https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 12, 2018, 07:03:24 PM
Quote from: twang on July 12, 2018, 05:12:45 PM
Zinchenko is an exciting player but I can't really see where he'd fit in. He'd only be a backup at central midfield or left wing and surely hasn't proven himself enough at left back to be brought in as our first choice?

He played 8 times for City in the league. All at LB.

Which speaking to a mate of mine who is a city fan said is not his natural position, a little Like spurs fans think they have LB sorted with sess

twang

Zinchenko is an exciting player but I can't really see where he'd fit in. He'd only be a backup at central midfield or left wing and surely hasn't proven himself enough at left back to be brought in as our first choice?

Yeah, because of injuries. And that's in the best team in the country that controls the ball most of the time and don't have to defend much. Before this season he's played mostly on the wing or as an attacking midfielder.

fulhamben

Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2018, 07:21:08 PM

Which speaking to a mate of mine who is a city fan said is not his natural position, a little Like spurs fans think they have LB sorted with sess
yep city also played delph at lb alot last season too. They just didn't have a good lb so played anyone there
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Wonder if this is work to cover for the eventual loss of Sess. If he were to perform well and score fairly regularly at this level, I think we'd be hard pressed to fend off the kind of offers that will be coming in for him come January and, possibly, the summer.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

DevonFFC

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 12, 2018, 07:24:15 PM

Wonder if this is work to cover for the eventual loss of Sess. If he were to perform well and score fairly regularly at this level, I think we'd be hard pressed to fend off the kind of offers that will be coming in for him come January and, possibly, the summer.

Lucky for us he still has another 3 1/2 years left on his contract so won't be going anywhere cheap.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

Lucky for us he still has another 3 1/2 years left on his contract so won't be going anywhere cheap.

At his age, I think his potential and that contract would fend off all but the biggest spenders which would be good for both Fulham and Sess. If he even looks like he's making good on his potential at this level, he'll break our record transfer fee by miles, I'd imagine. Having a similar talent that's slightly older waiting in the wings (pardon the pun) would behoove us. We'd get raked over the coals shopping for a talent after everyone knew we'd just sold Sess.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

glenhodgso

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 12, 2018, 07:52:15 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

At his age, I think his potential and that contract would fend off all but the biggest spenders which would be good for both Fulham and Sess. If he even looks like he's making good on his potential at this level, he'll break our record transfer fee by miles, I'd imagine. Having a similar talent that's slightly older waiting in the wings (pardon the pun) would behoove us. We'd get raked over the coals shopping for a talent after everyone knew we'd just sold Sess.

Like Liverpool did when paying £36m for Andy Carroll in January 2011...... 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Jem

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 12, 2018, 03:24:19 PM
Quote from: Deuce on July 12, 2018, 03:13:38 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 12, 2018, 02:17:43 PM
West Ham are signing some great players this window
Yeah, they have. But as always with West Ham its doesnt strike me as there is an idea behind all those signings. They're just signing the biggest names availible to them. They've spent a lot of money on transfers and wages over the past years, and this year is no different, and what do they have to show for it?

I'm curious though, will they be hit hard by FFP regulations?
I thought the media darlings were exempt from any wrong doings🤔
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

LVBPTS

Anyone else think the zinchenko story is more about saying to wolves, "sell us calveilero and we'll pull out of zinchenko deal"?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

General

Quote from: corbs83 on July 12, 2018, 10:09:25 PM
Anyone else think the zinchenko story is more about saying to wolves, "sell us calveilero and we'll pull out of zinchenko deal"?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

If so, fair play.. it's a strong strategy even if obvious.

Mince n Tatties

Villa desperate to off load Ross.
Blackburn and QPR looking for loan deal.

cookieg

Quote from: Arthur on July 12, 2018, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: Deuce on July 12, 2018, 03:13:38 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 12, 2018, 02:17:43 PM
West Ham are signing some great players this window
Yeah, they have. But as always with West Ham its doesnt strike me as there is an idea behind all those signings. They're just signing the biggest names availible to them.

Maybe this is their idea. I don't suppose it's the worst strategy ever.
[/quote

With Carroll and Reid out for 3 months they are going to have to sign some more!!

the nutflush

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 12, 2018, 10:38:44 PM

You know what... this is going to sound stupid to many but I would have a fully fit Ross in my squad for extra depth in striker options. Great at set pieces. If he has payed off the pies and is ready to play.

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: the nutflush on July 13, 2018, 12:24:40 AM

You know what... this is going to sound stupid to many but I would have a fully fit Ross in my squad for extra depth in striker options. Great at set pieces. If he has payed off the pies and is ready to play.
I hate to say it, but you do....he is a total team killer and this group have a wonderful team ethic

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: Statto on July 13, 2018, 12:53:31 AM
Quote from: wonderfulthingcali on July 13, 2018, 12:45:24 AM

I hate to say it, but you do....he is a total team killer and this group have a wonderful team ethic

Heard a few rumours to that effect on here. But they're just that: rumours, from uninformed sources. I've never heard it from any of our players. In fact Jokanovic loved him, wanted him to stay and be our captain. Cairney only became captain because McCormack didn't want to stay. So to me it seems likely that those rumours about him being a "team killer" are a load of rubbish to be honest
I would suggest that you have been VERY misinformed

FFC NY

The general consensus from the Turkish Sports sites social media is that Fabri wants to come to Fulham and play in the premier league and that it is just going to be a case of the two sides agreeing a fee. Apparently we have offered Euro 4.5m and they are looking for Euro 6.5m. Besiktas fans love him and dont want him to go but seem resigned to losing him.

One site was reporting there could be a potential work permit issue due to lack of international caps - as he is Spanish this shouldn't be a problem, should it?

AllyWhite

Quote from: FFC NY on July 13, 2018, 03:45:48 AM
The general consensus from the Turkish Sports sites social media is that Fabri wants to come to Fulham and play in the premier league and that it is just going to be a case of the two sides agreeing a fee. Apparently we have offered Euro 4.5m and they are looking for Euro 6.5m. Besiktas fans love him and dont want him to go but seem resigned to losing him.

One site was reporting there could be a potential work permit issue due to lack of international caps - as he is Spanish this shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Unless Brexit happens before season starts.

Mince n Tatties

MJG

Quote from: wonderfulthingcali on July 13, 2018, 01:26:45 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 13, 2018, 12:53:31 AM
Quote from: wonderfulthingcali on July 13, 2018, 12:45:24 AM

Heard a few rumours to that effect on here. But they're just that: rumours, from uninformed sources. I've never heard it from any of our players. In fact Jokanovic loved him, wanted him to stay and be our captain. Cairney only became captain because McCormack didn't want to stay. So to me it seems likely that those rumours about him being a "team killer" are a load of rubbish to be honest
I would suggest that you have been VERY misinformed
Agree, stay well clear
Just the views of a long term fan

gang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2018, 06:06:50 AM
Sheyi Ojo to Stoke.

That's fine by me he's not a premier league player yet and we can't wait for his potential to fulfil its self.