https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Anybody?

FONTE BACK TO PREMIER LEAGUE?

Jose Fonte has seen his contract at Chinese club Dalian Yifang torn up - and he's now keen on a return to the Premier League.

The Portuguese defender, who featured for his country at the World Cup in Russia, played just seven times for the club after his move from the London Stadium in January.

RP24

hovewhite

Jose fonte would be good to have I think a another CH thats played PL football.

Barrett487

Quote from: hovewhite on July 16, 2018, 07:15:47 PM
Jose fonte would be good to have I think a another CH thats played PL football.

I agree, and with the right coaching and team set-up he could do well. Of course he has a connection with the club as well

St. Andrews White

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 16, 2018, 06:49:06 PM
Pity Martinez from River Plate linked. Argentine left winger
What a pity

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

bornafulhamfan

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 16, 2018, 06:53:59 PM
Anybody?

Jose Fonte has seen his contract at Chinese club Dalian Yifang torn up - and he's now keen on a return to the Premier League.

The Portuguese defender, who featured for his country at the World Cup in Russia, played just seven times for the club after his move from the London Stadium in January.

As I already said earlier in this thread I think he would be a good choice, and he plays on the rcb position where we need players desperately.

twang

Fulham apparently willing to offer €1,5m for Roberto Jimenez and match his current salary at Espanyol. Just based on what's written in the article it sounds like it would be an appealing offer for both club and player.

https://www.lacontradeportiva.com/el-fulham-quiere-fichar-a-roberto-tiene-preparada-una-propuesta-muy-suculenta/

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bornafulhamfan on July 16, 2018, 07:50:34 PM
Anybody?

As I already said earlier in this thread I think he would be a good choice, and he plays on the rcb position where we need players desperately.

Isn't one  Fonte not working out enough for you.😵

hovewhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2018, 07:53:05 PM
Anybody?

I say again would be a good signing and also the connection with rui might help rui.

Deeping_white

Quote from: hovewhite on July 16, 2018, 08:05:39 PM
Anybody?

I say again would be a good signing and also the connection with rui might help rui.

He's 34 and will want massive wages, what benefit will that give the club? He's also lost his pace so will get rings run round him in the PL.

Deeping_white

Seeing as our offer for Fabricio was £4m below what Besiktas wanted, and now we've just gained £4m from selling Button, I have a feeling that we might be going in with another for Fabri. Alan Nixon reckons our replacement option is Fabri so that's quite an upgrade in the keeping department

Woolly Mammoth

Anybody?

Like his brother, unfortunately he is nowhere near good enough.
The last thing we need is others deadwood, we have our own.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 16, 2018, 08:10:28 PM
Anybody?

He's 34 and will want massive wages, what benefit will that give the club? He's also lost his pace so will get rings run round him in the PL.

Depending on the wages I wouldn't mind him to be honest. Give us PL experience that we're massively lacking, as well as experience in the relegation battle. He showed at the World Cup he's still got some life left in him. Could play him in the middle of a 3/5 at the back with Le Marchand/Ream and Odoi either side of him in the games where we have to go a bit more defensive and know we can rely on him to be solid.

It won't happen though.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 16, 2018, 08:23:26 PM
Anybody?

Depending on the wages I wouldn't mind him to be honest. Give us PL experience that we're massively lacking, as well as experience in the relegation battle. He showed at the World Cup he's still got some life left in him. Could play him in the middle of a 3/5 at the back with Le Marchand/Ream and Odoi either side of him in the games where we have to go a bit more defensive and know we can rely on him to be solid.

It won't happen though.

7 out of 10 for your effort.😁

Holders

Anybody?

It won't happen though.

I don't understand the reasoning behind suggesting taking someone who just happens to be available - and to help his brother out (in what way?). There'd be a large signing-on fee plus wages and he's 34. In my view, we should be targetting the right people for the positions that we need with some future-proofing.

In fact, I'm sure we are and the speculation is completely wide of the mark. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

General

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2018, 03:13:43 PM
Quote from: Roberty on July 16, 2018, 03:00:34 PM
@statto
After the play off final - I seem to remember SK saying that they were prepared to invest in new players and that they were looking to compete and not just make up the numbers (or words to that effect)

The Seri signing seems to indicate that they are not looking to bring in "squad players" and if we're truly linked to players like Malcom his potential investment would appear to be on course to break the FFP rules - which of course he can well afford.

I think the cost of doing that it a rap over the knuckles with a limp stick of rhubarb and a limited transfer ban

It seems to me that if he spends really BIG and acquires enough assets a ban will be meaningless because we will already have the players on our books and any gaps can still be plugged with loans.

Of course time will tell if this is the way things are going to go - but for me this is a sound strategy for someone who has already suffered the cost of our being demoted from the PL.

It's a strategy he can personally afford and the main risk is buying duds who turn out to have a lower resale value in the future.

Have I overlooked something or is breaking the FFP rules a damp squib for someone who opens his wallet and goes for broke

As noted up the thread, if the spending limit is £105m then we're still a very long way off that, and I can't see us hitting it.

As for wages, FFP probably permits us to have about 25 players on £50k-£60k pw average. Before Seri, Marchand and the other players' pay rises triggered by promotion, we probably had about 15 players on £20k pw average. So again masses of room left to move.

I fully agree with the strategy of spending aggressively to minimise the chances of getting relegated, rather than tightening the purse strings so that relegation, if it happens, isn't so devastating. As you know from our previous debates, IMO the chairman should be spending as much as FFP will let him, but I still don't think it's prudent to breach it.

Hang on though, doesn't it also depend on how the deals are structured? Surely if the payments are staggered over the next two or three years then 30£m would go to 10£m a year which leaves a lot of room to bring in players and still be within each years FFP, whilst leaving room for further investments.

Players like Seri and Malcom would I imagine be considered as assets with potential to rise in value both on and off the pitch. So if we built a squad around buying players of Seri's quality for 18m  and he appreciated in value to 40m then we'd still be in a strong position re fair play and continuously bringing in good players.. if they do well.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Holders on July 16, 2018, 08:34:10 PM
Anybody?

It won't happen though.

I don't understand the reasoning behind suggesting taking someone who just happens to be available - and to help his brother out (in what way?). There'd be a large signing-on fee plus wages and he's 34. In my view, we should be targetting the right people for the positions that we need with some future-proofing.

In fact, I'm sure we are and the speculation is completely wide of the mark. 

I don't think we'd actually sign him. All of our signings/rumoured signings are players who have the potential to increase in value depending on how well they play next season (and our whole not signing outfield players over the age of 28 policy). I was just saying how hypothetically it could be an alright signing for us.

Barrett487

Is this old news?

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-make-1-3m-bid-for-roberto/

Fulham make £1.3m bid for Roberto

Fulham have made a £1.3m for Espanyol goalkeeper Roberto Jimenez, according to reports from Spain.

The 32 year-old goalkeeper spent last season on loan with Malaga, keeping six clean sheets in 34 league appearances for the Anchovies, although the club were relegated having finished rock bottom of La Liga. The experienced goalkeeper is likely to leave La Rosaleda this summer as he is deemed surplus to requirements and Malaga are looking to reduce their wage bill ahead of the new season.

Jimenez, a former Spanish under-21 international more commonly known as Roberto, began his career with Atletico Madrid and returned to his first club in 2009. He was part of the Atletico squad that famously reached the Europa League final the following year, although spent the second year of the season helping Real Zaragoza avoid relegation from the La Liga on loan. The goalkeeper then endured a disappointing spell at Benfica, before making a return to Zaragoza as the number one goalkeeper and ensuring the Aragonese stayed up on the final day of the season.

Greek giants Olympiakos signed Roberto on loan in 2013 and the goalkeeper helped the club when back-to-back domestic titles. On the European stage, Roberto turned in an inspired performance to keep a clean sheet against his former club Benfica in the Champions' League and produced a brilliant display in a 1-0 win over Juventus in the same competition the following year, but Olympiakos failed to get out of the group stages on both occasions.

The Spanish press reports claim that Roberto would be offered the same wage as he currently earns at Espanyol and that he would become Fulham's number one goalkeeper, usurping academy graduate Marcus Bettinelli ahead of the Whites' return to the Premier League next month. Fulham are definitely in the market for a new keeper, with David Button having completed a move to Brighton and Hove Albion earlier this evening. It remains to be seen whether both Espanyol and Roberto will agree to the proposed deal – or whether Fulham will look to secure other targets.

Barrett487

This has been mentioned on here as well

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/07/fulham-interested-in-river-plate-playmaker/

Fulham are one of a number of English clubs interested in River Plate playmaker Gonzalo Martinez, according to reports coming out of Argentina today.

The Premier League new boys join Lazio, Southampton, Tottenham and Everton are all keen on signing the highly-rated 25 year-old attacking midfielder. Various reports from Argentina claim that Martinez's agent is currently on a European tour speaking to potential suitors, with River Plate resigned to losing one of their prized assets should anyone match Martinez's €15m release clause.

Martinez has scored 23 goals and made 23 more in 158 appearances for River Plate and will avoid the usual work permit travails of south American imports to Europe as he holds an Italian passport. The left-footed midfielder, known by the nickname 'Pity' in his homeland, burst onto the national side by helping Huracan win the Copa Argentina in 2015. He soon moved to River Plate and quickly established himself in the feted Millonario side of 2015 that won the Copa Libertadores and were beaten by Barcelona in the Club World Championship final.

Despite enduring a difficult 2016 at El Monumental, Gonzalez won his way back into the hearts of the River Plate by delivering devastating individual performances as his side won two Superclásicos against Boca Juniors and has now rediscovered the consistency of his earlier years. A versatile attacking midfielder, equally comfortable operating as an orthodox left winger or behind the strikers, Gonzalez is renowned for his dribbling ability and taking on defenders.

Slavisa Jokanovic is known to be seeking reinforcements in attacking areas but it remains to be seen whether Fulham would be interested in activating a hefty release clause for a player who is untried in Europe.