https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tickets already on sales on resell sites

Started by Riverside, May 17, 2018, 12:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Can only be season ticket holders cashing in

2 questions

1) what is the clubs policy on this ? I think normally reselling is not permitted ?

2) what should be the policy for the season ticket holders doing this ? ( they must be able to link seats to season ticket holders )

I have some sympathy for using these sites if you buy and cannot go ( as there is usually not a refund policy ) .
BUT these tickets went on sale TODAY and therefore have clearly been bought to cash in . That is not on in my book

Meantime next season ticket holders and this season members are waiting and hoping to buy .

hovewhite

That I think It should have been 2 per S/T holder. Great gesture by the club giving 5each,but nieve also as selling to these resell sites is unfair on S/T holders who can't get tickets.

NorfolkJim

I thought they had made that illegal? People will try and cash in, its human nature. Sad to see it on day 1 though

Albert Square

Replied to your ticket plea yesterday . Are you sorted now Jim ?

NorfolkJim

Quote from: Albert Square on May 17, 2018, 06:22:19 AM
Replied to your ticket plea yesterday . Are you sorted now Jim ?

Yes thank you -  saw you message a few minutes ago and put a response there. Appreciate you remembering me

Fulham 442

This was my worry when STH were allowed to buy five each.  They either should have been limited to 2 initially, thereby giving all Fulham fans a chance to buy directly or tickets released at say 10,000 a time which would have the same result.  I am lucky in that I got a friend to buy me two yesterday  as he and his sons both have season tickets they could buy 15 and I know they will only buy for genuine Fulham fans.  However I worry that our support will become diluted due to people who just fancy a trip to Wembley and have no affiliation to Fulham, as I posted on another thread.

Whitesideup

Allowing 5 for each season ticket holder is not only naive, it's stupid.

mrmicawbers

I'm sure the club could buy any tickets on resale and then ban the season ticket holder responsible.They should threaten it at least in a statement

Ged

I would like to know how that works
How can you re  sell a ticket that you haven't received yet?
So I doubt that these sites have any tickets at all

Roberty

Quote from: Ged on May 17, 2018, 08:23:40 AM
I would like to know how that works
How can you re  sell a ticket that you haven't received yet?
So I doubt that these sites have any tickets at all

Since you have all the ticket detail after you book - no problem - just need to get the paper ticket to the buyer before KO

For Premier League games - bikers are delivering tickets in central London for most of Friday and into the night - mostly season tickets that come with an envelope to put them in after the game, so that the bikers can go to collect them ready for the next game - they arrive with a note - not to tell anyone at the club

From what I can see - some on here brought up to 20 plus tickets more than they needed - "to make sure genuine Fulham supporters get the surplus" - oh yes - and make sure genuine season ticket holders could not buy a premium seat yesterday - well done
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Enclosurite

There are also Villa tickets for re-sale.

I think that some may have been purchased by 'fans' but the majority would be on sale by something a little more professional (career touts) no doubt.
¡COYW!

alexmur

Does anyone have any links to a genuine reseller as it's looking like I'll have to go down that route, not confident I'll get a ticket today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MJG

Quote from: alexmur on May 17, 2018, 09:01:54 AM
Does anyone have any links to a genuine reseller as it's looking like I'll have to go down that route, not confident I'll get a ticket today

If you are eligable today I see no reason why you wont get one or more.
Just the views of a long term fan

Roberty

Quote from: alexmur on May 17, 2018, 09:01:54 AM

What is your idea of a genuine reseller?

Most of the ticket sites will provide what they offer but charge a hefty premium - just make sure you use your CREDIT card and NOT your debit card and you have the protection from them.

Since several on here have brought extra tickets - to make sure genuine Fulham fans get them - I would expect that you could look for the posts and ask them to pass one on to you - at face value plus the fees
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

General

Wait I think everyone calling the sites that are now reselling the tickets as tout sites are over exaggerating somewhat.

Let's think why those tickets may end up on there

Firstly tickets yesterday could only be purchased by season ticket holders and at 5 a season ticket.

Not every season ticket holder bought 5 per season ticket they had. I know three season ticket holders who between them bought a maximum of 9 tickets. Leaving 6 of their alloted tickets free for others.

So where would the excess come from?

Firstly, this is a big game, every one wants a ticket who can make it and will try covering their basis to do so.

You may have a couple of instances where fans will know a few season ticket holders and not have one themselves due to circumstances who've used those networks built from attending games to get them tickets. This could end up if not managed properly to overpurchasing.

There may be some fans who genuinely are looking to money manage themselves into a profit to attend the game. I noticed that some of the tickets online being sold are close to double their original asking price. Regardless though these can only have been sold to season ticket holders and I suppose whilst it's unfair to those who can't afford those prices and are genuine well intentioned salt of the earth fans there's nothing we can do. That being said though the tickets are available now for those who can't get them straight away through official channels. Some genuine fans may see that as a saving grace although it does come with risks.

The other aspect is that fans who've bought excess or their allocation are now reselling to genuine fans at face value or with a small profit margin (£10 I've seen suggested extra per head by someone willing to buy them).. that again is seeing fans get tickets ahead of official channels too.

What should be noted is that whilst 22,500 tickets have already been sold in imagine many of those are still waiting to change hands and will be sold on at face value (in an ideal world) to genuine fans at the season ticket holders discretion.

But there are still 15,000 tickets to be sold.. only 7,000 shy of the same amount that were sold yesterday and in all honesty I'd say that would've been the biggest day for sales. Saturday and Sunday will be the next influx but even then I'd have thought the numbers won't be as great.

Those are just a few scenarios... I'm sure others can think of more. Don't panic yet. I hope and trust that not only there'll be tickets left but genuine fans who've overbought will rally round in the end.

This site is a good a place as any to scout out for tickets or put up your request for tickets.

General

Plus the wait doesn't guarantee worse seats... you may actually get better seats as my impression is that the club are selling per category and not allocating specific seats on request.

MJG

Quote from: General on May 17, 2018, 09:50:38 AM
Plus the wait doesn't guarantee worse seats... you may actually get better seats as my impression is that the club are selling per category and not allocating specific seats on request.
Being sold block by block and in some blocks in top tier they held back the cheaper seats right at the back of the stand.
The other blocks to come have Cat's 2/3/4 in them.
Just the views of a long term fan

fulham traveller

I don't think These tickets have come from season ticket holders, these are professional touts who would have links with ticket master etc, villa ones as well, when they can only buy 1 per season ticket holder, this is big business, let's not jump to conclusions

Southdowns White

I honestly doubt that genuine Fulham supporters would buy tickets with the intention of selling them on to a ticket agency, the money made on this would be tiny and outway the cost of the effort involved. Every ticket sold will be assigned to a season ticket supporter just like my tickets were.
The real culprits are the ticket agencies who are able to buy tickets in bulk for just about any event with no questions asked quite legally, How can ticket masters other company be selling hundreds of tickets within minutes of the tickets going on sale. It's the same for a few other companies as well for all events like concerts, festivals and sporting events. The law needs changing to sort this problem out, big businesses are making huge profit at our expense and pay lots of tax to the government so nothing will be done.

grandad

Every ticket should have the purchasers name on it & admission should be on corresponding ID. If a buyer buys more than 1 ticket the names of the recipients should also be on them & ID on admission. Touts & ticket agencies should be arrested & agencies banned.
We don´t want non Fulham fans in our areas.
Where there's a will there's a wife