watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Sunderland

Started by terryr, April 26, 2018, 09:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

" Who is going? (Despite us being royally furked over by Sky and there being absolutely nowt to play for)
Never been so it's another ground off the list for me."

" Not sure about nothing to play for, Fulham are in the running for an Automatic Position and I hope they get it over Cardiff.
Nice club, decent fans, last away game of the season, hopefully some sunshine and plans already in the making with @Wakey ftm in Sussex also a late train back with @KENT-FTM"

" I'm looking for a ticket off here.
Hoping to get one on the cheap."

" Me and two others. Looking forward to seeing sessegnon play but thats a bout it"

" Me and 3 others are travelling down. Last away day of the season.
Going to be a terrible atmosphere I imagine"

" Last away day of the season so I'll definitely make the most of it"

" I am going egg chasing instead so it's a no from me."

" Two going here, worked out the other day that we've driven 3,220 miles for aways this season, but this will be a train up to London Friday afty.""

" Me + 1, where are we drinking? Fulham is my favourite away day, pity about the circumstances"

" fcuk that poo. I won't even watch the game. Probably stick a movie on then check for the inevitable 3-0 scoreline the next
morning."

" Me + 2
Relegation party plans well underway"

" Aye gan on then."

" Absolutely, love Fulham away."

" Aye, I'm going. Like the Cottage"

" What are the pubs for away fans? Isn't Fulham one of the few places you can drink anywhere?"

" The 8 Bells near Putney Bridge Station is decent but is small and gets rammed. There's a Wetherspoons just over Putney Bridge on the south side of the Thames, with loads of boozers down the High Street."

" Poshest Spoons I've been in. Rocket or summink iir"

" That spoons at Fulham is something to behold. In most towns it would be the nicest pub by far and its just a spoons!"

" Looks fantastic tbh. Can't wait for Friday now

" Got a ticket the other week thinking it would be a crucial game...and as I live in London it's an easy one to get to.
Hats off to anyone travelling from the north east. Surely given all the circumstances the the turn out will be fairly low. I think we had about 800 at arsenal last season when we were already relegated."

" Party lads, it's done now, have a great time in the smoke. We pretty much know the players will let us down more looking forward to hearing our fans more than the game to be honest "

" Think we had about 1600. Allocation was 2000"

" Going to enjoy the piss up, taken the day off work.
Hope we win but think Fulham would make the most of promotion so good luck to them.
Going to be a conflicted day. Not sure how I will feel when our team run out ."

" Be canny funny if everyone cheered Fulham on all game."

" £35 + travel costs to watch that bunch of losers in a game that means nothing?
No thanks."

" The idea of actually supporting Fulham is a funny one, to be honest in a way I hope they win and go up.
Would rather clap them than most of our players that's for sure"

" Is the banner going ?"

" Not enough fans to hold it up "

" I'll be there. Looking forward to a day in London but dreading the football match"

" One of my favourite away trips back in the day, certainly for London .So different to the others, think my last one was the double dinger from Richardson .Still don't know how it didn't go in but will let him off for that other free kick..
Whoever is going, heads up high, keep the faith.
All the best"

" The Fulham away day is a decent day out and we've had some very happy memories playing there in recent times. The pressure is off, enjoy the day, well OK enjoy the beer, the craic and just accept re the football that we haven't been anywhere near good enough as Fulham are banging in their 5th!"

" 12 of us going down Friday, 9.42am train from Durham back Sunday 12.20pm only 5 of us got tickets for the Fulham, but all going to the Dulwich Hamlet game Saturday. Last time I was at Fulham George Best and Bobby Moore were playing for them"

" Me + 7 had train tickets for on the day but now we have had to pay over double for the Friday train and also the cost of a hotel .Must be mad but I think that's part of being a Sunderland supporter."

" Top marks lads. The club doesn'tdeserve fans like you making that effort.
Hope I'm stood in a block of seats with lads like you Friday.....what might be happening on the pitch will be viewed through hands over faces, but we'll have a cracking time showing the nation we are SAFC with a passion unrivalled."

" lovely ground ! like the old days"

" Going in the neutral section with the sister in law who's a Fulham fan. Going to be an odd match."

" My Dad and I are going. Is everyone going to give the players hell or happy clap like at Reading?"

" You know what I'm not sure, I've never booed Sunderland before but these players deserve absolute hell, unless we play the kids."

" Lording it on the river boat. I like it. May pop me head in. Leaving work at 4 at Blackfriars. Meeting a couple of lads I used to work with at the pit at some point. Not sure where or when, then have promised to pop me head in the golden lion to meet me Fulham supporting mates. The rocket spooons down by the river yes?"

" Hopefully @KENT-FTM will make it in time for the ferry & can fly his flag :).
Yes, that Spoons has to be the poshest one ever, mind the apartments above it on the riverside are a canny price.
Which pit?"

" Dawdon"

" Going down with mate from up here Friday lunchtime, meet son who works down there 4.30ish.
Quick pint after hotel check in then head over to find a watering hole near Craven Cottage."

" Seaham lads then :)
My family roots are from the magic triangle of Easington, Horden & Peterlee. FW's lot"

" 1,147 sold for far for Fulham"

" Think that's class for a Friday night game with us being relegated"

" Especially you lads & lasses travelling from "up home""

"Few beers, celebrate a few pretend goals and watch Fulham finish above Cardiff hopefully"

" Me + Mrs boblet :
We'll be there loud and proud :
(maybe just loud then) :

And drunk"

" I'll be there. For no other good reason than I'd planned to be in London when I thought the game was gonna mean something. It could be a cricket score - we couldn't defend when it meant something so f**k knows how they'll keep any concentration or discipline come Friday night."

"  Live on sky though so it's a good platform to get the message across.
Would be good to hear 2000 travelling away fans singing 'Rodwell is a winker'"

" all those going to Fulham i take my hat off to you all, make all of us back home proud and sing your hearts out for the fans"

" I do remember "We all piss in a black and white pot" to the tune of Yellow Submarine, which alternated with "We all live in a sinking submarine" in the 69/70 relegation season."

" When we went 1up at Chelsea, we
sang "1nil to the Championship"
If we score first at Fulham will the song be 1nil to the Lge 1 side..."

" Coleman just said he has no idea where Rodwell is..And that he doubts he's 100% fit even if there was a sniff of a game for him."

" I'm sure he knows where he is, but has reasons for not disclosing the info.
What a kernt Rodwell appears to be, I flipping hate his guts."

" Mitrovic"

" Should have been banned for that and unable to play again this season.
Strange how some officials see 'everything' while others have blind spots to blatantly obvious rule breaking."

" He's not worth £20m mind."

" I like him me, i know i will get poo for that like, but hes a passionate player who wants to win. I think he will turn into a premier league player in a few years a Diego Costa type"

" nailed on to score on friday night"

" They signed him for £13m and he's been a bit of a flop (hence being loaned out to the championship) yet they want £20m for him. (the ***** will probably get it as well)
Sunderland on the other hand"

" If he wasn't a mag I'd like him to. Plays with anger and can finish. I can see them spawny fucks making a mint on him in the summer."

" He's proved he's a decent player for Fulham. It's just that the world's best manager didn't know how to handle him"

" I think he's a soft shite cry baby.
Been good at Fulham though, to be fair."

" Funny how the tactical mastermind couldn't get the best out of him with his tactics but Jokanovic can."

" We couldn't afford to pay for his dinner , let alone sign him."

" sad isn't it, mind he only eats really hot curry's, coz he is on fire"

" Young kid who always gives everything and isnt scared to put himself about. Top scorer in his world cup qualifying group and people reckon hes poo"

" I'm going to have a fiver on him getting a hat-trick tomorrow."

" He can be a 20 goal a season player in PL imo.
But he has to Learn to tame his temper / stupidity.
Benitez had already decided that this is improbable.
£15 m will see him go in summer."

" Moving to fulham has been the best thing for him, i reckpn he will go there in summer for arpund 20 million"

" .......................Stryjek........................
Love......Kone......JoS....Matthews
........Honeyman.....Cattermole.....
.......................McNair.......................
McManaman........................Asoro
.........................Maja..........................

Subs: Steele, Hume, Wilson,
Embleton, Robson, Molyneux,
Shields

Not much point playing the loan players.
May as well involve the youngens it'll be good experience for them"

" Good experience getting twatted"

" Don't see the point but he will play Fletcher etc"

" He's got no choice, canny few injuries today."

" convenient injuries, wouldn't be surprised its the players agents who are telling them to fake an injury not to risk any new contacts with other clubs next year."

" Hope Jones never kicks a ball for us again. But if he does there's only 2 games to go thank fcuk"

" We don't have a "strongest first 11" so it doesn't matter."

" With the match having a potential impact on the promotion race, I'd imagine the EFL will be looking pretty closely at selection - I don't expect too many unforced changes."

" They could argue we've played a weakened team all season :dft011:"

" There's a 16 year old academy kid who's travelled down with the first team for the game."

" Lot's of questions and for me interest still in our final two games because with relegation now confirmed will we see the start of planning for the future? Do we stick with players who we know will be gone in two weeks or do we start looking at players who may be the future?
Of course with our squad and injuries we will have to play some players who may well be gone but IMO we should be playing Maja for Fletcher to name just one change.
We badly need some positive news to try and rekindle interest."

" 16-year-old Bali Mumba will travel to Fulham on Friday after being named in Sunderland's senior squad for the first time.
Luke Molyneux and Elliot Embleton have also been included in the group heading to Craven Cottage, with the trio selected following their recent performances for the under-23s.
Embleton made his debut earlier in the season at Wolves with Molyneux recovering from a period in the treatment to score five goals in his last six games, but it's new territory entirely for Mumba who only made the step up to under-23 level in February.
And to top it all off, Chris Coleman revealed the first-team call has got him out of double biology in the process.
"It's the first time for Bali," said the Welshman. "He's happy, I think we've got him out of double biology today!
"There will be one or two younger boys in the squad with us because we have got one or two missing, and one or two doubts."
He continued: "Bali is travelling with us, Luke Molyneux, Elliot Embleton.
"We've lost one or two to injury and it will be good experience for them.
"Ethan Robson will be with us but he has been in and out of course.""

" 1,200 tickets so far sold for Fulham away, great turn out for a club recently relegated and the fixture date change. With close to 16000 season cards sold for next season it just shows that true supporters follow the club through good and bad times."

That's it. This week I'll be cheering us on listening to GJ from Rio de Janiero this week COYW's!!! 049:gif

KingofCheese

Two things from my going on to our rival's forums 1) Most football fans are nice people 2) they all seem to like us. Yeh!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Milo

Rio, Terry? Blimey.. you lucky boy!

HatterDon

I think it's tragic that Sunderland will be in League 1 next season. They have a huge catchment area, and their support is strong and passionate. Their leadership -- like their near neighbor's -- is the best example of stupidity on the hoof in England. [We still have the best example in the world in the occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave].

Love Cookie and hope they're promoted automatically next season -- along with Luton Town of course.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Sound like decent fans to me.  Good people.

HamsterWheel

Betfair have a Sunderland win as 15-1. Pretty big odds!

cookieg

Quote from: HamsterWheel on April 27, 2018, 08:56:14 AM

I really can't see them scoring 15 goals!

win-dup

Classy remarks from genuine football fans who have been royally let down. Sunderland will always be a ''big'' club to me and I hope they gain success soon.

cookieg

Apparently they have decided to close the top tier of the S of L due to the expected drop in attendance. Such a shame for such a big club but just shows that no one is immune from bad management.

jarv

I sat with Sunderland fans in that dreadful relegation year, 4-1 to them. All around me were really decent blokes, lot of fun and couldn't believe how bad Fulham were considering how many good players we had. Was it the german in charge then? 049:gif

KingofCheese

Quote from: cookieg on April 27, 2018, 09:54:04 AM

Lets hope not as that will mean we have to score 16 grrrr..always something so Fulhamish isnt there!
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

EastEndWhite

Quote from: cookieg on April 27, 2018, 12:36:25 PM
Apparently they have decided to close the top tier of the S of L due to the expected drop in attendance. Such a shame for such a big club but just shows that no one is immune from bad management.

They are still going to put the away fans there.

Stillbelieve

Quote from: cookieg on April 27, 2018, 09:54:04 AM

Haha that really tickled me , cheap laugh!

NorfolkJim

Had good visits to Sunderland so sad to see them going down but these games do worry me - amazing how players suddenly become different men once they get relegated and the pressure is off. Our boys mustn't go out there thinking its a done deal that we will win.

JoelH5

As above. I'm sure the boys will not be complacent. In a way, the defeat against them really helps us now as it shows us what could happen. We need to be at our best and I think we will be.
I was there, standing in the Putney end