watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Recommended boozers and meeting places for Wembley, please use this thread 🍺

Started by LVBPTS, May 16, 2018, 03:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

obviously there will be Fulham areas and Villa areas...just wondering where the masses of Whites are going to congregate before we descend on the Wembley walk?
Supporter since 2000

Sherlock

This Cup final thing is so new to almost all of us we won't know what to do haha

I arrive in London at midday and hope to get some food and have some drinks with fellow Fulham fans (Central/West somewhere I assume) before heading to Wembley. There will be pubs hosting Fulham fans I think

Woolly Mammoth

There is a Sports Bar further along the main drag, that overlooks the Stadium, I go there before England Matches.
It will have plenty of Security on the door, you will need to get there early.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Sports Bar and Grill at Marylebone station is good but will be packed, poss have a beer in Putney before heading up North!!

hovewhite

Will be in the William Morris hammersmith.

Ordar

The Green Man in Wembley at the top of the hill is by far the best pub in the area. Hoping it's a Fulham pub for the final

sussexwhite

I'm going to start at The Golden Lion and then on from there as it's a local meeting point....

LVBPTS

Quote from: Ordar on May 16, 2018, 08:11:32 PM
The Green Man in Wembley at the top of the hill is by far the best pub in the area. Hoping it's a Fulham pub for the final
That's the one I went to for the fa cup final...palace man U...it's brilliant there and they put on a BBQ as well. But if memory serves me correctly, that will be villas side. We will be given the other end of wembley

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

Jims Dentist

Quote from: hovewhite on May 16, 2018, 07:53:49 PM
Will be in the William Morris hammersmith.
Yes might start there.☺

H4usuallysitting

JJ Moons Wetherspoons pub - 10 second walk from Kingsbury Station.......I go there prior to England games, so they're used to big crowds on match days.....the other place is Moore Spice an extremely large curry house again used to dealing with large crowds and massive I think it has three floors

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com

Riversider

Moons will be allocated to Villa by the looks of it,
Ive been having a bit of a suss out and The Torch looks a decent bet, good reviews and well located for our end,

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/middlesex/torch/?utm_source=g_places&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=places&utm_content=C2928

Riversider

The Green Man will be allocated to Villa

Marinelloguthrie

Any idea if when you come out of Wembley Park St you are sort of led to the stadium or can you go where you want?

fulhamdk

i was at the fa cup semi final last year and before the match there was a lot of city fans in a little green square just opposite Tesco Express on Empire Way.Which seems to be in our side of Wembley.

Riversider

Sherlock

If it is the same as last year's play-off final, we will get the following pubs allocated to us:

The Torch, 1 - 5 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Crock of Gold, 23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Watkins Folly, 1 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0EW
Blue Check Café, 12 - 13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ
Crystal Club (Silverspoon), South Way, Wembley, HA9 9HF
The Parish, 120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP
First Class Sports Bar, 125 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
The Wembley Tavern, 121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
Flyers Last Stand, 45 Blackbird Hill, NW9 8RS

As Riversider said, The Torch looks a good'un especially if the suns out.

bwamy

Quote from: Marinelloguthrie on May 16, 2018, 11:40:18 PM
Any idea if when you come out of Wembley Park St you are sort of led to the stadium or can you go where you want?

You can sort of go where you want on the way to the station but once you take the steps leading onto Olympic Way, you are very much restricted and basically have to follow the road to the stadium. 

Some people have mentioned The Torch, which is a decent pre-match pub easily accessible a couple of minutes walk to the left on Bridge Road when you leave Wembley Park station, so not going down the long flight of steps.

Leaving the stadium is going to be a different story if you are heading to Wembley Park station via Olympic Way. Expect the walk from your seat to inside the station to take a good half hour and there is nowhere to turn off. If you are hoping to quickly find a pub to watch the Champions League then best not to head in the direction of Wembley Park station. Either that or chance the wait and just get out of the Wembley area to find a pub.

bwamy

I've been to The Torch for England games. A big outside area if the weather's good. Easily accommodate a few hundred fans. Very short walk from Wembley Park station for a few pints and then maybe 15 minutes to walk to the stadium.

Riversider

Quote from: bwamy on May 17, 2018, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: Marinelloguthrie on May 16, 2018, 11:40:18 PM

You can sort of go where you want on the way to the station but once you take the steps leading onto Olympic Way, you are very much restricted and basically have to follow the road to the stadium. 

Some people have mentioned The Torch, which is a decent pre-match pub easily accessible a couple of minutes walk to the left on Bridge Road when you leave Wembley Park station, so not going down the long flight of steps.

Leaving the stadium is going to be a different story if you are heading to Wembley Park station via Olympic Way. Expect the walk from your seat to inside the station to take a good half hour and there is nowhere to turn off. If you are hoping to quickly find a pub to watch the Champions League then best not to head in the direction of Wembley Park station. Either that or chance the wait and just get out of the Wembley area to find a pub.

Seriously,  who gives a flying **** about The Champions League Final on the day Fulham get to Wembley ? I didn't even realise that it was on that day until I read your post.

bwamy

Quote from: Riversider on May 17, 2018, 02:34:12 PM
Seriously,  who gives a flying **** about The Champions League Final on the day Fulham get to Wembley ? I didn't even realise that it was on that day until I read your post.
Well providing there is no extra-time there should be about 45 minutes between thanking the boys and the start of the Champions League final. I think it is fair to say that some Fulham fans will be watching it. Its going to be on anyway. No question about what the main event of the day is though.