watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Malcom to Roma's done according to DiMarzio if anyone was still holding out hope on that one.

DevonFFC

Quote from: colinwhite on July 23, 2018, 04:34:25 PM
Mitro deal is already sorted and will go aheead when he gets back from hols according to "the Mag.co.uk
"

He's back

Holders

Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2018, 04:37:23 PM
Mitro deal is already sorted and will go aheead when he gets back from hols according to "the Mag.co.uk
"

He's back

Like Reggie Perrin's mother-in-law.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin

Willian Jose from Real Sociedad if we don@t get Mitro rumoured

sunburywhite

Quote from: keithh on July 23, 2018, 05:24:30 PM
A Hippo?

Perhaps that is why we are slow at signings

Eleven minutes late, seasonal manpower shortages, Clapham Junction
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 23, 2018, 05:49:22 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on July 23, 2018, 04:37:23 PM
"

He's back

With a bang !!

Is that your understanding too Woolly Mammoth? You also mentioned three extras on top of expected Mitro and fabri deals.. kby next Monday I believe.. no names.. but what positions and how hopeful/guaranteed are they?

GJB

Piazon, Kalas and Tammy Abraham all played for Chelsea last night in their pre-season game and all three would be valuable players to give our squad depth if we could get them for below 20 million. They themselves must know they're unlikely to feature for Chelsea and will be looking elsewhere for potential clubs

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: GJB on July 23, 2018, 06:23:15 PM
Piazon, Kalas and Tammy Abraham all played for Chelsea last night in their pre-season game and all three would be valuable players to give our squad depth if we could get them for below 20 million. They themselves must know they're unlikely to feature for Chelsea and will be looking elsewhere for potential clubs

Guessing that will drag on to allow Sarri to make a judgement on them, probably right up until the end of the window. Same for Roberts, Foden, Zinchenko et al at City. Guard Iola has specifically said he would wait late to make a decision.

GJB

Yeah I agree - fine by us if they're getting match fit, and playing with high quality squads, at least two of those three coming in the final week would be no problem as I doubt they'd be starters against Palace anyway.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 23, 2018, 06:32:00 PM

Guessing that will drag on to allow Sarri to make a judgement on them, probably right up until the end of the window. Same for Roberts, Foden, Zinchenko et al at City. Guard Iola has specifically said he would wait late to make a decision.

It's more the case of needing bodies for the Pre-Season tours when most of the 1st team are on holiday after the World Cup in both cases. Think City's whole Starting XI from last season got to the Knockout stages.

filham

Yes, that sounds good, should get a good price buying all three in one go, and we know exactly  what we are buying with Kalas and Piazon.

JoelH5

I don't think Piazon or Kalas are good enough for the prem. Not the first team anyway. They'd be good squad players to have. Piazon hasn't shown anything since his time here (bar a small stint before his injury) to show he's a starter in the prem. Kalas was kept out the team by Odoi last year who is also not good enough to be a starting CB. Not worried about this as we will get a good CB in and I think Ream will still be solid next year
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bobby01

Personally I find this constant sniping at odoi strange. He was cb in a record breaking undefeated run. Yes he made errors, but good in the air and on the ground. His errors came playing Slavs way. I thought he played really well. But hey ho we all have opinions.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

HV71

Quote from: bobby01 on July 23, 2018, 08:01:36 PM
Personally I find this constant sniping at odoi strange. He was cb in a record breaking undefeated run. Yes he made errors, but good in the air and on the ground. His errors came playing Slavs way. I thought he played really well. But hey ho we all have opinions.

Agreed ......and he scored the goal that got us to Wembley and brought about the creation of The White Wall

David I

So how long does it take for a medical? Fabri reported as being at Motsour park this morning but still no announcement......

Holders

Quote from: HV71 on July 23, 2018, 08:34:40 PM

Agreed ......and he scored the goal that got us to Wembley and brought about the creation of The White Wall

For a shorter bloke he jumps well and played his full part. I loved his celebration on the crossbar. I see him as a Baird/Stan Brown-type player.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: David I on July 23, 2018, 08:46:36 PM
So how long does it take for a medical? Fabri reported as being at Motsour park this morning but still no announcement......

Seri and MLM had their medicals the day before they were announced, so based on their signings wait for the Tony Khan tweet at 10am-ish tomorrow.

wheelerdeeler

I want to keep Odoi in and around the squad, as someone above says his versatility can mean he turns into our Chris Baird type utility player. With that said, if we start him at Centre-Back against Kane, Aguero, Firmino etc. we'll be absolutely destroyed (not to say we might not anyway). Plus he's always got a mistake in him as we saw against QPR, the Final just to name two. But as depth for RB/LB he's fine, and he'll always have a place in Fulham history for the goal against Derby.