more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

43 years of waiting.....

Started by Baston White, May 16, 2018, 10:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Just booked my tickets.
Having gone to the semi-final at Hillsborough in 1975, I couldn't afford to go to the Wembley final.
How long have we all waited for this.
Wherever the result I know that this,next to Hamburg,will be a day I will enjoy to the max 😊.
C.O.Y.W.

Chrismmo

Congrats, Hamburg was an amazing experience
I remember the trip on the coach overnight from the cottage buzzing, and then the coach back the next night in silence.
Still wouldn't have missed it for the world!
This time will be different.

filham

Yes , we have talked about another Wembley visit since 1975 but having achieved this target it seems of secondary importance to gaining promotion to the Premier League. Promotion is the big prize, anything less will be a disappointment.

bog

We drove through 5 countries to get to Hamburg, what a night that was. Still recall one of the towns in Germany signposted....Wankem   :022:

092.gif

The Swan

Great journey to Hamburg from the Cottage.
Great game apart from the last few minutes and the result. Will live long in my memory bank.
The Swan

Stevieboy

Postponed my first wedding due to us reaching the final in 1975......went to every game enroute, 12 games to the final in those days...those bloody replays against Hull and Forest!!
The Europa run was equally thrilling and just as surprising!!

Priceless memories that are still being made and I thank this genuine football club for being a part of my life since the sixties having gone to school at Queens Manor primary school which backed onto Stevenage Road, who would have thought playing in the playground that 50 years plus later.......
I never thought I'd see us in this position again or with a team so brilliant in every way.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

BarneyTravers

What a great post Stevie boy!

coyw

bog

Quote from: Stevieboy on May 16, 2018, 06:05:34 PM
Postponed my first wedding due to us reaching the final in 1975......went to every game enroute, 12 games to the final in those days...those bloody replays against Hull and Forest!!
The Europa run was equally thrilling and just as surprising!!

Priceless memories that are still being made and I thank this genuine football club for being a part of my life since the sixties having gone to school at Queens Manor primary school which backed onto Stevenage Road, who would have thought playing in the playground that 50 years plus later.......
I never thought I'd see us in this position again or with a team so brilliant in every way.

049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif ALWAYS BELIEVING  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

That was some dedication to the cause!!    :Haynes The Maestro: 082.gif

NorfolkJim

Sound like we have a bit in common. I couldn't go to the FA Cup final as being 11 at the time I couldn't get anyone to take me.

I had no idea FFC was on that mammoth cup run when I first went to Fulham. It was 1975 and Fulham were taking on Portsmouth. I had been begging my dad to take me to a football game for ages but he never would - he was a workaholic with an unhappy marriage. The times I saw him he just sat in a chair in front of the TV so I was thrilled when he agreed. We lived in Latimer near Little Chalfont so I went through the pools coupon suggesting games to go to. Dad didn't want to go to Watford (Our closest team) or Arsenal or Spurs, or QPR, or Chelsea or Crystal Palace - He had something against all of them but when I suggested Fulham he couldn't find anything against them except he didn't much care for Tommy Trinder. I was so excited to go on the tube with my dad and walk up through Bishops park to the Cottage. We got there stupid early and stood outside. I was busting for a pee and Dad asked the guy on the gate if he could help so he took me into the cottage and low and behold, who else was in there but Bobby Moore! I got his autograph. When the doors opened we went in to the enclosure. You could still get a box to stand on then - must have been the last time as I never saw those boxes again after that but being small I stood at the front up against the railings and my blood turned from red into Black & White. I think it was 2-2 but it didn't matter - its always been about more than football for me - I love Fulham and all the memories it has for me. Dad being in the army we moved away but wherever I've gone I've carried on watching Fulham and going to as many games as I could - even had a season ticket for a while - which got me a ticket for Hamburg. Great journey to get there but forever etched on my mind that goal at the end with Forlan wheeling away and Mark shwartzer (Spelled wrong?) forlornly looking at it go in. One of these times we wont fall at the last!