https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Sir Craven on July 23, 2018, 01:15:55 PM
Anyone else posted this? On Talksh***

https://talksport.com/football/402757/fulham-lining-up-26m-bid-for-real-sociedad-striker-willian-jose-ace-as-alternative-to-aleksandar-mitrovic/

No chance we sign Willian Jose, especially as an "alternative" for Mitrovic when he's supposedly done and waiting to be rubber stamped when he gets back from his holiday in the week. Wouldn't surprise me if they're just taking names from Twitter/Forums because I'm pretty sure I brought him up the other day in this thread. Can't remember what page.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 23, 2018, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: Porthogs FC on July 23, 2018, 12:59:08 PM
Think we still need Mitro, another CF, a starting RW, then a cover for RW/LW. No idea what Schurrle transfer fee would be (min $15M I would imagine), but he could technically cover all three positions. So we could have Sess - Mitro - Starting RW with top three subs being Schurrle/Kamara/Kebano. If I'm greedy I would want another CF to challenge Mitro but that's hella expensive.

Janssen or Llorente from Spurs on loan would be a low cost option as backup.

I can't see us signing two out and out target men. Think we want our RW signing to be able to play up-front as well should Mitrovic get injured/not be on form which is why we've been linked with Schurrle, Jordan Ayew etc.

Nero

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 23, 2018, 01:20:58 PM
Quote from: Sir Craven on July 23, 2018, 01:15:55 PM
Anyone else posted this? On Talksh***

https://talksport.com/football/402757/fulham-lining-up-26m-bid-for-real-sociedad-striker-willian-jose-ace-as-alternative-to-aleksandar-mitrovic/

No chance we sign Willian Jose, especially as an "alternative" for Mitrovic when he's supposedly done and waiting to be rubber stamped when he gets back from his holiday in the week. Wouldn't surprise me if they're just taking names from Twitter/Forums because I'm pretty sure I brought him up the other day in this thread. Can't remember what page.

Prehaps its there for a gee up to Newcastle agree on our terms or we'll move on and youre left with a striker you dont want and no money to spend in the transfer window and leaving our manager unhappy again

supersimmo123

2 other reports linking us with Willian Jose now. Maybe the Mitro deal has hit a snag...

Marcel_Gecov

FABRI IN FULHAM MEDICAL

Besiktas goalkeeper Fabri is in the process of undergoing a medical at Motspur Park ahead of completing a switch to Fulham, Sky Sports News understands.

We reported last week that the Whites were close to agreeing a deal with the Turkish club - and we understand that was done over the weekend at close to £5m.

Fabri told reporters in Turkey over the weekend that he had already agreed personal terms with the west London club too.

He said: "As you know the Premier League is a major league and one I am interested in joining. Negotiations between the two clubs are ongoing but there is a verbal agreement with Fulham. I want to thank Besiktas for my time here."

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: supersimmo123 on July 23, 2018, 01:35:14 PM
2 other reports linking us with Willian Jose now. Maybe the Mitro deal has hit a snag...

Though a report I just read seemed to suggest this was not as an alt to Mitro. Imagine both! We can dream. His record is excellent and he's just breaking in to the Brazil team.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Tabby

I'm guessing they're all based on the same report. The Talksport one cites the sun.

wheelerdeeler

"Sky Sports News understands" otherwise known as looking at Twitter.

wheelerdeeler

Looking through Twitter, apparently Fabri's sale has been announced on the Turkish Stock Market because Besiktas are a public "company".

Even have the document announcing the sale.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: keithh on July 23, 2018, 01:05:23 PM
I noticed that Forfar & East Fife played last night & it went to penalties. Result? Forfar 5 East Fife 4. Eric would smile at that.

Wrong way
East Fife 4 Forfar 5.

Roberty

I'd like to believe it is true and that our Management are not daft enough to have no backup plan
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

wheelerdeeler

I'd love if we did sign Willian Jose don't get me wrong. He's levels above Mitrovic and not that more expensive. I just think this is one that's been taken from thin air to try and get Fulham and Newcastle fans a bit worked up before Mitrovic is made official.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 19, 2018, 02:54:39 PM
Quote from: Jeroen on July 19, 2018, 02:43:18 PM
Maybe controversial, but if a deal isn't done by Saturday I would walk away from Mitro.
Yes he did a great job for us, but was it the player or the type of player? I have no doubt that if we had a player (any other)of his calibre and style of play we would have had the same return. (don't get me wrong I looooooove him and what he did for us)

Is there a similar type of player that we can get for £20/£25M?

With all our eggs in one basket we might come out short otherwise so close to the start of the season

There'd be alternatives out there, probably for cheaper like Rondon at 16m, but I think Jokanovic wants him in and we know for a fact he suits us so he's the closest thing to a "sure thing". There's always the possibility that we have more money for a Striker than you'd think and we try and go in for another big name like Seri such as Willian Jose or someone along those lines.

Found when I brought Willian Jose up last week.

DevonFFC

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 23, 2018, 01:55:56 PM
Maybe controversial, but if a deal isn't done by Saturday I would walk away from Mitro.
Yes he did a great job for us, but was it the player or the type of player? I have no doubt that if we had a player (any other)of his calibre and style of play we would have had the same return. (don't get me wrong I looooooove him and what he did for us)

With all our eggs in one basket we might come out short otherwise so close to the start of the season

There'd be alternatives out there, probably for cheaper like Rondon at 16m, but I think Jokanovic wants him in and we know for a fact he suits us so he's the closest thing to a "sure thing". There's always the possibility that we have more money for a Striker than you'd think and we try and go in for another big name like Seri such as Willian Jose or someone along those lines.

Don't know anything about him but his stats are impressive, he also looks extremely big and powerful

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2018, 02:12:42 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 23, 2018, 01:55:56 PM

Don't know anything about him but his stats are impressive, he also looks extremely big and powerful

As I said in the post just above, he's pretty much a much better version of Mitrovic. Only real argument you could have for signing Mitrovic over him would be he's a couple years younger and he's already been here. If he hadn't been here last season it wouldn't even be a debate. Would love it if we did sign him, but I just can't see it (although I said the same about Seri).

GJB

Would we be able to afford both Willian Jose and Mitrovic?

I also read somewhere that Lopez has joined Espanyol in America for their pre-season trip, so this may mean we're not getting him.

twang

Quote from: GJB on July 23, 2018, 02:18:11 PM
Would we be able to afford both Willian Jose and Mitrovic?

I also read somewhere that Lopez has joined Espanyol in America for their pre-season trip, so this may mean we're not getting him.

According to Marca, David Lopez has received an improved contract offer from Espanyol and is considering it. If he signs, I think it's safe to say that we should move on.

GJB

It's probably been said a while back on the thread, but £35m for a 29 year old in October does seem a lot of money, surely there's better value out there for a younger ball playing centre back.

twang

Quote from: GJB on July 23, 2018, 02:25:41 PM
It's probably been said a while back on the thread, but £35m for a 29 year old in October does seem a lot of money, surely there's better value out there for a younger ball playing centre back.

Definitely. But as there's conflicting reports of how much our two offers have been (some say €10-14m, others €15-20m) and none are near the €30m Espanyol want, a deal looks unlikely to be struck either way.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: GJB on July 23, 2018, 02:25:41 PM

I'd be surprised if we did sign him. Espanyol clearly just don't want to sell, and that's their right to do so. We won't pay the release clause and that'll be that. After the Willian Jose thing, I'll throw another two names out there for Centre-Back that we'll end up being linked with- Liam Moore and Kevin Vogt. One more realistic, the other very ambitious.