watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goalie and penalties

Started by F.luke, December 20, 2020, 08:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.luke

Love our new keeper but I think we would save more if they stayed in the middle.

Baszab

I'm sure he will get plenty of practice given the turgid refereeing we've been receiving

Tempest

Yep, a lot of penalties would be saved if they didn't commit so early.  As an old school keeper myself, very frustrating  the quality of handling the ball these days, always seem to push the ball away rather than holding onto it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

filham

Quote from: Tempest on December 21, 2020, 10:09:07 AM
Yep, a lot of penalties would be saved if they didn't commit so early.  As an old school keeper myself, very frustrating  the quality of handling the ball these days, always seem to push the ball away rather than holding onto it.

They should be made to watch videos of Bert Trautman in action, his handling was second to none.

rebel

Quote from: filham on December 21, 2020, 10:21:12 AM

They should be made to watch videos of Bert Trautman in action, his handling was second to none.

Carried on playing in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck; these days he would be in A & E before you could say 'Jack Sparrow'.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on December 21, 2020, 11:19:51 AM
Quote from: filham on December 21, 2020, 10:21:12 AM

Carried on playing in an FA Cup Final with a broken neck; these days he would be in A & E before you could say 'Jack Sparrow'.   

Those were the days when men were men and women loved them for it.
Unlike today's generation of bad actors, cheats with no shame or conscious, that is why the game as a sport is finished, unless the powers to be grow a pair, and as they have never shown any guts nothing will change and the consequences are dire.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

He could park one of his many car's on the line