more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's 82/83 all over again...

Started by bugsy, April 28, 2018, 07:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsy

Rupert

Funnily enough, I was thinking about the similarities with that season myself, only with us in the Leicester role, and Cardiff in our position. Back then we had no play-offs as compensation, of course. I still hold a grudge against Leicester, even though they really didn't do anything wrong, other than get more points than us. I just hope we win every match until the end of the season, whether that is just the next one, or the next four.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

We were starting to be poor and losing form in the run in, Interesting that I predicted we would fail to go up that season because I could see our lack of form creeping up. Mind you I have been saying the same for 23 games this season. Haven't been right yet. But if we fail to go up, I told you so.  :012:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

the nutflush

I wouldn't be worried about two legs v Derby County.  I am more worried about the inevitable heartbreak at Wembley v Villa. :012:

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 28, 2018, 11:14:01 PM
We were starting to be poor and losing form in the run in, Interesting that I predicted we would fail to go up that season because I could see our lack of form creeping up. Mind you I have been saying the same for 23 games this season. Haven't been right yet. But if we fail to go up, I told you so.  :012:

The reason that we didn't go up in 82/83 was that we didn't sign Andy Thomas.

SuffolkWhite

Well at least we have the Play Offs this time round 049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Rupert

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on April 29, 2018, 06:46:10 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 28, 2018, 11:14:01 PM

The reason that we didn't go up in 82/83 was that we didn't sign Andy Thomas.

True, Oxford wanted a few thousand more than we would stump up, so he went back to them and promptly broke his leg, didn't he?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.