watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Villa think we won't sell out

Started by fcfulham55, May 16, 2018, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

How many did we get given for hamburg? How many did we sell/did we sell out?

If they think we won't sing then, having been to hamburg for the europa league final I can tell them they may need to think again. We were loud at hamburg, at points piercingly loud. And we'll have more fans at Wembley than we had there!

General

We had 12,650 seats allocated apparently for europa league final which apparently sold out in 4 hours. So already in official numbers we're already nearly double that.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
Quote from: Sherlock on May 17, 2018, 11:40:24 AM
Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:29:47 AM
Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2018, 11:21:20 AM
Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 11:08:28 AM
Hi all Villa fan here.

I think you will sell out but I don't think any of our fans thought your club would offer 5 tickets per a reference which seems crazy for a Playoff final I know Fulham isn't one of the bigger supported teams but with that I expect you to. Our club is allowing 1 ticket per reference as we have over 20000 ST holders which is fair or else the tickets would of sold out yesterday.

:003:

I'm confused.

If less tickets are offered to ST holders initially, surely that just means more will go on general sale later.

If we'd only offered 1 per ST holder, then all those ST holders wanting more than one would just have bought the extra in the general sale a few days later.

So how does offering more/less to ST holders make a sell-out more/less likely?

All it means is more of our tickets will have been purchased by genuine fans who go to games, rather than random people and Johnny-come-latelys.

Admittedly it's possible those random people can just get an ST holder to buy for them, but at least that's a bit more hassle than just being able to buy them in a large general sale, which is what will happen with Villa's allocation.

Hi

What I mean is that with Villa having 20000 plus ST Holders if we ventured into Fulham's option of upto 5 tickets each the tickets would of sold out last night which was the first day of sale. I don't know Fulham's ST numbers but I am guessing on attendances its not much over 10-12000 I may be wrong so apologies if I am! But with this Fulham can offer more tickets per reference to ST Holder's who can then resell them on which I believe is not right but what can you do. If a ST Holder is buying upto 5 tickets it also means a lot of fans there will likely just be fans who want to see a big game at Wembley maybe not loyal Fulham fans which is also wrong IMO.

Personally i think you're jumping to a lot of conclusions. I would strongly believe that Fulham ST holders buying more than 1 ticket are doing it to provide tickets for people who are fans - probably family/friends and are also members/regular attenders. granted there may be the odd friend who's been a few times but really support another team. I can't see ST holders taking up the full 5 just for the sake of it given the cost. Ticket sale yesterday seem to agree with me.

We are all aware Villa have a bigger fan base than us, but this is a massive day in Fulham's history and there are still well more than 38,000 people who feel some connection to the club. It should be a great day  049:gif

I agree with a lot of what you've said just don't be surprised if there is a fair few villa fans around you  :005:

This is from Wembley's Rules and Regulations but I doubt they would bother to enforce it.

17 Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which they do not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of their own safety or for any other reason.
Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations#acUMt63cWzzDLkiG.99

NorfolkJim

Well with Fulham it wouldn't be they get chucked out for their own safety but because they had been very naughty boys (or girls)

Whitesideup

The 5 ticket per season ticket holder does, I think, make it more likely that we sell more tickets. The reasoning is that all the best seats went very, very quickly. Now if you are a committed supporter, you will still buy tickets in less favourable parts of the ground, basically the seats in the gods. Some less committed supporters may well think that they won't bother viewing the game from that distance and potentially not in the midst of the passionate supporters, so they don't buy. Conversely some people who didn't have attending high on their priority might be offered a good seat by a season ticket holder who bought up his or her allocation of seats to offer to friends.

So attendance increased - only negative is that season ticket holders who couldn't get in early enough end up with seats they really didn't want. You might have guessed from this (and another thread I started) this was a big disappointment.

General

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 17, 2018, 02:49:26 PM
The 5 ticket per season ticket holder does, I think, make it more likely that we sell more tickets. The reasoning is that all the best seats went very, very quickly. Now if you are a committed supporter, you will still buy tickets in less favourable parts of the ground, basically the seats in the gods. Some less committed supporters may well think that they won't bother viewing the game from that distance and potentially not in the midst of the passionate supporters, so they don't buy. Conversely some people who didn't have attending high on their priority might be offered a good seat by a season ticket holder who bought up his or her allocation of seats to offer to friends.

So attendance increased - only negative is that season ticket holders who couldn't get in early enough end up with seats they really didn't want. You might have guessed from this (and another thread I started) this was a big disappointment.

But tickets are sold north to South along the east side of stadium and then in whichever category fans want. So there's a good chance fans will able to buy tickets not in the gods.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 17, 2018, 10:31:30 AM
Quote from: Twig on May 16, 2018, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 16, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
Always think this is a silly argument. They are one of the biggest clubs in the second biggest city in the Country. We are one of many clubs in the Capital. But over the years we have managed to find fans somehow. They should outsell us. They should beat us as they spent much more money. Yet they wont do either.

Spot on. And as for out drinking us..... well if they want to turn up off their faces that's their choice I guess.

Two things are most certain, they won't out drink us, and they will not beat us.

Your right there Woolly,pour us another Bomadier,then we'll get started on my homemade Hooch...Coyw

Whitesideup

Quote from: General on May 17, 2018, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on May 17, 2018, 02:49:26 PM

But tickets are sold north to South along the east side of stadium and then in whichever category fans want. So there's a good chance fans will able to buy tickets not in the gods.
What? I could not see any tickets in the more expensive categories. They were blanked out. Don't say I bought worse seats than I wanted. Does that imply there are still good seats left? I think not.

AVFC1982

Quote from: General on May 17, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
How many did we get given for hamburg? How many did we sell/did we sell out?

If they think we won't sing then, having been to hamburg for the europa league final I can tell them they may need to think again. We were loud at hamburg, at points piercingly loud. And we'll have more fans at Wembley than we had there!

I would be impressed if Fulham fans did sing well against us I do doubt it though from a club who uses clappers for atmosphere  :003:

Hope you guys prove us wrong though and not just use the clappers for some noise!

peter w

It's a final. There will be noise. From both sides. The loudest will be from the team that's winning.

AVFC1982

Always think this is a silly argument. They are one of the biggest clubs in the second biggest city in the Country. We are one of many clubs in the Capital. But over the years we have managed to find fans somehow. They should outsell us. They should beat us as they spent much more money. Yet they wont do either.

We are the biggest club in Birmingham in fan numbers quite easily - Birmingham and West Brom the other 2 teams struggle to get 25K to games while a crowd below 30k for Villa even in the championship is a small turnout. Wolves also have a big fanbase but its not a Birmingham team and contrary to what Sky will advertise not a Geographically rival of Villa of any meaning. I think if in theory we were given all the stadium for this game we would sell somewhere in the region of 60-80k tickets.

AVFC1982

Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2018, 08:35:07 PM
Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 08:25:07 PM

We are the biggest club in Birmingham in fan numbers quite easily - Birmingham and West Brom the other 2 teams struggle to get 25K to games while a crowd below 30k for Villa even in the championship is a small turnout. Wolves also have a big fanbase but its not a Birmingham team and contrary to what Sky will advertise not a Geographically rival of Villa of any meaning. I think if in theory we were given all the stadium for this game we would sell somewhere in the region of 60-80k tickets.

But be fair... How much of that is attributable to Villa fans being desperate for a trip to London?

Teams from sh1thole places always have a good away following because their fans are so desperate to spend a day somewhere nice.

Naturally We take very low numbers away, which tells you all you need to know about SW6.

I agree that Villa Park is in a sh*thole and Birmingham itself is quite a rough city. In terms of Villa Fans wanting to go to Wembley this will be our 5th game at Wembley since 2010 so its not really a massive attraction to be honest. I went both the League Cup final in 2010 and Semi Final in Fa Cup Vs Chelsea I think after the first game the gloss was taken off Wembley a bit. Villa unlike Fulham has a wider area of support also I'd assume stretching from Warwick Area all the up towards Burton/Derby area which the Main strongholds being North Birmingham, Walsall and Tamworth in my opinion. For myself its more the occasion of us being in a final than London which is the attraction a lot of people in the Midlands seem to prefer a visit to Manchester than London for reasons such as cheaper and in general friendlier people :D

fcfulham55

Not
Quote from: Statto on May 17, 2018, 08:35:07 PM
Quote from: AVFC1982 on May 17, 2018, 08:25:07 PM

But be fair... How much of that is attributable to Villa fans being desperate for a trip to London?

Teams from sh1thole places always have a good away following because their fans are so desperate to spend a day somewhere nice.

Naturally We take very low numbers away, which tells you all you need to know about SW6.

True,  forget how lucky we are. Birmingham is not going to be on anyone's must visit list.

When I go to away games. I never fancy hanging about in places like Brum. No offence intended to Birmingham but I'd honestly rather lose a limb over moving to there.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

HV71

Tarquin thought it was in Alabama

Jonno

I find it quite amazing that anyone doesn't think we won't sell out. If course we will and it will be by Monday at the very latest.
Have faith in our own support, we have a lot more fans than people realise, sadly, a lot of them don't go much for various reasons. I bet they do if we go up though.

Woolly Mammoth

Bigger isn't always better, it's called football snobbery, the bigger they are the harder they fall.
But on the pitch there will only be 11 of them, and they will feel very lonely when the realisation is that the rest of the country, shy a few Brentford and QPR juvenile delinquents will be willing dear old Fulham on to win the David v Goliath contest.
Everyone loves a happy ending, despite the grovelling media football snobs talking Villa up.
But that is not Villas fault.
Plus if we do happen to win, and it's all on the day. I can see it now, they will be talking about how Villa lost it, not how Fulham won it.
But that's Football Snobbery. But what do we care, we will be too busy celebrating.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AVFC1982

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 17, 2018, 10:47:37 PM
Bigger isn't always better, it's called football snobbery, the bigger they are the harder they fall.
But on the pitch there will only be 11 of them, and they will feel very lonely when the realisation is that the rest of the country, shy a few Brentford and QPR juvenile delinquents will be willing dear old Fulham on to win the David v Goliath contest.
Everyone loves a happy ending, despite the grovelling media football snobs talking Villa up.
But that is not Villas fault.
Plus if we do happen to win, and it's all on the day. I can see it now, they will be talking about how Villa lost it, not how Fulham won it.
But that's Football Snobbery. But what do we care, we will be too busy celebrating.

I'm not sure they will face the realisation as you say or care about such about country feeling about Fulham or Villa winning Championship play off  :005: :005: :005:
Either way championship teams next year will get to visit one of the best Away days in Fulham or one of the historic teams in Villa so I think all championship fans will be happy anyway.