Author Topic: The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19  (Read 306545 times)

Offline Carborundum

• Legend
Re: The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19
« Reply #500 on: June 13, 2018, 05:43:08 PM »
Ayew alone isn't a particularly exciting prospect,and thus discussing his value doesn't make much sense,
But, considering him as part of a front 3 that consists of Sessegnon,  Mitrovic and Ayew and all of a sudden, WOW !
Now his value looks entirely different.
Fair point.

It was goals per season logic that landed Villa with Ross McCormack.  The best question is “Will they fit our style and plan?”  Though in Villa’s case the question might have been “What exactly is our style and plan?”

Offline Count Flapula

• tjl
« Reply #501 on: June 13, 2018, 05:46:27 PM »

I don't see this as argumentative at all. I'm not against signing him or either for him. I don't see him as a main striker either.
[/quote]

+1 and to be clear, I do NOT want him as our no.9 / main goalscorer - absolutely hope we get Mitro for that. I'm saying as the right side of an attacking front 3 (as we play), for £10m that's not bad business these days.

Offline Holders

• Gentleman Jim
  • Non sumus statione ferroviaria
« Reply #502 on: June 13, 2018, 05:57:41 PM »
In considering Ayew (as I understand ) for RW, I'm assuming that we have Mitro or equivalent in the middle so I say to myself "how does Ayew compare with Aluko (our last established RW) on goals per season and value?". Then he does seem a good prospect and the stats probably stand up.   

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #503 on: June 13, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »
In all of this counting of goas scored by particular players we should remember we paid a reported 8m for Fonte who then scored 3 Championship goals for us. What a risky business it is. Best to hold on to players who have proven their worth, we should be prepared to pay the earth for Mitrovic

Offline charliejones141

• tjl
« Reply #504 on: June 13, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
I just want us to make a signing. Get Mitro done now.

Offline MJG

• Legend
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
« Reply #505 on: June 13, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »
In all of this counting of goas scored by particular players we should remember we paid a reported 8m for Fonte who then scored 3 Championship goals for us. What a risky business it is. Best to hold on to players who have proven their worth, we should be prepared to pay the earth for Mitrovic
how much max? How much is the earth? £40m?

Offline corbs83

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #506 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »
I was going to say exactly the same. As mentioned above, compared to aluko, seems a no brainer. That's not a dig at sone by the way either

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Offline Robertprocter1

• tjl
« Reply #507 on: June 13, 2018, 07:18:55 PM »
West Ham have AGREED a deal for Diop, what was the quoted fee? ?15 mil. Worth a punt, especially if Callum Chambers is £22mil, whom I don’t really rate

They really do go after everyone we’re linked with haha

Offline Madman Maddle

• tjl
« Reply #508 on: June 13, 2018, 07:37:35 PM »
Considering how crazy the market has become in recent years and how pivotal Mitro was in our promotion run, and what a perfect fit for our style he is, I'd even pay 40m if Ashely puts that price tag on him. It's just my opinion and of course I understand that we could get more than just one player for that money. But what if these players turn out to be another Fonte or Mitroglou for us. Checking all boxes with scouts, good track record in another league, but then suddenly they turn out to be injury-prone, not fitting our style or not fitting the PL.

Mitrovic didn't fit the style of Rafa Benitez who likes to play quick attack with through passes. In theory, we could buy a higher profile striker than Mitrovic for less money if Newcastle indeed want 40m. But does this new 20m or 30m striker fit our style? We don't know.

I don't think Mitro will cost 40m. For this he would have to win World Cup topscorer, or Serbia make a semi-final run with Mitro standing out. Very unlikely. If he scores 2 or 3 good goals, 30m wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, he should be our top transfer priority!

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #509 on: June 13, 2018, 07:51:28 PM »
Considering how crazy the market has become in recent years and how pivotal Mitro was in our promotion run, and what a perfect fit for our style he is, I'd even pay 40m if Ashely puts that price tag on him. It's just my opinion and of course I understand that we could get more than just one player for that money. But what if these players turn out to be another Fonte or Mitroglou for us. Checking all boxes with scouts, good track record in another league, but then suddenly they turn out to be injury-prone, not fitting our style or not fitting the PL.

Mitrovic didn't fit the style of Rafa Benitez who likes to play quick attack with through passes. In theory, we could buy a higher profile striker than Mitrovic for less money if Newcastle indeed want 40m. But does this new 20m or 30m striker fit our style? We don't know.

I don't think Mitro will cost 40m. For this he would have to win World Cup topscorer, or Serbia make a semi-final run with Mitro standing out. Very unlikely. If he scores 2 or 3 good goals, 30m wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, he should be our top transfer priority!

25m is the max I would pay for Mitrovic I think.

Offline Barrett487

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »
I just want us to make a signing. Get Mitro done now.
He won't want the distraction until after the WC is over for Serbia, i would think.

Offline Count Flapula

• tjl
« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »

25m is the max I would pay for Mitrovic I think.

This. Any more would be taking the proverbial.

Offline FFC73

• Legend
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »
It’s Thursday 9 August & we don’t have an alternative centre forward, how much do you want Mr Ashley and I’ll sign the cheque  051

If these rumoured prices are correct, welcome back to the Premier Money League

Offline KJS

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
Apart from a few most transfers do not start getting done until 1st July which is when contracts traditionally start / end plus most players / managers are away until then.

Offline Carborundum

• Legend
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2018, 09:13:43 PM »
Mitrovic is an excellent fit, but the revelation is how a certain type of striker just works so well in our system.  Others can do it and like Mitrovic, may well be playing in systems where they don’t currently shine or even get a game.

I’ll be happy if Mitrovic runs out for our first home game.  If someone else doing a similar job is there instead of him, that’s kind of fine too.  Something about Mitrovic suggests to me that it wouldn’t take much for his “I love Fulham” demeanour to mutate into “I’m doing Fulham a favour by being here”.   Jokanovic departing for instance.

If he doesn’t join us, he’s a Fulham favourite for life!

Offline MrFFC

• Graham Leggat
  • Come On You Whites!
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »
I actually think Jordan Ayew would be a good signing for Fulham. Would get a lot of service in this team has good pace & look how much Joka has improved Kamara over the season

Offline mrmicawbers

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2018, 10:23:42 PM »
Let Newcastle leave it to last minute all their bluff.He obviously doesn't want to be there.A deal will be done but at a sensible price.IMO no more than 20 million hopefully less.

Offline David I

• tjl
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2018, 10:39:18 PM »
Apart from a few most transfers do not start getting done until 1st July which is when contracts traditionally start / end plus most players / managers are away until then.

The transfer window is open - opened earlier than usual this year and also ends early!

Offline Denver Fulham

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #518 on: June 14, 2018, 12:59:27 AM »
Once you get into the 20M+ category, you should be aiming for a player better than Mitro (his initial affinity for the club notwithstanding), imo

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #519 on: June 14, 2018, 05:58:07 AM »
Fulham in talks with Bristol City for Joe Bryan as Matt Targett is wanted by Mark Hughes at Southampton,and want be coming back to the Cottage...Radio London Gossip.