watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positives For Next Season If We Do Remain Championship

Started by Horsfield_No9, May 07, 2018, 01:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

Yes we likely wave bye to Cairney, Sess and Freddo BUT...

Cyrus Christie
AK47 (getting better and better, can be great in this league)
Steven Sessegnon (Even if Ryan goes this kid is also a huge prospect)
Luca De La Torre
The Academy in general producing class players

You'd hope we keep these too with new deals for the likes of Ream and Odoi who have truly proven themselves.

Betts
Ream
Kmac
Stef
Odoi

Add 1-2 players of Slavs choosing and no reason we can't then compete again for Top 2.

If the worst happened and Slav goes I now trust that the club will look for a similar modern coach, looking forward rather than back at the merry go around of the likes of Pards, Redknapp etc.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Mullers OG

I hope you're right Horse.

My concern is that once one or two go then others will demand to go too and many clubs have found that players who want to go but can't are liabilities.  If TC and Sess go then it isn't beyond the bounds of possibility that Betts leaves (to WH?), Fred is out of contract and will be in demand, both SJ and Macd will be in demand.  Mitro will have offers from top division clubs whether in England or elsewhere.  If Southampton go down and/or sell Bertand then they will not want to sell Targett.  Whether any of the other loanees will be available next year is unknown at the moment.

That leaves a very large rebuilding job.  We are blessed with good young keepers including Rodak.  Without reinforcements we could have a side such as:-

Rodak.  S Sessegnon.  Odoi.  Ream.  Christie

De la Torre.  Edun. O'Reilly

Ayite  Fonte  Kebano

I know my choice of striker is highly controversial but I just don't get AK who is the epitome of a kick and rush merchant - I hope I'm proved wrong.

Most important of all is to win the play offs and keep the manager and then all these gloomy thoughts can go out the window.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Hopefully we are being far too premature with this discussion, but I have already said on another thread that if we are nor promoted I can see at least six players being on the wanted list by other clubs. Once one or two go, others could get itchy feet.

Yes we have talented youngsters coming through, but it would be so much in the style of Magath and to our cost to throw them in and expect them to perform in the roughhouse Championship

Sess has been the only one in a very good team and to risk more than a couple of new boys at any one time would be too risky.

Let's all hope that this becomes a totally unnecessary discussion.

filham

Put this thread on hold until the play offs are over,the subject matter will look qiute different at the end of the month.

hovewhite

I'm trying to stay in the present rather than the future.

Woolly Mammoth

We are in the play offs, you would have thought we had just got relegated.
Why are we mentioning next season, when we have two massive games in three days. Which could see us reach Wembley, and one massive match away on a huge stage from the English Premier League.
Any other talk at this stage is distracting and diluting the importance and attention to these two matches.
I also believe that we may need to take a lead from the first match into the second match if we are to give ourselves the best chance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 08, 2018, 12:42:53 AM
Why are we mentioning next season, when we have two massive games in three days. Which could see us reach Wembley, and one massive match away on a huge stage from the English Premier League.
Any other talk at this stage is distracting and diluting the importance and attention to these two matches.
I also believe that we may need to take a lead from the first match into the second match if we are to give ourselves the best chance.

Well said Woolly
At the end of a fabulous run we lost a match
All such runs come to an end e.g. Man C
That's confined to history now
What is important is for Joka & the team to focus, to get a positive reaction, to plan how to deal with Derby away then @ home - & deliver
Derby will be doing the same so we have to deal with it
We have to start all over again
No complacency
We have lost out on 2 promotion opportunities
So 3rd time (Tommy Trinder style) lucky!
COYW!!

Horsfield_No9

Sorry if it came across doom and gloom, I'm really just wishing to say how lucky we are and wherever we play we have plenty to be cheerful about. Exciting times.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on May 08, 2018, 10:53:52 AM

Sorry if it came across doom and gloom, I'm really just wishing to say how lucky we are and wherever we play we have plenty to be cheerful about. Exciting times.

No need to apologise, I share your concerns if things went wrong.
However, until the issues of promotion are settled, I feel we just have to give it a real go over these next two matches, because of what's at stake.
We deserve to reach Wembley on our football alone.
But we know it doesn't work like that.
Derby will be feeling pleased with themselves because they manage to squeeze into sixth place, a bit like us last year, and look what happened there.
So it's up to Fulham FC to burst their bubble on Friday, and again on Monday.
If we can overcome Derby, then imagine what this board will be like next Tuesday.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on May 08, 2018, 07:45:28 AM

Well said Woolly
At the end of a fabulous run we lost a match
All such runs come to an end e.g. Man C
That's confined to history now
What is important is for Joka & the team to focus, to get a positive reaction, to plan how to deal with Derby away then @ home - & deliver
Derby will be doing the same so we have to deal with it
We have to start all over again
No complacency
We have lost out on 2 promotion opportunities
So 3rd time (Tommy Trinder style) lucky!
COYW!!

Absolutely, we have already beaten Derby and drew with them this season, so we have every reason to feel confident that the team can do it again.
I would like to think that the players will use Sundays disappointing temporarily set back, as a strength to overcome and finish off Derby in both play off matches. ⚽️👍

Never forget your Roots.

Forever Fulham

Open letter to Cairney:

Please leave after Playoffs (assuming Slava even allows you to play).  You phoned in the most important game of the season, letting entire team, club, and supporters down.  Just go away.  We'll get over this let down of effort.  Some day.  I hope.  I won't soon forget it though.  Don't trust you any more. 

grandad

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 08, 2018, 04:42:34 PM
Open letter to Cairney:

Please leave after Playoffs (assuming Slava even allows you to play).  You phoned in the most important game of the season, letting entire team, club, and supporters down.  Just go away.  We'll get over this let down of effort.  Some day.  I hope.  I won't soon forget it though.  Don't trust you any more.
That´s the spirit. Knock a player down when he is as gutted as the rest of us. How many times have you lauded his fantastic games for us over the last 2 seasons? You have a very short memory. Your post is exactly what Derby fans will spread all over their forum. Your open letter will be sent back, return to sender.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Open letter to Cairney:

Way out of order in my book.
Just the views of a long term fan

EastEndWhite

Open letter to Cairney:

Normally I try to be respectful towards others who post on the forum but in this instance the only thing I can say is that this is one of of the most stupid posts I have every read on this forum.  I assume you will be staying away from the playoffs.  With an attitude like that we can do without your so-called support.

Twig

Open letter to Cairney:

You have serious problems mate.  This is outrageous and totally uncalled for vitriol. Turgid bile.

Forever Fulham

Maybe it was dumb and heat of the moment.  And very unlike me.  Look, if your heart isn't in the game, or you are hurt, or overly exhausted, you signal to be taken off.  Everything was leading up to this game, the stakes obvious to all.  Automatic promotion was right there, and lack of effort killed it.  Yeah, I'm sure I praised him in previous games.  And meant it too.  I guess I'm more shocked than some of you at the way we lost.  I shouldn't have written it with the playoffs in front of us.  They say a good carpenter measures twice to cut once.  If I ever get that upset again while on the forum, I'll pause and reflect before hitting the Post button.  Sorry for the upset. 

St Eve

Sorry there are absolutely no positives. We have to go up

HatterDon

We'll still be Fulham. We'll still have Craven Cottage. That's everything -- at least for me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Carborundum

Feel pretty confident that the Championship will continue to be compelling, high quality and a little bit nuts.  The boy and I will get ringside seats for an amazingly good value price.  New heroes will emerge. 

But lets get promoted instead.