watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland roll-call

Started by Burt, April 26, 2018, 12:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Good thread from one of the Sunderland boards about who will be coming down to the Cottage Friday night:
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/fulham-roll-call-27-04.1427800/page-8

Good mix of:
1. Giving Sky grief for the rescheduling
2. How much they enjoy coming here as an away-day
3. Preferring us to Cardiff for automatic promotion

Looks like there will be c1,500 of them. Hats off to them.

Neil D

:plus one: to all of those.  Some League One chairmen will be delighted with the surge in away support at their grounds.

PhilEsh

Quote from: Burt on April 26, 2018, 12:54:29 PM
Good thread from one of the Sunderland boards about who will be coming down to the Cottage Friday night:
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/fulham-roll-call-27-04.1427800/page-8

Good mix of:
1. Giving Sky grief for the rescheduling
2. How much they enjoy coming here as an away-day
3. Preferring us to Cardiff for automatic promotion

Looks like there will be c1,500 of them. Hats off to them.

Will definitely be applauding them for their support.

Holders

They always brought a good number even in our 2nd/3rd Division days.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Do not allow any good nature towards Sunderland to cloud any judgement.
We must be fresh out of mercy, for their team and their supporters, and their current manager.
Don't be soft, can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot.
We have to be ruthless, and take no prisoners, it's not a holiday camp, survival of the fittest. There can only be one winner.
Never give a sucker an even break, if you want Fulham FC to succeed tomorrow night.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2018, 02:14:23 PM
We must be fresh out of mercy, for their team and their supporters, and their current manager.
We have to be ruthless, and take no prisoners, it's not a holiday camp, survival of the fittest. There can only be one winner.
Never give a sucker an even break, if you want Fulham FC to succeed tomorrow night.

Calm down Woolly we are supporters not players or management.  Showing some respect is hardly going to make a scrap of difference!

Twig

Do we give Cookie a round of applause? I for one will stand and applaud him.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on April 26, 2018, 02:35:25 PM
Quote from: Twig on April 26, 2018, 02:27:00 PM

Calm down Woolly we are supporters not players or management.  Showing some respect is hardly going to make a scrap of difference!

Twig sorry but I cannot calm down, until we have crushed Sunderland to pulp, there is no room for sentiment if you want to be the Victor.
It's not in my nature when we have our foot on the opponents neck.
By all means win with grace and dignity as we normally do.
But it has to be business as usual, whoever the opponent, their manager and their supporters.
Save the plaudits for after the final whistle when the job is done.
As in 1942 Joseph Stalin issued orders to his High Command when German troops crossed the border into Russia and marched towards Stalingrad. He ordered them to instruct all Russian Units, " NOT ONE STEP BACK ".
We all know what happened after that, with the aid of the Russian winter.
Well we won't need a Russian winter tomorrow, just 100 % Application, Attitude , Commitment, workrate, desire, hunger and appetite from Jok and his Troops.
We have to be merciless and ferocious, just like the Russians at Stalingrad.
NOT ONE STEP BACK FULHAM.

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Many predicted that it would be Fulhamish to lose to Sunderland in the away fixture earlier this season, and we did.

So the team needs to be  fully focussed and determined to stop  them, who now may play better with nothing to lose, ending our unbeaten record, and take the three points for Fulham, and I'm sure our manager will  drill this into the players.

Applaud Cookie by all means, but there will be no room for sentiment in the game itself - we need to crush them, as Woolly says.

Milo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2018, 02:54:14 PM

Twig sorry but I cannot calm down, until we have crushed Sunderland to pulp, there is no room for sentiment if you want to be the Victor.
But it has to be business as usual, whoever the opponent, their manager and their supporters.
As in 1942 Joseph Stalin issued orders to his High Command when German troops crossed the border into Russia and marched towards Stalingrad. He ordered them to instruct all Russian units, " NOT ONE STEP BACK ".
Well we won't need a Russian winter tomorrow, just 100 % Application, Attitude , Commitment, workrate, desire, hunger and appetite from Jok and his Troops.

The Russian winter already did us a favour up at Derby..!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on April 26, 2018, 03:08:23 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2018, 02:54:14 PM

As in 1942 Joseph Stalin issued orders to his High Command when German troops crossed the border into Russia and marched towards Stalingrad. He ordered them to instruct all Russian units, " NOT ONE STEP BACK ".

The Russian winter already did us a favour up at Derby..!

It most certainly did Milo, 👍⚽️🍺 ☃️❄️🌨💨

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Yes we were helped by the "beast from the east" but not as much as from the "beast from the North East"!

Southcoastffc

Of course.   And Kit Symons as his asst manager.  Both have played a great part in our past.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

terryr

I've done a view from Sunderland, which came up a little later than this post. Decent fans who have given up and have been let down by Sky and their club