more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2018, 10:06:46 AM
Plus Joe Hart and Chris Smalling are already playing and living in England, and know the Premier League inside out, or is that too sensible and obvious. Plus I wouldn't say no to Jack Grealish and Danny Welbeck for the same reasons.
that expierence would make a huge difference to any promoted team and for us add strength on to our new sighnings.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: keithh on July 22, 2018, 10:10:23 AM
Weird - I keep looking at the calendar.

Funny enough so do I,the wife has promised me sex at Xmas.😊😊😊

Ara's bacon crisps

Plus Joe Hart and Chris Smalling are already playing and living in England, and know the Premier League inside out, or is that too sensible and obvious. Plus I wouldn't say no to Jack Grealish and Danny Welbeck for the same reasons.

Not at all. Sensible and obvious is good. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you and in a world of £60m keepers, this makes sense to me - Welbeck too, as he seems a hard worker pleasantly devoid of a massive ego. And I take the other point about Hart making lots of mistakes at West Ham last season - and I don't think he pulled up any trees at Torino the season before - but I think some of that may be to do with West Ham being a mess last year and the instability of his own situation being unceremoniously booted out of City at such short notice. Buy him, show him he's wanted and give him a fair crack at being no. 1 and how hard will he work to get back and prove people wrong? Often the player with a point to prove works the hardest. And he used to be very good - maybe in the right environment he could be again? Just strikes me as a low risk punt with plenty of potential upside.

GJB

Smalling/Bailly/Rojo need to go apparently for Manchester United to buy Maguire - any one of them would be more than adequate for our team and hopefully would come at better value than $35million Lopez from Espanyol. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: keithh on July 22, 2018, 10:10:23 AM
Weird - I keep looking at the calendar.

You keep looking at the calendar you say. Don't worry me, that's  what Jed Baker did in 1786 before they hung him for poaching the Kings Pheasants.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 22, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

Not at all. Sensible and obvious is good. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you and in a world of £60m keepers, this makes sense to me - Welbeck too, as he seems a hard worker pleasantly devoid of a massive ego. And I take the other point about Hart making lots of mistakes at West Ham last season - and I don't think he pulled up any trees at Torino the season before - but I think some of that may be to do with West Ham being a mess last year and the instability of his own situation being unceremoniously booted out of City at such short notice. Buy him, show him he's wanted and give him a fair crack at being no. 1 and how hard will he work to get back and prove people wrong? Often the player with a point to prove works the hardest. And he used to be very good - maybe in the right environment he could be again? Just strikes me as a low risk punt with plenty of potential upside.

Well said, and I agree 100%

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 22, 2018, 10:10:54 AM
Quote from: Riversider on July 22, 2018, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: Ara's bacon crisps on July 22, 2018, 09:51:37 AM
Quote from: Riversider on July 22, 2018, 07:42:17 AM
According to press reports this morning Chris Smalling has been told that he can leave Man Utd as they consider a bid for Harry Maguire,
If I was Fulham I would move heaven and earth to get Smalling back here, at 6ft 4 with a calm and composed temperament he is just the sort of player we are crying out for,
A far better centre half than anybody else that we currently have on our books.
Settling in at this late stage should be a lot easier as well, Smalling and two top drawer full backs to bomb up and down the line and I'll start to breathe a little easier,
I'll leave others to go o.t.t over Mitrovic this week I'm going to hold my emotions in check until we sign at least 3 decent defenders and Smalling would make a great start.

This is a great shout and why not Joe Hart while we're at it, unless the Besiktas keeper really is on the way?  City are so desperate to get rid of him, they'd probably drive him down to us. Can't see fees for either being too high as both clubs want rid and they cover off the lack of Premier League experience at a stroke. Plus, if they really want to play, they'd need to be realistic on wages. Just a thought.

The quoted price for Hart is £5 million !!! Wages would be high but still seems a bargain to me,

Did you see how many mistakes Joe Hart made last season for West Ham? There's a reason he's that cheap and it's because he's not very good any more. Maybe 5 years ago he was a solid keeper, nowadays he's a mistake waiting to happen and his confidence is shot to pieces.

Sounds the perfect Fulham player, get them on the way down build them back up,  only problem is hes crap with his feet that's why Pep wanted rid

Mince n Tatties

Hart is a top goalie,want be the first of them to have lost his confidence along the way,then bounced back.

rusty shackleford

Am i right in thinkin the transfer window closes before the league starts this year

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

DevonFFC

Brighton & Hove Albion FC are set to sign Eredivise top goalscorer Alireza Jahanbakhsh for a fee of around €22 million.

He scored 21 goals in 33 games last season from right wing

Shouldn't we be going after this guy on the face of it

Nero

Quote from: ollienixs on July 22, 2018, 12:19:24 PM
Brighton & Hove Albion FC are set to sign Eredivise top goalscorer Alireza Jahanbakhsh for a fee of around €22 million.

Wasnt Ruiz something similar when we brought him

DevonFFC

Quote from: Nero on July 22, 2018, 12:25:31 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on July 22, 2018, 12:19:24 PM

Wasnt Ruiz something similar when we brought him

And I still miss him yoo this day.

Porthogs FC

Please not Hart. Not worth the project and I do believe that the Besikitas GK is on his way. Yes to Schurrle, Welbeck, Mitro, Targett, Bolasie. Top 3, GK would be sorted, and would allow us to offload Kebano, Ayite and Fonte, or at least 2 of the 3. I think we'll keep AK47 as one for the future.

spikey norman

Being linked with Jack Grealish again according to the Mirror

GJB

Why Grealish when we have Cairney, Seri, Johansen and McDonald. He won't get automatic first team football which is what he's after, he'll come at a steep price and more importantly, he's not filling a position that Fulham's first team desperately needs being filled. Hopefully Grealish coming to Fulham is just paper talk.

St. Andrews White

Can't Grealish play on the wing? If so then the move makes sense

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: GJB on July 22, 2018, 02:23:25 PM
Why Grealish when we have Cairney, Seri, Johansen and McDonald. He won't get automatic first team football which is what he's after, he'll come at a steep price and more importantly, he's not filling a position that Fulham's first team desperately needs being filled. Hopefully Grealish coming to Fulham is just paper talk.

We need depth. He covers a variety of positions. And could well be a starter.

Woolly Mammoth

I would take Grealish at the drop of a hat. He is only a couple hours up the motorway, save traveling half way round Europe trying to sign ?
He has undoubted quality, knows the Premier League, is hungry ambitious, and we are not exactly bursting at the seams with quality, or anyone come to mention it, and we won't need to spend over the odds either.
We are not exactly in a position to pick and choose, and be so fussy. 

Never forget your Roots.

GJB

If he can play right wing and wouldn't be there wishing he was in the centre (like with Cairney when he used to play right midfield and was very much less effective compared to playing in his central role), then I take my comment back.

If the club are planning to utilise him in the centre though. I still think it's a lot of money when we have Cairney and Seri and Johansen already occupying similar roles.