watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

I actually think Jordan Ayew would be a good signing for Fulham. Would get a lot of service in this team has good pace & look how much Joka has improved Kamara over the season
Come on you Whites!! :)

mrmicawbers

Let Newcastle leave it to last minute all their bluff.He obviously doesn't want to be there.A deal will be done but at a sensible price.IMO no more than 20 million hopefully less.

David I

Quote from: KJS on June 13, 2018, 08:32:54 PM
Apart from a few most transfers do not start getting done until 1st July which is when contracts traditionally start / end plus most players / managers are away until then.

The transfer window is open - opened earlier than usual this year and also ends early!

Denver Fulham

Once you get into the 20M+ category, you should be aiming for a player better than Mitro (his initial affinity for the club notwithstanding), imo

Mince n Tatties

Fulham in talks with Bristol City for Joe Bryan as Matt Targett is wanted by Mark Hughes at Southampton,and want be coming back to the Cottage...Radio London Gossip.

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 14, 2018, 05:58:07 AM
Fulham in talks with Bristol City for Joe Bryan as Matt Targett is wanted by Mark Hughes at Southampton,and want be coming back to the Cottage...Radio London Gossip.

Would be happy with Joe Bryan. He seems to be a younger and better version of Malone.

MrFFC

How long until we are linked with Diego Rolan again? 😂
Come on you Whites!! :)

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Tabby on June 14, 2018, 08:06:12 AM

Would be happy with Joe Bryan. He seems to be a younger and better version of Malone.

I would have preferred Targett but it was clear from the start that Southampton would never let him go. Bryan is certainly one of the best left backs in the Championship. If we were facing another season down there he would have been an EXCELLENT signing but is he ready for the PL? In the 4-5 BC games I watched last season he had a tendendcy to lose his head and make nasty, late challenges when he got frustrated. Could be dangerous in the prem.

Still, we desperately need a LB and could do far worse.

toshes mate

Quote from: Carborundum on June 13, 2018, 09:13:43 PM
Mitrovic is an excellent fit, but the revelation is how a certain type of striker just works so well in our system.  Others can do it and like Mitrovic, may well be playing in systems where they don't currently shine or even get a game.

I'll be happy if Mitrovic runs out for our first home game.  If someone else doing a similar job is there instead of him, that's kind of fine too.  Something about Mitrovic suggests to me that it wouldn't take much for his "I love Fulham" demeanour to mutate into "I'm doing Fulham a favour by being here".   Jokanovic departing for instance.

If he doesn't join us, he's a Fulham favourite for life!
A quite brilliant and devastating summary of where we are and what makes football clubs tick.  Fulham should sign you up as their strategist.

Jack Fulham

I see Celtic are touting Dembele out for £25 million. I am guessing we will be entitled to some of that cash if he sells?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jack Fulham on June 14, 2018, 12:57:46 PM
I see Celtic are touting Dembele out for £25 million. I am guessing we will be entitled to some of that cash if he sells?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Carborundum

Quote from: toshes mate on June 14, 2018, 09:05:20 AM
Mitrovic is an excellent fit, but the revelation is how a certain type of striker just works so well in our system.  Others can do it and like Mitrovic, may well be playing in systems where they don't currently shine or even get a game.

I'll be happy if Mitrovic runs out for our first home game.  If someone else doing a similar job is there instead of him, that's kind of fine too.  Something about Mitrovic suggests to me that it wouldn't take much for his "I love Fulham" demeanour to mutate into "I'm doing Fulham a favour by being here".   Jokanovic departing for instance.

A quite brilliant and devastating summary of where we are and what makes football clubs tick.  Fulham should sign you up as their strategist.
Thank you for those kind words and career advice.  As I sit in the park on my lunchbreak, reflecting on the dim view my current employers would take to soliciting alternative employment, I must resist the temptation to issue what in Silly Season, is commonly referred to as a "Come and get me plea".  Which is a shame because it would be quite fun....right up to the point the FoF regulars started giving me pelters for anything and everything....about two days or so into the job.

Milo

Quote from: Carborundum on June 14, 2018, 01:08:51 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 14, 2018, 09:05:20 AM

Thank you for those kind words and career advice.  As I sit in the park on my lunchbreak, reflecting on the dim view my current employers would take to soliciting alternative employment, I must resist the temptation to issue what in Silly Season, is commonly referred to as a "Come and get me plea".  Which is a shame because it would be quite fun....right up to the point the FoF regulars started giving me pelters for anything and everything....about two days or so into the job.

I'm painting the C on my "Carborundum OUT!" banner as we speak..  :dft012:

OMalleyCat

NUFC want £20 million for Mitro. Let's get it done!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

FFC1987

'"There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book."' Wiltshire just posted this on his Insta. We were linked with him.....2+2=5 maybe.....

gerrys

No, there may have been had he moved to an English club but he is at a Scottish club and they have a different federation.

Milo

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 14, 2018, 01:42:09 PM
'"There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book."' Wiltshire just posted this on his Insta. We were linked with him.....2+2=5 maybe.....

Probably just bought the entire Trollope collection and is regretting his decision halfway through Dr Thorpe..

Fernhurst

Who knows what Mr Arrogant is thinking??
He's apparently got bids for all three of his left backs
Bertram missed out on World Cup and may be looking for one last big deal, so he may decide between Targett or Sam McQueen. Might sell them all and get in a fresh face.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bencher

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 02:55:40 PM
Quote from: gerrys on June 14, 2018, 01:42:41 PM
No, there may have been had he moved to an English club but he is at a Scottish club and they have a different federation.

They're still within the scope of the FIFA regime. We get something but it's very little. I have a feeling it's about 0.5% per year he was in our academy, so about 2% in total. So from a £25m fee we'd get £500k. Takes the pi$$ really

Isn't that the fee we got from Celtic in the first place? Doubles our money...

LVBPTS

hoilett anyone as a squad player on a free? apparently rejecting contracts at Cardiff and due to leave at the end of the month
Supporter since 2000