watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reassurance required

Started by Whitesideup, May 17, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Just how bad is the view from the cheap seats at the back of Wembley?

I have heard others, albeit supporters of North London teams, that they would never bother going back to sit in these seats, no matter how big the game.  Are the seats really that far from the pitch? You can't read shirt numbers, and you can barely see the ball. Is this an exaggeration? Anyone been to the new Wembley and have an opinion?

Riversider

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 17, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

I have heard others, albeit supporters of North London teams, that they would never bother going back to sit in these seats, no matter how big the game.  Are the seats really that far from the pitch? You can't read shirt numbers, and you can barely see the ball. Is this an exaggeration? Anyone been to the new Wembley and have an opinion?

Went once to an England game and sat in the upper tier, I vowed that day that if Fulham ever got to Wembley and only the top tier was available then I would sooner stay at home and watch it on tv,
If you've ever been to Newcastle or the upper tier at Twickenham then you will get the idea,
There's a reason why the upper tier at Wembley are sold last and are so cheap ! Not for me thank you but others may have a different opinion.

Dougie

You definitely feel somewhat removed from the action, but your view is absolutely fine. It's no worse than being up in the gods somewhere like Newcastle away.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Dougie on May 17, 2018, 07:59:18 AM
You definitely feel somewhat removed from the action, but your view is absolutely fine. It's no worse than being up in the gods somewhere like Newcastle away.
Thank you. The first semi-positive view I have heard. Certainly not ideal, but maybe something we can live with, if only once.

Barry White

If you use this link - http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat.aspx

You can hover over the block your seats are in and then it shows you the view.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Riversider on May 17, 2018, 07:43:36 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on May 17, 2018, 07:31:29 AM

Went once to an England game and sat in the upper tier, I vowed that day that if Fulham ever got to Wembley and only the top tier was available then I would sooner stay at home and watch it on tv,
If you've ever been to Newcastle or the upper tier at Twickenham then you will get the idea,
There's a reason why the upper tier at Wembley are sold last and are so cheap ! Not for me thank you but others may have a different opinion.
Thank you Riversider. This is in line with the view I have from others. We are at the front of the back as it were, not in the very cheapest of seats, and I take some comfort from Dougie's post just after yours. I am, however, totally frustrated that I could not get access to better seats as I couldn't log in due to work. But now I suppose it's a case of "Que sera....".

fcfulham55

I don't think the view is that bad from up high. Having been at the very back row! 
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Whitesideup

Quote from: fcfulham55 on May 17, 2018, 09:09:17 AM
I don't think the view is that bad from up high. Having been at the very back row! 
Thank you. It's good to hear that it may not be the end of the world that I feared....

Slaphead in Qatar

I went to see England v Ukraine a while back and sat up high. To be honest I was disappointed with the view. Players looked very small and I felt removed from the action and atmosphere.

Woolly Mammoth

I am in the top tier, but first row, which slightly overhangs.
It may not be 100% ideal, but to be honest, I am grateful to watch Mighty Fulham FC live in action at Wembley. A situation I never thought I would ever see again in my lifetime.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

supersimmo123

I sat at the 2nd row from the back about 4 weeks ago for Saints v Chelsea with my Saints mate. It was fine, we were directly behind the goal you could see everything. Dont get me wrong you couldn't see a players face clearly but it was more than ok. I have done many a trip to Wembley and can safely say that you always get a view. Some higher than others some not so much.

Daddy Pig

Go and enjoy Fulham at Wembley - not to be missed.

Yes the views are more distant, this is the compromise in a 90,000 seater stadium.  Many fans from the premier league, Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Face these distant views every week.

At Craven Cottage we are spoiled every week by having the best views, close to the pitch, almost in the action.  So don't judge it against the best ground in the world to watch football.

Enjoy the moment COYW!!!!

Southdowns White

Having sat in the gods before at various sporting events the difference was made by the supporters around me and not the view. At Twickenham the atmosphere was sterile and detached where as places like Newcastle following Fulham the atmosphere was great and the view didn't bother me. For internationals at Wembley the atmosphere is often not made because you have thousands of people who don't have a common supporters week in week out understanding of singing and bonding. It will be very different next week. I have friends coming who grew up in Fulham who have been season ticket holders and live in various places long distances from Craven Cottage but usually get to 3-4 games a year if they are lucky but still Fulham through and through, they will be making a racket just like me.

MJG

In 2008 I went to the FA Trophy final, sat in top Tier behind the tunnel as you can see.
Its high up but clear view and in a packed wembley its going to fine.

Just the views of a long term fan

Jimpav

I was up in the Gods for one of the Olympic matches, you can still see all the action but you may struggle with shirt numbers, depending on your eye sight.

The atmosphere was great though and at the end of the day you are goint to see Fulham play at Wembley, no supporter in their right mind would turn this down!

Milo

It's being there and in a way the "up in the clouds" bit adds to the novelty.

Newcastle away last year I couldn't see much but the roar of the crowd as Newcastle scored was quite frightening under foot.