watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parking for Birmingham

Started by cookieg, April 25, 2018, 06:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Does anyone who has driven to St Andrews got any advice on where to park? I got a club coach there many years ago when the Horse was playing but don't have a clue about parking in the area.

NorfolkJim

Its not a part of Birmingham where you really want to park in the streets. There is some match day parking on the left as you go up the hill towards St Andrews from the roundabout. Last time that I drove there it was possible to park up in the away coach park - not sure if that still possible and you get locked in for a while too. Good idea not be be obviously Fulham wherever you park

cookieg

Quote from: NorfolkJim on April 25, 2018, 06:56:48 PM
Its not a part of Birmingham where you really want to park in the streets. There is some match day parking on the left as you go up the hill towards St Andrews from the roundabout. Last time that I drove there it was possible to park up in the away coach park - not sure if that still possible and you get locked in for a while too. Good idea not be be obviously Fulham wherever you park

Thank you. May investigate the train!

choice_of_ends

Quote from: cookieg on April 25, 2018, 06:13:31 PM
Does anyone who has driven to St Andrews got any advice on where to park? I got a club coach there many years ago when the Horse was playing but don't have a clue about parking in the area.
Look at JustPark.com
There you can find some cheap places around the stadium.

bobbo

I emailed them and they've allocated me a bay at our end with no charge . But I've a disable pass, but that doesn't mean you wouldn't get a bay, you just have to ask.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MJG

Made the mistake of parking my car once in the away end car park.
Once the cars leave you go down a hill and basically Birmingham fans were on both sides of the road and ran in and attacked the cars as they went down the hill. Never again will I park there.
Just the views of a long term fan

Southdowns White

For those that do not regularly go to Birmingham away, keep a low profile, I have had trouble there before when walking to the ground, much prefer Villa.

MJG

Quote from: Southdowns White on April 26, 2018, 08:47:49 AM
For those that do not regularly go to Birmingham away, keep a low profile, I have had trouble there before when walking to the ground, much prefer Villa.
I went last year and walked from station.. About 25 mins. As long as stay on main roads and have no colours on show should be ok. Plan route before leaving station.

cookieg

bobbo

Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2018, 05:51:17 AM
Once the cars leave you go down a hill and basically Birmingham fans were on both sides of the road and ran in and attacked the cars as they went down the hill. Never again will I park there.
oh dear mike have I made a big mistake?
1975 just leaving home full of hope

MJG

Quote from: bobbo on April 26, 2018, 11:57:08 AM
Quote from: MJG on April 26, 2018, 05:51:17 AM
oh dear mike have I made a big mistake?
have no colours on and nothing showing Fulham. Throw a Birmingham fanzine in the window, that's how I got away with it. The car in front or behind didn't.

MikeW

You make it sound like a third world city .... oh, hang on
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

brightster

If anyone is driving it's best to park in one of the NCP car parks in the city centre about 20 to 25 mins walk, safer there.
I still remember coming out of main road in 75 as a 10 year old, getting back to the coach then being laid down in the aisle with a coat over me while the scum Birmingham fans smashed the windows in with bricks. Very frientening at the time.