more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 out and 1 in

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 02, 2021, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: filham on February 02, 2021, 12:42:35 PM
I alwayd felt that Kebano and Kamara deserved more game time and am sorry to see them leave.
However they obviously didn't have the qualities that Parker was looking for.
Parker seems to have settled on a 5-3-2 formation and now has Mitro,Cav.,Reid and Maja to fill the two front places, that seem sound to me, just hope Maja can hit the ground running and proves more capable at scoring goals than those that have left.
Oh dear I overlooked Lookman, so our attacking players are Mitro, Cav.,Reid, Lookman and Maja. That is two on the pitch, two on the bench and one in the treatment room.
There really was no room for two more.

filham

So, who are the five we have let go ?
Kebano, Kamara, Stefjo, MLM., and  ? ?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on February 02, 2021, 01:15:48 PM

Seri.

filham

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 02, 2021, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: filham on February 02, 2021, 01:15:48 PM

Seri.
Oh yes we did well to lose Seri, a nice player I thought but absolutely no use to us if not in the squad.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 02, 2021, 12:34:41 PM
This "Kamara has no footballing brain" has to be up there with some of the most ignorant regurgitated nonsense I see on this board. It is like it becomes true for some posters just because they keep repeating it. I have seen no evidence of Kamara lacking footballing intelligence more than half the players of the squad. Take Lookman for example, for every good move he makes the wrong decision a couple of times, but yet I don't see people questioning his footballing intelligence to the level of saying that he lacks a footballing brain. In my opinion Kamara is at least a half decent squad player in the PL, and a fairly good starter/very good squad player in a top half Championship team.

Another strange thing is people keep repeating that Kebano has been so good for us, when he arguably has been a non-factor for 95 % of his time here. He seems a likeable guy, but I feel that he is remembered almost entirely because he happened to string together a couple of good games in a row after 3 years doing almost nothing (although also given few opportunities). In my opinion he is a squad player in the Championship, and unlikely to have any impact above that level other than the occasional lightning strike. In his defence he has rarely gotten to play in any sort of regular manner, but that also shows that neither Joka, Ranieri or Parker has rated him above any of Kamara, Aluko, Ayite, Sessegnon, Vietto and others. With that said, maybe if he had gotten more chances he would have flourished, but that would have surprised me slightly.

But the above is of course just my opinion and I am no expert and neither do I see these players day in and day out in training. On the pitch in actual games Kamara has however almost always been preferred by our coaches, but both he and Kebano has respectable points return if playing time is taken into account. Kamara is the only one of the two that has actually managed to score in the PL though.

A good footballing brain would give the player the ability to see a pass or see where to make an interception. AK could do neither. He would run so much, to make up his mistakes.
Your point about Kebano is a fair one to be honest, and I can't really argue with it. Maybe its a bit of general love in for him, I don't know.