https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2018/19

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 17, 2018, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 11:02:30 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 14, 2018, 10:01:52 PM
Maybe we could leave the moaning till the last week of the window? I'm still buzzing from our promotion and amazing second half to the season. No one predicted we'd sign Mitro or Targett or that they'd be so effective, so let's just chill out and see what happens.

I'm being hyperbolic and agree it's still early. However that fact is Now our loan players are gone, we have the weakest squad in the league. We need to sign about 12 players this summer, probably more than anyone, and preferably allowing most enough time for some pre-season with the team. IMO you can reaosnably say give it until the world cup group stage is over and pre-season starts, ie about 3 weeks from now, before moaning, bur we do need to have brought in a good 4-5 new faces by then.
I don't see how you can say we need more players than Cardiff. There are hardly any of their squad I would have in ours.

Don't forget or overlook the success of Burnley and Bournemouth - both basically kept the squad together and added bits of quality where they could.

And even if we find it hard to compete, we still have to manage the money carefully - we don't want another scenario where we go down and have to release most of the better players and replace them with lesser versions because of financial issues.

In Joka I trust. I have really enjoyed the football of the last couple of years, and remain positive about the way we will play next year.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Whitesideup on June 15, 2018, 07:27:26 AM
Maybe we could leave the moaning till the last week of the window? I'm still buzzing from our promotion and amazing second half to the season. No one predicted we'd sign Mitro or Targett or that they'd be so effective, so let's just chill out and see what happens.

I'm being hyperbolic and agree it's still early. However that fact is Now our loan players are gone, we have the weakest squad in the league. We need to sign about 12 players this summer, probably more than anyone, and preferably allowing most enough time for some pre-season with the team. IMO you can reaosnably say give it until the world cup group stage is over and pre-season starts, ie about 3 weeks from now, before moaning, bur we do need to have brought in a good 4-5 new faces by then.
I don't see how you can say we need more players than Cardiff. There are hardly any of their squad I would have in ours.

Don't forget or overlook the success of Burnley and Bournemouth - both basically kept the squad together and added bits of quality where they could.

And even if we find it hard to compete, we still have to manage the money carefully - we don't want another scenario where we go down and have to release most of the better players and replace them with lesser versions because of financial issues.

In Joka I trust. I have really enjoyed the football of the last couple of years, and remain positive about the way we will play next year.

+1
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Bristol City waiting for Fulham's bid for Joe Bryan.

Bassey the warrior

Hear hear.

WhiteJC

Fulham homecoming for Mousa Dembele would suit both parties this summer

This week, Sky Italy, as reported by Sky Sports, have suggested that Napoli, Juventus, and Inter Milan were all exploring signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele.

Although interest from some of Serie A's biggest clubs will undoubtedly tempt the Belgian, Dembele should instead choose to remain in the Premier League and sign for his former club Fulham.

Unfortunately for Tottenham supporters, it appears as if Mauricio Pochettino is willing to listen to offers for the 30-year-old central midfielder, even following one of the Belgian's brightest seasons to date.

But if Dembele is to leave north London, he should stay in the capital and maintain his status in the world's best domestic league, where he can be the star of the show at Craven Cottage.

The Belgian's first foray into English football came at Fulham, when the southwest London club signed Dembele from AZ Alkmaar back in 2010.

Manager Mark Hughes initially utilised him as a striker, but Dembele truly found success when played in a defensive midfield role under Martin Jole in the 2011/12 season.

His remarkable performances that season caught the eye of Tottenham, who bought Dembele along with fellow Fulham player Clint Dempsey on the summer transfer deadline day in 2012.

Dembele has a proud history at Craven Cottage where he is still a firm fan favourite, and a move back to his former stomping ground would suit both parties.

Newly-promoted Fulham are eager to make a splash in their first season in the top-flight since 2013/14, and are searching for a world-class acquisition in the centre of midfield.

Dembele also seems to be on the way out at White Hart Lane, as recent reports on Wednesday from French outlets France Football and RMC even linked the Belgian with a big-money move to a Chinese club.

If he returned to Fulham, the experienced midfielder would be guaranteed first-team football week-in, week-out by the banks of the Thames – a prospect that would be hard to come by at the Italian giants.

Slavisa Jokanovic's team is known for its attacking, possession-based style, but also requires a steely presence in midfield to complement more forward-thinking players.

Dembele offers the perfect mix of defensive resoluteness as well as driving, attacking runs, a combination that would be welcomed by Fulham.

Mousa Dembele would do well to stay in the Premier League and return to Fulham, boosting the Cottagers' ambitions while becoming the main talent at the top-flight club.

https://tbrfootball.com/mousa-dembele-fulham-homecoming/

toshes mate

Here, here.  All I want to see is ambition and the essential recruits identified by the coaching team as the absolute barest minimum for keeping the Fulham Project alive, healthy and well going into a PL season.  Anything less would be criminal.  A little leeway on the barest minimum would be welcome too, provided it is appropriate.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 15, 2018, 08:02:23 AM
Bristol City waiting for Fulham's bid for Joe Bryan.

Are you positioned in your favourite Bush at MP yet ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Walsh

I've got £56.23 here if that helps to bringing Dembele home.

I'd love it if we signed him again!

Cairney and Dembele in the same team would be terrifying.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Quote from: KJS on June 14, 2018, 08:53:05 PM
How did they beat us to Diop when really we don't even know if Slav wanted him in the first place!?
Make sure you put your razor blades and belt out of reach whilst you are acting like a manic depressive! :doh:

Pretty irrelevant really. There are only ever a handful of decent players at the right level (too good for championship clubs but not good enough for top 10 premiership clubs) available in each position each year. All our peer clubs are using the same scouting and statistical analysis techniques applied to a player/stats database we all share. It's like a nightclub with 10 lads on the pull and only 5 nice looking girls. One of them has just gone home with another lad.

This is a very good point and something I've been worrying about for a while. With every mid/lower level PL club having the (more or less) identical stats based approach they will all go for the same players. We can't compete financially with most of those clubs. At least not now when we have to sign three times as many players as them just to stay up. We really need to find the hidden gems. Except there aren't any, unless we disregard the stats completely and take risks based on good old fashioned scouting. Find the players that have been underachieving for whatever reason, like playing out of position or in the wrong system. Mitro is an excellent example. And he was just a last minute stroke of luck through Joka's whatsapp when Mitros original deal fell through, not something that was planned ahead by the stats team.

I'm really worried that we may end up with the leftovers, last minute panic signings.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 15, 2018, 09:16:09 AM

This week, Sky Italy, as reported by Sky Sports, have suggested that Napoli, Juventus, and Inter Milan were all exploring signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Mousa Dembele.

Although interest from some of Serie A's biggest clubs will undoubtedly tempt the Belgian, Dembele should instead choose to remain in the Premier League and sign for his former club Fulham.

Unfortunately for Tottenham supporters, it appears as if Mauricio Pochettino is willing to listen to offers for the 30-year-old central midfielder, even following one of the Belgian's brightest seasons to date.

But if Dembele is to leave north London, he should stay in the capital and maintain his status in the world's best domestic league, where he can be the star of the show at Craven Cottage.

The Belgian's first foray into English football came at Fulham, when the southwest London club signed Dembele from AZ Alkmaar back in 2010.

Manager Mark Hughes initially utilised him as a striker, but Dembele truly found success when played in a defensive midfield role under Martin Jole in the 2011/12 season.

His remarkable performances that season caught the eye of Tottenham, who bought Dembele along with fellow Fulham player Clint Dempsey on the summer transfer deadline day in 2012.

Dembele has a proud history at Craven Cottage where he is still a firm fan favourite, and a move back to his former stomping ground would suit both parties.

Newly-promoted Fulham are eager to make a splash in their first season in the top-flight since 2013/14, and are searching for a world-class acquisition in the centre of midfield.

Dembele also seems to be on the way out at White Hart Lane, as recent reports on Wednesday from French outlets France Football and RMC even linked the Belgian with a big-money move to a Chinese club.

If he returned to Fulham, the experienced midfielder would be guaranteed first-team football week-in, week-out by the banks of the Thames – a prospect that would be hard to come by at the Italian giants.

Slavisa Jokanovic's team is known for its attacking, possession-based style, but also requires a steely presence in midfield to complement more forward-thinking players.

Dembele offers the perfect mix of defensive resoluteness as well as driving, attacking runs, a combination that would be welcomed by Fulham.

Mousa Dembele would do well to stay in the Premier League and return to Fulham, boosting the Cottagers' ambitions while becoming the main talent at the top-flight club.

Dembele would be incredible.

MJG

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on June 15, 2018, 10:25:58 AM
Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
Quote from: KJS on June 14, 2018, 08:53:05 PM
How did they beat us to Diop when really we don't even know if Slav wanted him in the first place!?
Make sure you put your razor blades and belt out of reach whilst you are acting like a manic depressive! :doh:

Pretty irrelevant really. There are only ever a handful of decent players at the right level (too good for championship clubs but not good enough for top 10 premiership clubs) available in each position each year. All our peer clubs are using the same scouting and statistical analysis techniques applied to a player/stats database we all share. It's like a nightclub with 10 lads on the pull and only 5 nice looking girls. One of them has just gone home with another lad.

This is a very good point and something I've been worrying about for a while. With every mid/lower level PL club having the (more or less) identical stats based approach they will all go for the same players. We can't compete financially with most of those clubs. At least not now when we have to sign three times as many players as them just to stay up. We really need to find the hidden gems. Except there aren't any, unless we disregard the stats completely and take risks based on good old fashioned scouting. Find the players that have been underachieving for whatever reason, like playing out of position or in the wrong system. Mitro is an excellent example. And he was just a last minute stroke of luck through Joka's whatsapp when Mitros original deal fell through, not something that was planned ahead by the stats team.

I'm really worried that we may end up with the leftovers, last minute panic signings.
same stats in to a system but many ways to have it tell you what you want.
Style wise, how they fit with other players, do they do better in one position compared to another. If your Cardiff your not always going to look for the same strengths we look for.
Interpretation of stats and combination of them is where the stats guys in all the different clubs earn their money.
Just the views of a long term fan

Sir Craven

Hoppus

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on June 15, 2018, 10:26:12 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 15, 2018, 09:16:09 AM

Dembele would be incredible.

I would love it. Is there something in this story?

Flupp

oleeeeee olee olee olee Mouuuuuuuuuusaaaaa Dembélé !!!!!
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Tabby

Quote from: Hoppus on June 15, 2018, 11:46:20 AM

I would love it. Is there something in this story?

It is just someone speculating.

Milo

No chance of Dembele but him and Mitro in the same team and we would be top 8 in my opinion!

filham

Dembele making the return trip to the Cottage would be great. Reminds me of the going and coming back of Mullery  that was a great success.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Statto on June 14, 2018, 08:44:45 PM
And this is not a big club - they will struggle to get in the top half. Just shows what we're up against and how poor we will be in this league we don't put our hands very deep into our pockets soon.

Yes there's lots of time left in this window but we need to sign lots of players. At the moment you have to say, the likelihood is we will be relegated.

This is our senior squad 3 weeks from the start of pre season training, so to say we need arguably 10 new signings with premiership quality just to kick off the season isn't far off the mark:

bettinelli
christie
sessegnon r
ream
Odoi
johansen
Macdonald
cairney
ayite
kebano
kamara
button
djalo
fonte
cisse
woodrow
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Barrett487

This seems to be an old story (1st June), but i don't remember it on this thread. There's also a fresh article appeared today. links for both below.

15/6/18    http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-make-offer-fulham-qpr-target-player-make-decision/

According to claim in the Dutch media, Malatyaspor have made an offer to sign PEC Zwolle attacker Youness Mokhtar.

The player will become a free agent at the end of this month and he's also been linked with Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

Voetbal International report Malatysport are interested in signing Mokhtar this summer and now the forward is thinking over the offer from the Turkish club.

The 26 year old's agent Cankut Ercan has been quizzed about Malatyaspor's interest and said: "The style and profile of Youness is good for clubs in Turkey. He is open to this league, just like the Italian. It is important that he can continue to grow."

Earlier this month we covered comments made by Ercan, who stated Fulham are interested in Mokhtar. Fulham will be looking to bolster their squad in this transfer window and the forward was presented as an option for the club.

Fulham's West London rivals QPR have also been linked with Mokhtar, with claims in the Netherlands they were monitoring the situation.

It's now a case of clubs making offers to the player and him choosing which suits best.

1/6/18    http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-confirms-fulhams-interest-client-qpr-also-linked/

Trabzon based newspaper Taka report Trabzonspor are still showing an interest in PEC Zwolle attacker Youness Mokhtar, but now face competition from Fulham.

The player will become a free agent at the end of the month and has also been linked with Fulham's West London rivals Queens Park Rangers.

Taka have spoken to Mokhtar's agent Sezer Ozkan and he's confirmed Fulham's interest in the QPR linked forward: "Trabzonspor are looking for cheaper players, we know that. Youness' contract expires so he's free to join the club. Premier League side Fulham are also interested in him.

"I gave him a lot of information about Trabzonspor. He's keen on the move. He's likely to require less than €1m per season from the club, so it's a very good price."

With Fulham's promotion to the Premier League last week they will be looking to bolster their squad this summer, but they'll need to move quickly due to the strong interest from the Turkish club, and also QPR.

Last month we covered reports from the Dutch media that QPR are monitoring the situation with Mokhtar and could move in on the Utrecht born player.

The 26 year old scored 10 goals for PEC Zwolle last season.