more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positivity!!!

Started by Southcoastffc, May 08, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

At last some common sense and balance on TIFF

Some on here need to change their mindset and attitide over the next week. -- The Drobe, Tuesday, May 08, 12:08:11pm (host86-146-244-115.range86-146.btcentralplus.com/86.146.244.115)
Our team has just set a club record 23 games unbeaten and got us within a whisker of automatic promotion from a position that some of use thought would be difficult to even make the playoffs and some people on here want to criticise or moan about someone or something.

We didn't play well, we don't have enough leaders, some players never showed up, the captain is a poster boy and the 3000+ supporters that took the trouble to get up there were atrocious. Really? FFS.

Yes we didn't play anywhere near our best, but we still had 72% possession away in a tough environment, created more chances than Birmingham and were still trying to get back in the game until very late on. The conditions were not in our favour and the key moments in the game didn't go in our favour. None of those facts show a lack of character. The players were gutted at the end and by the sound of it more gutted than some supporters that want to criticise them.

To his credit the much maligned Mickey has refrained from posting negative stuff on here and was the first poster to plead that no one blames the players. He set an example. Some others on here need to take a long hard look at themselves.

This team has the potential to be one of Fulham's great teams. Over the next week we need to stop all the negativity and get behind the them.

Not much to ask is it?

Replies:

+1 (NT) -- ffc123, Tuesday, May 08, 12:10:43pm (host86-170-61-221.range86-170.btcentralplus.com/86.170.61.221)
+2 - can't believe the ammount of bullsh#t on here the last few days. (NT) -- Pennywise, Tuesday, May 08, 12:12:26pm (NoHost/81.145.233.10)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BestOfBrede

077.gif
0001.jpeg
049:gif

toshes mate

Love it and not a 'what if' anywhere.....

Burt

Agree with his sentiments, you look at a lot of the guff written on the various boards, twitter, etc. and it is clear the disappointment of not going up has turned in to arguably unwarranted criticism of some of the team. The same team that 23 games ago were 18 points adrift of Cardiff yet managed to go on a run of form that pushed Cardiff all the way.

It was a bad day at the office, and a missed opportunity.

The next 2 (hopefully 3) matches are vital - if we fall behind then make a wall of noise and back the team. It was noticeable at St Andrews that after they took the lead, for large chunks of the game, we were either silent or having a pop at things.

Keep the faith, all is not lost. Lets give Derby a right stuffing.

Regardless of the outcome, the team deserve plaudits for the football they have played and the unbeaten run they put together. Amazing stuff, and a privilege to have seen it first hand.

KJS

ex-Pat

Yeah,I was so positive on Sunday,,had to win one game, now it's three games..

BigbadBillyMcKinley

You know, I've hated reading some of the comments on Twitter. Some saying the players should be ashamed etc. They just finished the best run I've seen in my 20 odd years of supporting the club. We went from languishing at the bottom of the table, to almost going up automatically.
We didn't roll over and die, we just came to the end of our luck. We have Derby and I know we can beat them, and then hopefully Villa at Wembley. 3 more games, 3 more wins. If we can do a 23 game run, then a 3 game one is a piece of cake.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

HV71

Most of the poor souls who spend their lives on Twitter have probably never played snakes and ladders - so for the uninitiated on Sunday we trod on a 🐍- but worry not as there is still a chance to get hold of a ladder

Lighthouse

But it doesn't change anything. Who cares except us what we say. This silly pointless nagging of fans who are or were critical or who didn't join in the whole 'we show up and will win' mentality. People are rightly miffed and will show sometimes over the top criticism. But the same people will wet themselves and over do the comments when a good result appears. It is what we do.

So after being run down for being negative before the Brum game. Well before every game to be fair. I don't run anybody down for any comments however clever or banal they happen to be. Let's debate and comment but stop running fans down The same negative fans will still be biting their nails and hoping for a good result and some will be physically there supporting the team. Over the years we have spent enough time and money following a team we love. We ALL have the right to let off steam. Including the posters attacking each others comments. But in the end it really doesn't matter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 08, 2018, 12:24:48 PM
At last some common sense and balance on TIFF

Some on here need to change their mindset and attitide over the next week. -- The Drobe, Tuesday, May 08, 12:08:11pm (host86-146-244-115.range86-146.btcentralplus.com/86.146.244.115)
Our team has just set a club record 23 games unbeaten and got us within a whisker of automatic promotion from a position that some of use thought would be difficult to even make the playoffs and some people on here want to criticise or moan about someone or something.

We didn't play well, we don't have enough leaders, some players never showed up, the captain is a poster boy and the 3000+ supporters that took the trouble to get up there were atrocious. Really? FFS.

Yes we didn't play anywhere near our best, but we still had 72% possession away in a tough environment, created more chances than Birmingham and were still trying to get back in the game until very late on. The conditions were not in our favour and the key moments in the game didn't go in our favour. None of those facts show a lack of character. The players were gutted at the end and by the sound of it more gutted than some supporters that want to criticise them.

To his credit the much maligned Mickey has refrained from posting negative stuff on here and was the first poster to plead that no one blames the players. He set an example. Some others on here need to take a long hard look at themselves.

This team has the potential to be one of Fulham's great teams. Over the next week we need to stop all the negativity and get behind the them.

Not much to ask is it?

Replies:

+1 (NT) -- ffc123, Tuesday, May 08, 12:10:43pm (host86-170-61-221.range86-170.btcentralplus.com/86.170.61.221)
+2 - can't believe the ammount of bullsh#t on here the last few days. (NT) -- Pennywise, Tuesday, May 08, 12:12:26pm (NoHost/81.145.233.10)

Such a relief to read this after all the whingeing drivel (no, hostile drivel) I've been reading over the last couple of days.
This has put me back on my porridge.  Thanks TIFF and whoever else has a positive bone in their body.
Nogood "time to show some spine, isit" Boyo

RaySmith

Great OP.

A lot of the criticism is way over the top, but what really gets to me is the personal nature of much of it, ie - they bottled it, didn't try, don't care, just want a move away etc., although these are the players who have battled and grafted into this positon of challenging for promotion from what seemed a hopeless  case - more like relegation candidates.

So, I would like to thank Cairney and the team for all their efforts for Fulham FC, in putting such a fantastic run together.

I'm sure they were at least as gutted as the fans at how the game went on Sunday, though they kept battling right to the end, and I'm sure they will make every effort to produce positive results in the  next two, and hopefully three, games to come.

Southcoastffc

If I were Slavisa, I'd certainly consider collecting all the 'Fulham are bottlers' comments and put them before the squad to fire them up.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Twig

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 08, 2018, 04:40:29 PM
If I were Slavisa, I'd certainly consider collecting all the 'Fulham are bottlers' comments and put them before the squad to fire them up.

Do you really think they need that to fire them up? 

Woolly Mammoth

If the players cannot fire themselves up, then they have serious issues with their mentality and desire.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We, the fans, have over recent years, suffered a lot but there we were on Sunday within a whisker of promotion and the team didn't really perform to their best ability, we missed a golden opportunity. Understandably we were disappointed and naturally gave vent to our feelings.

However, we now have a second chance for promotion, we know the team have talent and can put in great performances so we need to re group and get right behind the team again.

ffcne

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 08, 2018, 06:24:06 PM
If the players cannot fire themselves up, then they have serious issues with their mentality and desire.
Cannot believe you support Fulham.
Are you a Brentford Fan.
Everything you have commented on since Sunday has been negative.
Get behind the team and stop having a go .
Or shove off down the road to Brentford.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: ffcne on May 08, 2018, 08:02:56 PM
Are you a Brentford Fan.

I think you misunderstand what Woolly is saying.  But I'm sure he'll point that out to you himself.

Fulham Tup North

Are you a Brentford Fan.

That's the spirit....Do as I do & Say or go away!!
The perfect attitude :(
Some of us were very down after Sunday, but as 'Statto' said, come Friday we will all be behind the team 100%.
No need for acting like a D1@K!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

hovewhite

Easy potshot at people who pay and travel that dare have a view that doesn't agree with yours, unless you travel home and away,if you do! everyone has an opinion.
The opinion you don't agree with fans sharing on a public message board! Don't read others opinion!
Stay away!

Woolly Mammoth

Are you a Brentford Fan.

Well that just goes to show how much you know.
Has there been a misunderstanding.
I think there has been a case of mistaken identity here.
But just in case there hasn't, I shall try even harder to be negative, just to get even more on your nerves.
Just don't fall out your pram with me grasshopper, cause you won't be shoving me anywhere.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.