watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside

Started by fulhaman, April 26, 2018, 05:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhaman

Am I the only person who thinks if we go up and start work on the riverside  we will only have a staduim able to take 18k. Which isn't enough at the end of the prem we could of been getting 30k. Do you think a move for one season will happen? Even if it is half full?

fulhaman

flyingfish

Thi shas been covered repeatedly on here. There will not be a temporary move and there will be reduced capacity. The club ha already said Riverside STH will be relocated within the ground.

choice_of_ends

At least we could have a discount for Wembley usage.

choice_of_ends

Quote from: flyingfish on April 26, 2018, 05:59:14 PM
Thi shas been covered repeatedly on here. There will not be a temporary move and there will be reduced capacity. The club ha already said Riverside STH will be relocated within the ground.
What about the dugouts?
If they'll be moved to JH, also there few STH have to be moved.

fulhaman

You are all not reading what I have put above. We didn't until today know about Wembley none of us. 18k is not enough for us in the prem. So could we move to Wembley while the work is done?

fulhaman

Whatever the club has told us. Maybe they have just found out there's an opportunity to buy Wembley. I don't think they will want to lose out each week on what could be an extra 10000 fans

bramble

I am a member right now and the Fulham ticket office (last communication yesterday) is trying to sell me a season ticket on the basis that the reduced capacity at Craven Cottage (during the redevelopment phase) will make it extremely hard to get tickets, especially if we are in the prem.  Doesn't sound like they are expecting a relocation to a larger facility or it would be a somewhat dishonest sales pitch.

choice_of_ends

A sell out in the Cottage with 18k makes more fun than 25k in Wembley.

flyingfish

Quote from: fulhaman on April 26, 2018, 06:14:39 PM
You are all not reading what I have put above. We didn't until today know about Wembley none of us. 18k is not enough for us in the prem. So could we move to Wembley while the work is done?

It's not going to happen. How long do you think it takes a major property deal like this to he resolved?. He hasn't even bought it yet. Hes been planning it for 18 months. I doubt there will be time to even think about planning a seasons football there.

And the whole riverside scheme is planned to build it with be club in situ. It would take a year to re plan the build if it was to be built in a Different way.

I fail to see where the benefit is to the club, it would cost money it would be unpopular and they already said in black and white what's happening. I don't see the point in pushing speculation in the face of all evidence to the contrary. It's not going to happen.

KJS

Quote from: choice_of_ends on April 26, 2018, 06:41:36 PM
A sell out in the Cottage with 18k makes more fun than 25k in Wembley.

Agree and also Bournemouth's ground is small and they are managing to survive on the gates they currently get!!

FulhamStu

If we were the size I'd Spurs, yes.  I would make no financial sense or practical footballing sense to move Fulham to Wembley.  Khan is not stupid and whilst I can understand why you may think this could happen, it's an absolute non starter.

MJG

The clubs plan and wish is not to move out and they feel that can be done.
Once a contractor is on board and plans for moving fans and safety issues are taken into consideration we will know more.
But as it stands today, a reduced capacity and all that goes with it is budgeted for.
Just the views of a long term fan

HamsterWheel

We can't go to Wembley as Chelsea will be there whilst their ground redeveloped.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: HamsterWheel on April 27, 2018, 08:54:21 AM
We can't go to Wembley as Chelsea will be there whilst their ground redeveloped.

Is this confirmed? Would be funny if the new boss was like 'See you later' to Chelsea - though we might see another case of Novichok if that happens.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on April 27, 2018, 08:11:06 AM
The clubs plan and wish is not to move out and they feel that can be done.
Once a contractor is on board and plans for moving fans and safety issues are taken into consideration we will know more.
But as it stands today, a reduced capacity and all that goes with it is budgeted for.
Worth repeating, MJG, with my underline on the crucial sentence.  Other clubs have done what FFC plan to do very successfully, and the loss in revenue from reduced capacity is minor compared to the additional revenue that will be possible from the 'new' stand.