watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-No complacency

Started by bog, April 26, 2018, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

It was bad enough missing out last season but I think we are stronger now. And it was worth that pain to see the season we now hare having. But there must be no complacency. Playing a side already relegated is not a gimme. I would expect them to give their all for the fans who travel all the way down. I do not want an ultimate Fulhamish. I would also expect our manager to knock any of this out of our squad. But if we start flat and then do not get going and hand it to Colin.....

092.gif   

bencher

A fast start is key. Over the last ten or so games, we have often started the games quite slowly and had to weather some pressure before getting going. If we start fast and can create some chances and ideally get a goal in the first 15 minutes, it will make it all easier.

There've been a few threads over the last few weeks about the key to our excellent run, and I think something that made a huge difference which may have been overlooked was scoring the first goal. I look back to games like Bolton at home, where we ought to have been ahead (and had a goal harshly disallowed), before conceding against the run of play and having to fight to scrape a point. How many times have we actually been behind in the last 22?

bencher

Edit: three times behind, Hull away 2-0 down, Barnsley away 1-0 down, Ipswich at home 1-0 down

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.