watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Mitro is not back in the UK till tomorrow. He has to have a medical which is obligatory & physically sign the documents. If he has not signed by Friday then I would be worried.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tex on July 24, 2018, 12:25:11 PM
Maybe the reason for taking so long over mitrovic is that we're getting in a replacement first, and then buying him from Newcastle so he'd be cheaper?? Although that would be very unlikely....

A cunning plan, and I like it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

If this is how it's going to be every transfer window, PLEASE Fulham don't waste 6 figure sums taking our painfully thin squads abroad to be smashed.
As many friendly's as you like behind closed doors and spend the money saved on a third choice keeper (or bringing back concessionary prices for over 65's!!)
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2018, 12:31:55 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on July 24, 2018, 11:37:48 AM
Seri must be nervous.  I bet he was sold on the fact that a bunch of high profile signings would be made. 

Was thinking the same thing, then I checked and his team lost 5-0 to Lyon last season so maybe coming here and losing 4-0 will still feel like a small step up for him. He must also be delighted at the huge amounts of space our players have on the team coach and in the dressing room, given that there only 8 of them.

I thought we'd agreed there were 15 a few pages back...

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 24, 2018, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2018, 12:31:55 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on July 24, 2018, 11:37:48 AM
Seri must be nervous.  I bet he was sold on the fact that a bunch of high profile signings would be made. 

Was thinking the same thing, then I checked and his team lost 5-0 to Lyon last season so maybe coming here and losing 4-0 will still feel like a small step up for him. He must also be delighted at the huge amounts of space our players have on the team coach and in the dressing room, given that there only 8 of them.

I thought we'd agreed there were 15 a few pages back...

14 are small and only count half each
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Stevieboy

With Fabri having been here a couple of days and supposedly had a medical and been seen at Motspur
and no confirmation even of his signing on the official site, it's no wonder that we don't hear about any other activity.
1500.gif 094.gif

Arthur

Although the transfer window closes here on August 9th, I think I am right in saying that it's 'business as usual' across the rest of Europe: i.e. the window runs until the end of the month.

In my view, this makes it even more likely that we will end up doing a number of our dealings in the final week as nearly all of the players we are being linked with currently play abroad. Whereas, in previous years, clubs selling players as the deadline approached might have to allow themselves enough time to re-invest in a purchase of their own, this time around, European clubs can go 'to the wire' with English clubs, knowing that once the window shuts, they (the European clubs) will still have three weeks to finalise their dealings - ample time to snare their targets.

One person's 'source' seemingly said there would be an influx of players this week. Maybe there will be. My guess, for what it's worth, is that, if there is ever to be an influx at all, it will be in the final week and that this week's predicted stampede is no less of a guess than mine.

sarnian

Quote from: grandad on July 24, 2018, 12:29:53 PM
Mitro is not back in the UK till tomorrow. He has to have a medical which is obligatory & physically sign the documents. If he has not signed by Friday then I would be worried.

Someone with common sense. Said days ago Mitro not back until 26th. Most on this board seem to expect us to fly out to his holiday resort to get the obligatory photo for his signing. Patience is a virtue.

the nutflush

It just keeps getting better.  Just read we got told to stump up 45mill for Willian.  You cant make this sh!t up. 

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: the nutflush on July 24, 2018, 12:51:41 PM
It just keeps getting better.  Just read we got told to stump up 45mill for Willian.  You cant make this sh!t up.

???

keithh

What do you mean "You cant make this sh!t up".....I think that's all I've been reading about the last few weeks 092.gif 086.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Well it might start hitting the fan, if we dont end up signing enough quality players to stand our ground in the Premier League.

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

The goalkeeper had the medical yesterday morning and has signed...The club released the carrier pigeon with the news,but apparently it met up with some of its pals at Trafalgar Square and was last seen being hand fed by an old lady....Coyw

Woolly Mammoth

Did he pass the cough drop ? ..... the Goalkeeper I mean.

Never forget your Roots.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 24, 2018, 01:51:00 PM
The goalkeeper had the medical yesterday morning and has signed...The club released the carrier pigeon with the news,but apparently it met up with some of its pals at Trafalgar Square and was last seen being hand fed by an old lady....Coyw

only tuppence a bag  092.gif

Twig

Awesome, we may have signed another keeper. Useful, but hardly the greatest area of weakness.