watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joshua Maja videos and articles.

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, February 02, 2021, 12:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Honestly never heard of him before but been looking at a few videos and articles and he looks pretty promising.

Here's a few for starters...

1.- Time at Sunderland

https://youtu.be/98tkNhp5YSs

2.- Time at Bordeaux

https://youtu.be/yoX6MrrTzU8

I just watched Sunderland Till.I Die (Netflix) S2:E2-4 which covers what was quite a saga when Maja left Sunderland... He was very popular with everybody at the club and doing very well, and they wanted to keep him desperately...but his agent seemed to do them over to be fair...worth noting for future reference...

milis

I have a very good feeling about this kid. He's got a football brain and great skills. I think he will fit nicely with the rest of the team, but may not be enough for survival.

Woolly Mammoth

Well let's hope he scores a hatrick on his debut if he is good as you say he is.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Wait what?  He's the Sunderland kid...oh yeah, they did NOT want to let that kid go.

Not a lot of pace...but he can finish.   We'll see how he does at this level.

Josh actually came up in Season 1.   Crazy that I watched that series..and now he's at Fulham.

OT: Sunderland Til I Die should be required viewing for any football fan.   Better than the Amazon stuff.

Loved it.   Can't remember who on here pointed me to that series, but highly thankful I am.

ealex40

In our previous promotion season, we had that 26 game unbeaten run. The game before that run started, we lost 0-1 at Sunderland and the new kid came on as a substitute and scored their winning goal. I remember the match commentator saying that he'd previously been in our Youth system.

Milo

I've been thinking about how best to play it for next season and to start to build a squad that will be the foundations for a successful Premiership push/survival next time.

I think the Robinson model is best. Buy 20-25 year old players who are coming through at lower levels and show real promise.

I was thinking 1 midfielder and 1 striker in that category. We may have found the striker early which is great news? Time will tell. He has 2-3 years to develop.

Just need a midfielder now.

Dodgin

bobby01

Surprised that he seems two footed, can hit a ball with either.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

He could end up being the difference one way or another, let us hope he can find the net where others have failed. But we also need contributions from midfield on the score sheet also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

We need him to score in his first game. If that can happen, it will build a buzz he can build off. Problem is, he will come on in the 70th and not have much chance. Start  him, it's time to take risks
I was there, standing in the Putney end

We Are Premier League

My only worry is that he appears to be decent at everything (Cauley Woodrow...) but is he great at something? I think he will help us a lot next year (if we go down) but i don't think he will be the guy saving us in the PL...

Noticed this wording on the official..."he's returning to the Club in our First Team with an opportunity to earn his place in our squad and prove himself at the highest level" probably not what you would say if he was brought in to be the number one striker.

blingo

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 02, 2021, 10:28:04 AM
My only worry is that he appears to be decent at everything (Cauley Woodrow...) but is he great at something? I think he will help us a lot next year (if we go down) but i don't think he will be the guy saving us in the PL...

Noticed this wording on the official..."he's returning to the Club in our First Team with an opportunity to earn his place in our squad and prove himself at the highest level" probably not what you would say if he was brought in to be the number one striker.

100% correct. It's going to take the time we do not have to bring him up to premiership speed.

Fernhurst

Agreed must take a chance now. Leicester in poor form, go at them straight from the off  with our TWO up front.
Time to create a buzz within the team and nothing does that better than chances and goals.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 02, 2021, 10:28:04 AM

Well, IMO it would be foolish in the extreme to bring him in as the number one - unless you were really trying to antagonise Mitro.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JimOG

Quote from: Milo on February 02, 2021, 07:43:19 AM
I've been thinking about how best to play it for next season and to start to build a squad that will be the foundations for a successful Premiership push/survival next time.

I think the Robinson model is best. Buy 20-25 year old players who are coming through at lower levels and show real promise.

I was thinking 1 midfielder and 1 striker in that category. We may have found the striker early which is great news? Time will tell. He has 2-3 years to develop.

Just need a midfielder now.

My view too. Parker, in his Sky interview, talked about the importance of young & hungry. If we get relegated and loose virtually all our loan players plus Zambo and probably Mitro it will really test TK's recruitment process but this should be its guiding principle

3rdgenfan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOKkJyOVed4&ab_channel=SunderlandAFC

Link to Sunderland v Fulham highlights with Maja scoring. Great save from Betts by the way

MikeTheCubed

Joshua Erowoli Orisunmihare Oluwaseun Maja.

Big name signing.

grandad

Seems to be a quicker Mitro. Can shoot, pass & has good assists. Might be the spur that Mitro needs.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Syd Cupp

I mentioned it on the transfer deadline post and confirmed by logicman Maja was one of our youth (u16) players prior to joining Man city then Sunderland.