watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My mate a Villa fan says

Started by The Swan, May 16, 2018, 02:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Villa season ticket holders can only but one ticket each for the play off final. Fulham fans are so lucky.
The Swan

FFCSteve

What he should have said was this years season ticket holders are so lucky!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Lighthouse

Depends how many season ticket holders buy tickets and sell to fans who are not regular attendees.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 16, 2018, 03:01:40 PM
Depends how many season ticket holders buy tickets and sell to fans who are not regular attendees.
Absolutely loads are doing this, so that by lunchtime all the good seats had gone.

KJS

Villa Fans get 1 each as they have no mates to buy them for!

FFCSteve

Quote from: FFCSteve on May 16, 2018, 02:44:40 PM
What he should have said was this years season ticket holders are so lucky!

I should have added: and all those queue jumpers begging for tickets before their turn!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

choice_of_ends

At Villa STH and members can buy from the beginning. Allocation possible, mates can sit together.

Robbie

Our system is really bad. They should have limited to 3 each.

KJS

Quote from: Robbie on May 16, 2018, 05:42:08 PM
Our system is really bad. They should have limited to 3 each.

I actually think it should have been 6 so that it was a nice round number  049:gif

fluffyninja

We are not used to things like this happening to our club so it's a guarantee we'll cock it up , just reading some of the frustration in some of the posts on here , been at work it's not looking good , I thought members would be sure of 1 ticket :doh: :doh:

KJS

Quote from: fluffyninja on May 16, 2018, 06:42:42 PM
We are not used to things like this happening to our club so it's a guarantee we'll cock it up , just reading some of the frustration in some of the posts on here , been at work it's not looking good , I thought members would be sure of 1 ticket :doh: :doh:

By my rough calculation I would say that there are still approx. 11700 tickets remaining as of 18:45 tonight

hovewhite

Should be maximum of 2 per season ticket holder 5 each is not fair to members.

General

They do have a far bigger fan base.. but are one of three teams competing for those fans in their catchment area (in wolves, themselves and brum) none of which stand out in terms of quality these days but in villa who have the most history. That counts for something.

Twig

On another thread MJG asked how many tickets per STH we felt would be fair. This was prior to consultations between the Supporters Trust and FFC.  The choices were 2, 3 or 4.  I calculated 3 would be fair and I still think I was correct. My wife and I are STH's so we have benefited, but I don't agree with it, where the hell did they get 5 from?

fulhamben

Quote from: KJS on May 16, 2018, 06:47:25 PM

By my rough calculation I would say that there are still approx. 11700 tickets remaining as of 18:45 tonight

it's around 16000 left, Fulham tweeted 22500 sold around 40 mins ago
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Interesting to hear they consulted fans and bodies said to represent fans and came up with five. I've used the five per season ticket holder to my advantage but still felt it was steep. Especially as it comes with the condition of only being able to buy 5 at a time as separate transactions per season ticket. Seems like the whole process was slightly haphazard and not taken as seriously as it should've been.

fluffyninja

Cheers , and is it saturday they go on sale for members ? Ironic that I reckon I went to 15-16 home games just 1 away should've just bought the season ticket.

FulhamStu

My son is a season ticket holder which I buy for him as he lives in London and can go every game.  I go to as many games as I can and my son gets me tickets,  my Dad is 88 years old and has been going since 1940 but only goes to one or two games a season.   James today uses 3 of his 5 possibles for himself, myself and my Dad.   If used correctly, this is fair.   Obviously if someone buys 5, give one to a QPR mate and sells the other 3 for inflated prices he is an arsehole.   It's up to season ticket holders to do the right thing.

Andy S

I am a season ticket holder as is my son and two grand sons. We have only bought the tickets we need which is 7. So don't presume all season ticket holders are buying their full entitlement. I think it is wrong to sell to touts and for that reason would never buy from a tout. The club is in a position where it wants to sell its full allocation while pleasing all supporters. If you cannot get a ticket don't blame the club. Just look at what you could have done to ensure you got a ticket. My grand kids season tickets for the season were only abou £55 .00

HV71

I think it was totally wrong to give season ticket holders 5 each ( although I understand it is difficult for the club ) . We have two season tickets , but sadly due to a major family event in Italy, we cannot go and are gutted. We knew that this might be an issue back in March and when a frequent and loyal fan expressed his concerns about potential ticketing issues should we get to the playoffs - we agreed then to help him out. Of our remaining allocation we have just allowed them to go back into the system.  I am horrified that there must be some ST holders who have taken their allocation and trying to sell them for profit  - that is disgraceful and could ( and should ) have been prevented ( or the likelihood decreased) by the club only allowing 2 tickets / ST holder

Shame on those who have exploited the situation and denied genuine fans ( particularly those exiled in different parts of this country and the world ) the opportunity to live the dream. You are simply not worthy of this football club and the many decent fans that follow it.