bill2 on April 25, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
Not sure the FA will allow that, interesting to see what happens.

Not much good to us though if they get retrospective punishment is it..

filham

Quote from: Milo on April 25, 2018, 10:43:27 AM
They're not allowed! And why would they? They're free scoring and have a chance to do over 2nd and have a big impact on the title race.
I thought there were rules about having to field your strongest team but I have never heard of such a rule being enforced.

Difficult for an official to say what is a club's strongest team when quite often the manager is not sure.

Woolly Mammoth

I Think there is a rule of some kind that stipulates that after a date in March you have to play a certain amount of players that took the field of play in the previous match.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

The game v reading is not gauranteed give me as reading still might need a result,who knows?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 25, 2018, 07:12:56 PM
I Think there is a rule of some kind that stipulates that after a date in March you have to play a certain amount of players that took the field of play in the previous match.

Regulation 24 already existed but after Huddersfield fielded a weakened team against Birmngham last season the EFL decided to look at the definition of "full strength".

Regulation 24 states:

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

After reviewing the matter the EFL stated:

"For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before."

"In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a disciplinary commission."

Milo

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 25, 2018, 09:27:21 PM

Regulation 24 already existed but after Huddersfield fielded a weakened team against Birmngham last season the EFL decided to look at the definition of "full strength".

Regulation 24 states:

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

"For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before."

"In the event any club breaches the threshold, they may be charged with a breach of Regulation 24 and the matter will be referred to a disciplinary commission."

So if they made 5 changes last week they can make a further, different 5 changes this week and still have an entirely reserve team playing?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Milo on April 25, 2018, 09:31:07 PM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 25, 2018, 09:27:21 PM

Regulation 24 states:

So if they made 5 changes last week they can make a further, different 5 changes this week and still have an entirely reserve team playing?

You'll have to ask the EFL.  Thats as much as I have been able to discover.

JoelH5

Why would they? I doubt they've got some hidden deal with Cardiff lol. Like said above, they will want to win their last home game. Boosts season ticket sales for next year.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Milo

Quote from: Statto on April 25, 2018, 09:58:29 PM
As mince and tatties said on another thread, it could help us if they play the reserves

Their best players will be knackered and thinking of the beach

Their reserves and youngsters will be fresh and playing for a new contract or seat on the pre-season tour bus

Whichever team banged in 5 the other day .. I'll have that team please!

JoelH5

Quote from: Milo on April 25, 2018, 10:03:31 PM
As mince and tatties said on another thread, it could help us if they play the reserves

Their reserves and youngsters will be fresh and playing for a new contract or seat on the pre-season tour bus

That team with a new defence!!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

HobGoblin

Quote from: Milo on April 25, 2018, 10:03:31 PM

0001.jpeg

YoungsBitter

On the Tigers' web site they are saying no letting up and have a big end of season thank the fans session planned : "The Tigers' first team squad will take part in the traditional lap of the pitch at the end of Saturday's final home game of the season to thank fans for their tremendous support over the last nine months.
Supporters are invited to remain in their seats at the conclusion of Saturday's game against Cardiff City, with the players and Head Coach Nigel Adkins to head briefly down the tunnel before returning to the field."
https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/articles/2018/201718-irvine-on-last-two-games/

I hope they want to win in front of their fans, couple of them want to make World Cup squads so want to continue to impress.
Quark, strangeness and charm