watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its Not All Over

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2018, 04:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

I am a fan of Mince n Tatties optimism because it's the only way to enjoy the many lifetimes we live 'between games' those interludes which allow some of us to get busy bedevilling ourselves with things that may never happen instead of looking at all the possibilities of what could happen.

The only things decided at the top of the table is that Wolves are Champions, neither Fulham nor Cardiff can finish worse than third and Villa and 'Boro will be in the playoffs. 

Meanwhile Reading, Birmingham, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton fans are looking at what may be their last game in the Championship for at least a year, and we think we have problems.  I think any one of their fans, and Derby and PNE fans would swap places with any one of us in a heartbeat.   

WokinghamWhite

Quote from: toshes mate on April 30, 2018, 09:54:58 AM
I am a fan of Mince n Tatties optimism because it's the only way to enjoy the many lifetimes we live 'between games' those interludes which allow some of us to get busy bedevilling ourselves with things that may never happen instead of looking at all the possibilities of what could happen.

The only things decided at the top of the table is that Wolves are Champions, neither Fulham nor Cardiff can finish worse than third and Villa and 'Boro will be in the playoffs. 

Meanwhile Reading, Birmingham, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton fans are looking at what may be their last game in the Championship for at least a year, and we think we have problems.  I think any one of their fans, and Derby and PNE fans would swap places with any one of us in a heartbeat.   

Quite right. How many people on this forum thought back in mid-December that we would be going to Birmingham City with a real shot at automatic promotion? I certainly didn't. This has been an extraordinary season, we've seen some wonderful football and the rollercoaster ride is still not over.

Benladdie3000

I'm pretty sure it's all over, cardiff have been the better team over the season, and have the easier game on sunday. I doth my proverbial cap to them.

Benladdie3000

Oh very funny. I'm just being a realist. Can't see them losing to reading

H3Matt

Quote from: Benladdie3000 on April 30, 2018, 11:18:40 AM
Oh very funny. I'm just being a realist. Can't see them losing to reading

We don't need Cardiff to lose, just a draw will do and we'll go up on goal difference (providing we beat Birmingham).

Oh how delightful it would be for Cardiff to be 2-1 up, 4 minutes of added time. The fans start celebrating and singing "We are going up!", only for Aluko to bend one past Etheridge, break thousands of Welsh hearts and send the away end into roars as Reading equalise. They stay up and deny Cardiff promotion.

What? I can dream, right?

PutneyPhil

Quote from: The Old Count on April 28, 2018, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 28, 2018, 05:24:36 PM
Thank you Mince.

Lots of people whinging on here and saying it's all over. I take it they would have rested our best players when we were 4-1 down to juventus on aggregate in 2010 and when we were 2-0 down at Man City 2 years earlier... or when we were 8 points behind Cardiff a few weeks ago

If you think Jokanovic will rest players for Birmingham you are mad or smoking something wacky

Reading need a win to stay up. this is the championship. Anything can happen

Spot on Statto.

Reading will draw at Cardiff.  We will win at Brum. 

COYW

0001.jpeg

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Benladdie3000 on April 30, 2018, 10:47:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it's all over, cardiff have been the better team over the season, and have the easier game on sunday. I doth my proverbial cap to them.

What's the weather like in Cardiff today?

toshes mate

Quote from: H3Matt on April 30, 2018, 11:34:29 AM
I can dream, right?
Yes you can because dreams are the stuff reality is made out of.

Holders

It's entirely correct to remain optimistic, even if the odds are somewhat against us. We'd expect the team to turn out to give their all at Birmingham, not go through the motions and lose just to get into the dressing room to find that Reading have won at Cardiff!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

It's "doff", Mr. Warnock.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Cardiff have been consistent in getting results, apart from a couple of blips, and they have their system of play, which is not for the purist.
Nevertheless, Warlock has got the best out of them, clearly does his homework, and they play to their strengths.
There style does create a lot of chances, and of course with Warlock you get what you see. He fights his corner, he is a strong motivator, and he would die for his players and he expects them to die for him, which is good philosophy for the way he operates.
Nothing wrong with that, especially if he is getting results, how can he be criticised.
Not forgetting the League Table never lies.
I have never been a fan of Cardiff, it goes back a long time. So that is one reason why I hope they do not go up automatically, especially at our expense.
If they were promoted, what sort of players would want to go there ?
When you say that Cardiff have been the better team, explain exactly at what ?
The other question I would ask you is, how long have you been a Cardiff City Season Ticket Holder. ?

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.